Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 125)

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely false. Most of these DO rely on evolution to understand them.
No they don't see above post.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No study of Biology NEEDS to recognise the myth (lie) of evolution yes they are all taught it and that to indoctrinate their thinking, NEED it now way. I do not need the myth (lie) of evolution to study the cell in a muscle and the way it interacts with amino acids in order to develop, nor do I need to have any need of the myth (lie) of evolution in order to study embryonic development.
You may not need evolution to *study* these things, but you do need it to fully *understand* these things. Part of understanding is putting things into context. And the context of descent with modification allows a deeper understanding of why development happens the way it does.
In order to create a predictive model of any sort one need to begin with a base if that precondition is myth (lie) of evolution they your model will be established with a faulty base and your conclusion based on myth (lie) of evolution will never be proven, if however you construct your model on knowledge of the seen and tested then your outcome is testable and reproducible in the lab.
You have it backwards. The observations point to and support evolution. The observations are the base. Evolution is a consequence of the data.
The issue you have with you myth (lie) of evolution based model is that you age your fossils by the layers of the geologic column and you age the layers of the geologic column by the fossils you found in them. WRONG you cannot do so. How do you explain the existence of dino footprints alongside human footprints
Faked or misunderstood. many of the Paluxy tracks are faked.
and how do you explain the finding of Dino soft tissue still intact. Some problems for your myth (lie) of evolution and billions of years.
Well, Dinosaurs only lived 65-140 million years ago, not billions. Soft tissue can be preserved if the conditions are right. It isn't easy, which is why such soft tissues are incredibly rare, but it can (and does) happen.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't see above post.
Wrong, see above post. You can study these subjects, but to understand them requires evolution.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Btw all you did here was obfuscate and then toss in generous Ad Homs. Your only statement that even resembles an argument is you pondering why atheists won't accept the moonbeams and stardust of your imagination as reasoning for god/s. That may get you a C- in a creative writing class but not much good anywhere else. Your god coming to dinner feeble example completely destroyed your unobservable realm argument.
Wow you are really bad at this. Next time use your reasoning skills instead of stealing lines from how to debate an atheist websites hmm?
Love with your heart but use your brain for everything else.
<quoted text>
C-, that's a pass ain't it, I'm happy with that. I hope someone here can sympathise with me for arguing to one so steadfast in your belief. Please forgive me if Im beginning to resemble a broken record, but I do feel I should try make my arguments clear. I'm willing to accept my arguments may be flawed, are you? My argument is neither for gods or no gods, it's that atheism is a conclusion, a doctrine, a belief in no god. One reached by believing science arbitrarily leads to a conclusion that there is no god. Gods are not empirical,'therefore' I will not believe it!
If my arguments seem similar to this website of yours, it's probably coincidental. Wait, are coincidences empirical?i do love with my heart, wait is love empirical? You may dismiss possibilites of gods, why turn a blind eye to other 'imaginations' such as love, happiness?'My dear wife if youre not imagined, my brain wants you, I'm imagining feelings for you, im imagining it's sweetness, wish you could see it. No, I imagine I'll never leave you.'
I bring to you humble opinions and you throw them out as silly, unreasonable, unacceptable arguments, and sometimes I purposely make it silly to try highlight something, which seems did not have any effect and hit a brick wall. Quit styling me as some atheist hater, with nothing better to do than get twisted enjoyment in attacking another's belief. I believe myself quite liberal to all beliefs, open to all reasonable possibilities, are you?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
... My argument is neither for gods or no gods, it's that atheism is a conclusion, a doctrine, a belief in no god....
That's a common misunderstanding, exacerbated by the fact that most atheists are not members of any organized structure. It is often said that getting atheists to agree on anything is like herding cats.

But the truth is, one could say the same thing about theists. That's why there are so many religions and sects. Each vying for their particular version of "truth".

Atheism must be viewed as a category at the same level as theism. In fact, the most basic meaning of these words requires this --

Theism is the belief in the existence in one or more deities.

Atheism is literally "not-theism" and therefore includes anybody and everybody who is not a theists. That's a lot of different philosophies to try and lump into one mindset.

And lumping all atheists into one mindset is exactly where theists get into trouble.

I'm an atheists. But that only tells you that I am not a theists. It tells you absolutely nothing about what I believe. Nothing.

I'm also a Humanist, which is a positive statement of belief and actually informs you at least to some level as to what my beliefs are. Very different.

