Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 129)

Showing posts 2,561 - 2,580 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. There is plenty of evidence for evolution. So, I understand why you refuse to take a bio class, you'd have to question the myths you believe.
Ok let me explain it once again, first I have taken numerous biology classes in my time covering many different disciplines of biology, I would not take one now because I do not wish to be subjected to the lies that will be preached to me in the name of science the myth (lie) of evolution is just that a Myth (lie).

If there is all this evidence for evolution why has no one here been able to post it, to post any at all . One iota would be good.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides the fact that almost all the sciences you posted rely on the TOE in some form.
How do any of them rely on the myth (lie) of evolution in any form?
BOOK OF LIES

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) What is you evidence for your time line, prove it.
2) Yes the flood covered the highest mountains that were there then. If you levelled out the globe it would not take much to cover it, I guess you don’t know much about the ocean floor.
You are the lair here you have no proof for your lies you have nothing but, well, nothing. The Bible does not lie.
You are talking nonsense. It is already well know what the Bible time line is. For example, Bible fanatics claim the world to be around 6,000 years old.

http://www.missiontoamerica.com/genesis/six-t...

However, lest we be too concerned, every honest attempt to determine the date, starting with a deep commitment to the inerrancy of God's Word, has calculated a span of just a few thousand years, most likely close to 6000 years, since creation. The largest figure I've ever seen from a trustworthy scholar is approximately 15,000 years, but even this seems to stretch the Biblical data too far.

http://www.icr.org/article/1137/

The Andromeda Galaxy (/æn&#712;dr&#594;m &#616;d&#601;/) is a spiral galaxy approximately 2.5 million light-years (2.4×1019 km) from Earth[4] in the Andromeda constellation.

If we were to assume the first two estimates by Bible nuts to be false, then we could look at the Bible Creation Account differently.

14 And God said,“Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

So you see, the lights must be at least 2.4million years old.

But let's just look at how the two accounts are lies.

3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Do you see the problem here? Where did the light come from if the Sun and the Moon did not exist?

Go read something and learn for yourself. You have idiots teaching you right now.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been told over and over here ……(edited due to foul language)………………. Circular reasoning. Are you really that ……(edited due to foul language)………………stupid?
Once again the uninformed are showing their true colours. It is said that a person who has to resort to foul language does not have the vocabulary to correctly express himself. I guess that fits very well here.

Circular reasoning is dating fossils by the layer it is found in and dating the layer by the fossils found in that layer. The fact, truth of creation says, during the world wide flood there were thousands of dead thing layed down in sediment all over the world.
DJ Hewlet

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Science
It's not going to happen unless science can get its head of its materialistic arse. As it is, it disregards what can't be tested and measured by physical means alone. Its net of physical evidence is equipped only to catch certain kinds of fish, everything else is ignored.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you can officially …..*(edited due to foul language)…………… off now troll. Trolls are to be ignored.
Just as I said above when you have nothing to say all you can do is use foul language, well that does show you true colours. Perhaps it is time you got an education.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
How do any of them rely on the myth (lie) of evolution in any form?
Ok, you can officially fu&k off now troll. Trolls are to be ignored.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed it was from Wiki then didn't cite a link. You expect us to believe a dishonest troll like you?
Wikipedia acknowledges that it should not be used as a primary source for research.[3]

Librarian Philip Bradley stated in an October 2004 interview with The Guardian that "the main problem is the lack of authority. With printed publications, the publishers have to ensure that their data is reliable, as their livelihood depends on it. But with something like this, all that goes out the window."[4] Robert McHenry similarly noted that readers of Wikipedia cannot know who has written the article they are reading – it may or may not have been written by an expert.[5]
BOOK OF LIES

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been told over and over here asshat. Circular reasoning. Are you really that fu&king stupid?
No doubt he is that stupid.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I said above when you have nothing to say all you can do is use foul language, well that does show you true colours. Perhaps it is time you got an education.
Last time :

Ok, you can officially fu&k off now troll. Trolls are to be ignored.

Bye

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking nonsense. It is already well know what the Bible time line is. For example, Bible fanatics claim the world to be around 6,000 years old.
……………………….Go read something and learn for yourself. You have idiots teaching you right now.
RIGHT BACK AT YE…………..Go read something and learn for yourself. You have idiots teaching you.…..
Yes the world is around 6000 years old, no problem. I have no issue with that at all, it is completely possible and 100% accurate.
Now let me explain one of the basic concepts of design in this case creation of the universe. YHVH God of Israel designed the universe just the way He wanted to. He put the stars and planets in the sky for us, so he put them so we could see them (as you quoted from scripture) light and all, no need to worry about the speed of light and the time it takes for light to reach the earth form the outermost reaches of the realm, that is the way it was designed.

