Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
2,501 - 2,520 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2656
Jan 10, 2013
 
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of DNA, Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man. Face it, the Adam and Eve story was made up by ignorant people who didn't know about DNA. It was the Bronze Age when they made up the story, I can sort of understand why they believed it, why do you? You know about DNA.
Oh ya God could in no way make a female out of Adams rib.

He spoke into existence's everything you see and all you don't see. He breathed the breath of life in to dirt to create Adam.

DNA who do you think made it?

LOL

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2657
Jan 10, 2013
 
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
You're most welcome to express your opinions, I hope mine is equally welcome. I guess one doctrine all Atheists hold true is their belief in no god. God as far as I know other religions say, resides in the realm beyond the physical, beyond the empirical and thus beyond where Science dares venture without being ridiculed by the scientific community. This abstract realm, one may say there resides a god, another may say there resides no god. So perhaps where atheism becomes a doctrine and not a definite, is that the individual goes to gods realm and proclaims there is none. Wouldn't you say that requires a little faith in ones own belief?
I agree with your views on Evolution.
No, afraid not. Try Cambridge University:http://www.investig atingatheism.info/definition.h tml

Definition of Atheism

Atheism is a complex term to define, and many definitions fail to capture the range of positions an atheist can hold. Perhaps the most obvious meaning to many people now is the absence or rejection of a belief in a God, or gods. However, it has been used through much of history to denote certain beliefs seen as heretical, particularly the belief that God does not intervene in the world.


“...the exact meaning of 'atheist' varies between thinkers and caution must always be shown to make sure that discussions of atheism are not working at cross purposes.”

I do believe we are at cross purposes as you seem to be referring to the archaic 'accepted' definition and I am using the 21st century form of the word.

The greek root 'a' in atheist simply means without, ergo 'without belief.'

Plus the meaning of the word doctrine:

Noun

1.A belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church, political party, or other group.
2.A stated principle of government policy, mainly in foreign or military affairs: "the Monroe Doctrine".

Synonyms

tenet - ism - teaching - dogma

If we can come to an agreement on definition, I believe we can communicate better.

We agree on Evolution.....that's a start;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2658
Jan 10, 2013
 
This Made Me Laugh wrote:
"Why Atheism Will Replace Religion"
"Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious."
Atheism: the rejection of belief in the existence of deities
Cite your source otherwise you are wasting time, both yours and mine.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2660
Jan 10, 2013
 
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Secularist are a whole different question. Once can be a secularist and be either a theist or a non-theist.
Secularism is the principle of separation of government and religion.
Any religion that does not have political power want a secular government.
I enjoy and support secularism.

Alas Easter Break will be celebrated by Public Schools as was Christmas. One or two weeks off.

Separation of Church and State in a largely Christian country, is a bit of a myth?
Fitz

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2661
Jan 10, 2013
 
Anthropic principles

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2662
Jan 10, 2013
 
Fitz wrote:
Anthropic principles
What about them?

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2663
Jan 10, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
You would need to ask him that I am not a mind reader.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2664
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence your god exists, you haven't been able to come up with any. So, that is evidence he doesn't exist.
And there is lots of evidence for evolution.
Take a biology class.
You have said that before, but still I will not take an indoctrination class again. This morning I posted 2 pages of biologies that do not need the myth of evolution so why should I take any biology to learn a myth.

There is no evidence that evolution exists or has ever exist4ed so to use your logic it remains untrue.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2665
Jan 10, 2013
 
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Herding cats!
You might look up theological noncognitivism as a number of atheists on here do subscribe to that argument.
Also as I have already mentioned Humanism is a very common positive world view for a lot of atheist, so it might be worth you time to read up on it.
true, maybe we can try give the cats some names?
I think maybe if there are so many different types of atheists, it might be a good idea to include ones other isms, or start grouping the types, to help identify one from the other.
Humanism, sure I'll check that out some time, thanks.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2666
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you playing word games?
Do you have a savior?
What's his (or her) name?
No I am not playing word games at all, yes I do have a saviour His name is Yehoshua Rebbe Melech Hamoshiach

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2667
Jan 10, 2013
 
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the whole logic thing is beyond you.
But, once he proved god doesn't exist with the first 6, no more propositions are needed.
Oh dear I guess you know nothing of the construction of logic here let me enlighten you: The most basic of all logic 2 component binary (OR State):
A + B = C
0 + 0 = 0
0 + 1 = 1
1 + 0 = 1
1 + 1 = 1

You see all possible states must be presented for a logic argument to be valid, not lust those with a possible negative out come to suit a personal conclusion.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2668
Jan 10, 2013
 
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have said that before, but still I will not take an indoctrination class again. This morning I posted 2 pages of biologies that do not need the myth of evolution so why should I take any biology to learn a myth.
There is no evidence that evolution exists or has ever exist4ed so to use your logic it remains untrue.
But your biologies require magic, which has not been proven to exist. FAIL!!

