Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2697 Jan 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF ever. Bible doesn't count moron. You've been taught that over and over here. You're just too dense to grasp reality.
Why would the Bible not count, it is a 100% accurate historical record of the events, if you can prove otherwise pleas do.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2698 Jan 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya God could in no way make a female out of Adams rib.
He spoke into existence's everything you see and all you don't see. He breathed the breath of life in to dirt to create Adam.
DNA who do you think made it?
LOL
Nobody made it.
And the story shows the people who made up the creation story didn't know about it. It's a Bronze Age myth.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2699 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Why is creation physically impossible.
2) Why is the flood physically impossible.
3) Where does YHVH's Torah conflict with science.
1. The earth was created around the same time as some of the stars which we could see. Others obviously were created before. The Bible lies. It says the earth was created first. People showed up around 140,000 years ago, the Earth is 4.5 -5 billion years old. The Bible lies. The Bible timeline is less than 10,000 years.

2. The flood covered the highest mountain. If all the water which exists in the Earth's entire biosphere were brought to the surface and melted, it would only raise the ocean level by a few meters. This is hardly enough to cover even the lowest mountain. The Bible lies.

The Bible is a Book of lies.

#2700 Jan 10, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody made it.
And the story shows the people who made up the creation story didn't know about it. It's a Bronze Age myth.
Once again I will ask you to prove your lies. Once again I know you won't
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2701 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Why is creation physically impossible.
2) Why is the flood physically impossible.
3) Where does YHVH's Torah conflict with science.
Your God doesn't exist.

GROW UP.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2702 Jan 10, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, that would be the same as talking to a member of each of the 41,000 sects of christianity worldwide;0) Then factor in all of the other religions and subsects.....
Yeah, I only just became aware of that lol. I came here thinking I understood atheism, to find its as broad as a new word I just added to my small vocabulary, theism. I'm not sure if one can argue against something so broad.

#2703 Jan 10, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The earth was created around the same time as some of the stars which we could see. Others obviously were created before. The Bible lies. It says the earth was created first. People showed up around 140,000 years ago, the Earth is 4.5 -5 billion years old. The Bible lies. The Bible timeline is less than 10,000 years.
2. The flood covered the highest mountain. If all the water which exists in the Earth's entire biosphere were brought to the surface and melted, it would only raise the ocean level by a few meters. This is hardly enough to cover even the lowest mountain. The Bible lies.
The Bible is a Book of lies.
1) What is you evidence for your time line, prove it.
2) Yes the flood covered the highest mountains that were there then. If you levelled out the globe it would not take much to cover it, I guess you donít know much about the ocean floor.
You are the lair here you have no proof for your lies you have nothing but, well, nothing. The Bible does not lie.

#2704 Jan 10, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God doesn't exist.
GROW UP.
I just love it because I disagree with you I have to "GROW UP". Prove that YHVH God of Israel does not exist.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2705 Jan 10, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently your not familiar with the anthropic principles.. They are not "God of the gaps" argument.They are a set of formal laws of physics that point directly to a rational creator as the author of the universe.
You should know something of what you speak before you weight in on a topic.
If they have stumped our best physisists then you should probably take some time before you dismiss arguments your clearly not ready to refute except by spurious analogy.
Bull Cr@p

Your postulate is simply "the universe supports life so well, that it must have been designed so support life."

As Douglas Adams pointed out, this is like a mud puddle claiming the planet fits him so well, it must have been designed to fit him. Whereas the actual fact is the mud puddle formed to fit the planet.

And so it is with life. Life forms to fit the available conditions, not the other way around.

You've still got nothing.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#2706 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Bible not count, it is a 100% accurate historical record of the events, if you can prove otherwise pleas do.
Not even close to historical accuracy. For example, there are different Resurrection accounts. If you try to reconstruct the Resurrection using everything contained in the Gospels, you will fail because there are mutually exclusive events. Another example is this. Did Mary, Joseph and Jesus flee to Egypt or was Jesus brought too the Temple for ritualistic observance? These are also mutually exclusive. Were Adam and Eve sent out into the world to fill the world on the sixth day or did they hang around the Garden awhile until they fell out of favor with God by committing the original sin? Besides, the creation accounts fail any reasonable natural history analysis. Conclusion. The Bible is historically inaccurate in numerous ways.

Santa Monica, CA

#2707 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not playing word games at all, yes I do have a saviour His name is Yehoshua Rebbe Melech Hamoshiach
LOL. "Yehoshua" is the same biblical character Jesus is.

Santa Monica, CA

#2708 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I will ask you to prove your lies. Once again I know you won't
What lie? Are you claiming the people who wrote the creation story in Genesis did know about DNA?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#2709 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
OK now prove you can do this extraordinary thing with your science.
Supply a god then we'll get right on it. Been waiting for over 6000 years and still nothing.

Nunya

#2710 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been told over and over here asshat. Circular reasoning. Are you really that fu&king stupid?

Nunya

#2711 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
A link to what? Do you not know what all the dig words mean?
You claimed it was from Wiki then didn't cite a link. You expect us to believe a dishonest troll like you?

Santa Monica, CA

#2712 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have said that before, but still I will not take an indoctrination class again. This morning I posted 2 pages of biologies that do not need the myth of evolution so why should I take any biology to learn a myth.
There is no evidence that evolution exists or has ever exist4ed so to use your logic it remains untrue.
LOL. There is plenty of evidence for evolution. So, I understand why you refuse to take a bio class, you'd have to question the myths you believe.

Nunya

#2713 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
A link to what? Do you not know what all the dig words mean?
Besides the fact that almost all the sciences you posted rely on the TOE in some form.

#2714 Jan 10, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. "Yehoshua" is the same biblical character Jesus is.
That only proves how little you know about the subject.

#2715 Jan 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed it was from Wiki then didn't cite a link. You expect us to believe a dishonest troll like you?
Why not Google it yourself, I have never been dishonest neither am I a troll.

Nunya

#2716 Jan 10, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it because I disagree with you I have to "GROW UP". Prove that YHVH God of Israel does not exist.
Ok, you can officially fu&k off now troll. Trolls are to be ignored.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Perils of Belief 24 min P_Smith 1
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 30 min P_Smith 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Richardfs 233,181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Morse 23,268
Evidence for God! 2 hr Morse 373
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 11 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 11 hr RayOne 2,621
More from around the web