I am very glad you quote scripture so I can correct your understanding of it. Lets revisit your quote form Genesis Ch 1, the Hebrew behind the English translation you quoted has the wording of spiritual day and night not physical light but spiritual light, you see no contradiction no problem.

How ever I was asking you for proof of your ultra long time scale form year 1 which was what, about 5 billion years ago, then go on to the puddle form which life was supposed to have sprung, then go on to the fish walking out of the pond and not needing gills to breath, then go on to explain the time frame for the bacterial flagellum to develop right up to day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time :
Ok, you can officially ..........edited due to foul language)......... off now troll. Trolls are to be ignored.
Bye
Yup it is official yet another proponent of the myth (lie) of evolution bow out because he has been sounded beaten by me. Go back to school and get un-brainwashed.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe atheism is a conclusion but that seems to be all we agree on. You speak of science as if it were a way of life, a philosopy so to speak. It isn't, there are many disciplines in science (if that is the correct term) much more than I can ever hope to understand.
That said, my change of attitude did not come about because of science in any shape, form or fashion. Thirty some odd years of church, the last decade being a Sunday School teacher caused my belief in a god to wither and die.
The contradictions of the bible, the hypocrisy, the pettyness of the deity much less the shennanigans of the 'saved'(for we are all human) eroded and chipped away my convictions. Also, I am without belief, not a belief in the nonexistance of a god. This brought me great relief and I saw that I could continue my life as I had before without the superstitious myths, without rules and without a heaven or hell yawning before me.
There are consequences, but they occur in this life. Death is the equalizer and inevitable. I've already 'died' once and it's nothing to fear.
I guess maybe your branch of atheism is the part that admits it as a conclusion, the others I can't say, so I take back what I said by using atheism as a whole. I think there is a philosophy of science in that it 'should' deal with things in the physical and material world and in some cases it uses a little metaphysics. So for me science is way of thinking. E.g to use evidence to back up theories.
Thirty years is a long time, and sounds like quite a journey. Well, I hope you find a peace of mind in where you are now :).
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Cr@p
Your postulate is simply "the universe supports life so well, that it must have been designed so support life."
As Douglas Adams pointed out, this is like a mud puddle claiming the planet fits him so well, it must have been designed to fit him. Whereas the actual fact is the mud puddle formed to fit the planet.
And so it is with life. Life forms to fit the available conditions, not the other way around.
You've still got nothing.
The worlds most prominant physisits have had to postulate "multiverses", parrallel universis" and "worm hole producing baby universis" all to try an refute the clear implication of the anthropic principles.

The statistical imporbability of mutiple life producing phenomina reduiguires a better explanantion than Adams..."well were here so I guess its no big deal" - non answer.

FYI - I dont axpect you to answer this querry, I am just demonstrating that many juvinile atheists have a hard time excepting that genuine intellectual challanges abound for their zelous lack of belief.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
The worlds most prominant physisits have had to postulate "multiverses", parrallel universis" and "worm hole producing baby universis" all to try an refute the clear implication of the anthropic principles.
No, they do this because physics breaks down prior to the big bang.
Fitz wrote:
The statistical imporbability of mutiple life producing phenomina reduiguires a better explanantion than Adams..."well were here so I guess its no big deal" - non answer..
It also requires a better explanation than Godidit.
Fitz wrote:
that many juvinile atheists have a hard time excepting that genuine intellectual challanges abound for their zelous lack of belief.
When arguing intelligent people, it helps if you can spell. Want to try again?
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The statistical imporbability of mutiple life producing phenomina reduiguires a better explanantion than Adams..."well were here so I guess its no big deal" - non answer.
FYI - I dont axpect you to answer this querry, I am just demonstrating that many juvinile atheists have a hard time excepting that genuine intellectual challanges abound for their zelous lack of belief.
Neat!
The US remains a Christian oriented nation.
Secularism seems on the decline.
Public Schools observe Christmas and Easter holidays
and the universe goes on

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I will ask you to prove your lies. Once again I know you won't
You're part of some fundie sect that believes the laws of the OT are still in effect.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they do this because physics breaks down prior to the big bang.

It also requires a better explanation than Godidit.

When arguing intelligent people, it helps if you can spell. Want to try again?
What big bang would that be?
The same thing can be said for your spelling "Godidit" is not a real word.

Perhaps you should mind your own advice and be careful when arguing with intelligent people like me. But no you gave up did you not, Oh yes alas you did.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're part of some fundie sect that believes the laws of the OT are still in effect.
Jewish fundies can be worse than Christian fundies. I wonder if he use those special tools for dialing phones on the sabbath.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are YHVH God of Israel never changes nor does his Torah.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,561 - 2,580 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••