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2669
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But the universe wasn't designed. It wasn't created. It has always existed in one form or another.
No there is a new twist to the myth (lie) it has "ALWAYS" existed. HA HA HA HA HA

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2670
Jan 10, 2013
 
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. We can't have day and night, nor plants without the sun. Duh, fundie.
2. Not enough water on earth. How can an adult believe that flood story is true? A boat lined with tar with 60 million insects on it!? For months?
3. LOL! See #1.
Oh dear same old same old, we covered this a few pages ago, YES we can have both Day and night (as a measure of time) with out the sun, name 1 plant that cannot survive for 24 hours with out the sun.

I guess you don't know the flood account very well. May I perhaps suggest some actual reading of the Torah prior to you making comment on what you don't know.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2671
Jan 10, 2013
 
You're seeing patterns that make you conclude incorrectly.
As demonstrated here:

www.youtube.com/watch...
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not playing word games at all, yes I do have a saviour His name is Yehoshua Rebbe Melech Hamoshiach

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2672
Jan 10, 2013
 
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of DNA, Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man. Face it, the Adam and Eve story was made up by ignorant people who didn't know about DNA. It was the Bronze Age when they made up the story, I can sort of understand why they believed it, why do you? You know about DNA.
Again Adam and Eve have been covered, <WHY DO I NEED TO KEEP DISPROVING THE SAME OLD ARGUMENTS OVER AND OVER>
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2673
Jan 10, 2013
 
Silly story.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Adam and Eve have been covered, <WHY DO I NEED TO KEEP DISPROVING THE SAME OLD ARGUMENTS OVER AND OVER>

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2674
Jan 10, 2013
 
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
But your biologies require magic, which has not been proven to exist. FAIL!!
Which of this abbreviated list needs "magic" of any kind to exist.

List partially thanks to Wikipedia:
These are the main branches of biology that do not require the myth (lie) of evolution.
Aerobiology – the study of airborne organic particles
Agriculture – the study of producing crops from the land, with an emphasis on practical applications
Anatomy – the study of form and function, in plants, animals, and other organisms, or specifically in humans
Arachnology – the study of arachnids
Biochemistry – the study of the chemical reactions required for life to exist and function, usually a focus on the cellular level
Bioengineering – the study of biology through the means of engineering with an emphasis on applied knowledge and especially related to biotechnology
Biogeography – the study of the distribution of species spatially and temporally
Bioinformatics – the use of information technology for the study, collection, and storage of genomic and other biological data
Biomathematics (or Mathematical biology)– the quantitative or mathematical study of biological processes, with an emphasis on modeling
Biomechanics – often considered a branch of medicine, the study of the mechanics of living beings, with an emphasis on applied use through prosthetics or orthotics
Biomedical research – the study of the human body in health and disease
Biomusicology - study of music from a biological point of view.
Biophysics – the study of biological processes through physics, by applying the theories and methods traditionally used in the physical sciences
Biotechnology – a new and sometimes controversial branch of biology that studies the manipulation of living matter, including genetic modification and synthetic biology
Building biology – the study of the indoor living environment
Botany – the study of plants

You just alienated a whole lot of your myth friends by saying they need "magic". WOW you need to get a consensus between the myth (lie) of evolution followers if you want to look at all credible, you just single handily blew the whole evolutionary science brand out of the water. THANKS

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2675
Jan 10, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
You're seeing patterns that make you conclude incorrectly.
As demonstrated here:
www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
The lie according to, suggestive thought by Lead Zeppelin , I fail to see what this has to do with the correct name of the Messiah.

Unless you are discussing indoctrination by the myth (lie) of evolution teachers, yes that is it you have fallen for their lie and are trying to demonstrate just how gullible you are. Good for you.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2676
Jan 10, 2013
 
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, afraid not. Try Cambridge University:http://www.investig atingatheism.info/definition.h tml
Definition of Atheism
Atheism is a complex term to define, and many definitions fail to capture the range of positions an atheist can hold. Perhaps the most obvious meaning to many people now is the absence or rejection of a belief in a God, or gods. However, it has been used through much of history to denote certain beliefs seen as heretical, particularly the belief that God does not intervene in the world.
“...the exact meaning of 'atheist' varies between thinkers and caution must always be shown to make sure that discussions of atheism are not working at cross purposes.”
I do believe we are at cross purposes as you seem to be referring to the archaic 'accepted' definition and I am using the 21st century form of the word.
The greek root 'a' in atheist simply means without, ergo 'without belief.'
Plus the meaning of the word doctrine:
Noun
1.A belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church, political party, or other group.
2.A stated principle of government policy, mainly in foreign or military affairs: "the Monroe Doctrine".
Synonyms
tenet - ism - teaching - dogma
If we can come to an agreement on definition, I believe we can communicate better.
We agree on Evolution.....that's a start;0)
Yes, I think a definition would definitely help. Are there any other isms you might believe in btw?
Anyways, here's one I got from my dictionary app:
a·the·ism  [ey-thee-iz-uh& #8201;m]
noun
1.the doctrine or belief that  there is no God.
2.disbelief in the existence o f a supreme being or beings.

Another from the Oxford Dictionary of English on my ebook reader
- noun [mass noun] the theory or belief that God does not exist.

That's what I got so far...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••