Generally speaking (which is all you can really do for the entire category of atheism), atheists do NOT claim that gods are disproven. Atheists only claim that gods are unproven.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not need evolution to *study* these things,………………………which is why such soft tissues are incredibly rare, but it can (and does) happen.
I can put understanding into context without having to have preconceived notions based on the myth (lie) of evolution. The myth (lie) of evolution is a tool used for the following:\
1) To indoctrinate gullible and venerable students by teaching and preaching a myth.
2) To solicit funds to maintain the status quo and occupations
3) To attempt to disprove the existence of UHVH God of Israel
4) Remove accountability for action and be self governing
Even though you are trying hard you are missing in every shot,:“Evolution is a consequence of the data” if evolution is the “consequence of the data” then it can be measured, reproduced and tested in the lab, IT CANNOT BE ANY OF THE SORT.
You cannot put guess work as a basis for study and expect to get anything other than guess work. Once again why do I need any understanding of the myth (lie) of evolution to study and understand the actions of amino acids and proteins on the muscles of humans. Why do I need any understanding of the myth (lie) of evolution to study and understand the electrical transmissions in the human brain and nervous system? I DO NOT>
Yes soft tissue can be preserved if frozen but it was not frozen, If you found in a fossil by an evolutionist, who now doubts evolution.

I just love this line “Faked or misunderstood. Many of the Paluxy tracks are faked” in other words, it does not fit our little myth (lie) of evolution so it must be a fake. WOW, you lot are so arrogant.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle the truth, but you don't have it. Do you even know what Last Thursdayism is? And why it is relevant to what you said?
Last Thursdayism (sometimes Last Tuesdayism or Last Wednesdayism) refers to the idea that the universe may have been created last Thursday.......... and so on.

No it was not I know this because I was alive last Wednesday, last Tuesday and so son and so forth.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a common misunderstanding, exacerbated by the fact that most atheists are not members of any organized structure. It is often said that getting atheists to agree on anything is like herding cats.
But the truth is, one could say the same thing about theists. That's why there are so many religions and sects. Each vying for their particular version of "truth".
Atheism must be viewed as a category at the same level as theism. In fact, the most basic meaning of these words requires this --
Atheism is literally "not-theism" and therefore includes anybody and everybody who is not a theists. That's a lot of different philosophies to try and lump into one mindset.
And lumping all atheists into one mindset is exactly where theists get into trouble.
I'm an atheists. But that only tells you that I am not a theists. It tells you absolutely nothing about what I believe. Nothing.
I'm also a Humanist, which is a positive statement of belief and actually informs you at least to some level as to what my beliefs are. Very different.
Generally speaking (which is all you can really do for the entire category of atheism), atheists do NOT claim that gods are disproven. Atheists only claim that gods are unproven.
Secularists about 20% in America - NYT s

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, interesting.. It may take me a little while to wrap my head around your view of atheism, but I will try. One thing is for sure, I doubt I'll be entering anymore discussions with such a variety each individual atheists believes. To find common ground with one, another will disagree with it, and it continues on endlessly.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Last Thursdayism (sometimes Last Tuesdayism or Last Wednesdayism) refers to the idea that the universe may have been created last Thursday.......... and so on.
No it was not I know this because I was alive last Wednesday, last Tuesday and so son and so forth.
But a creator would have created you Last Thursday with memories prior to that time, right??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
But a creator would have created you Last Thursday with memories prior to that time, right??
Yup, but He did not. Yet another feeble attempt to discredit God HYVH God of Israel.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Secularists about 20% in America - NYT s
Secularist are a whole different question. Once can be a secularist and be either a theist or a non-theist.

Secularism is the principle of separation of government and religion.

Any religion that does not have political power want a secular government.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, interesting.. It may take me a little while to wrap my head around your view of atheism, but I will try. One thing is for sure, I doubt I'll be entering anymore discussions with such a variety each individual atheists believes. To find common ground with one, another will disagree with it, and it continues on endlessly.
Herding cats!

You might look up theological noncognitivism as a number of atheists on here do subscribe to that argument.

Also as I have already mentioned Humanism is a very common positive world view for a lot of atheist, so it might be worth you time to read up on it.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Why?
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked for the proof I provided it, you need to get to reality.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can and do say the same to you. What evidence do you have that God (YHVH God of Israel) does not exist, what evidence do you have for your myth (lie) of evolution
There is no evidence your god exists, you haven't been able to come up with any. So, that is evidence he doesn't exist.

And there is lots of evidence for evolution.
Take a biology class.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No jesus is not
Are you playing word games?
Do you have a savior?
What's his (or her) name?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear rose do you not get it there are way more than only 6 possible outcomes for that logic proposition, There are approximately 4500 that he missed out . I have fully explained the construction of a logic argument to him so may wish to read that,
Yeah, the whole logic thing is beyond you.
But, once he proved god doesn't exist with the first 6, no more propositions are needed.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually good analogy nothing that is designed required to be of itself to be designed form the Universe to a simple pin
But the universe wasn't designed. It wasn't created. It has always existed in one form or another.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Why is creation physically impossible.
2) Why is the flood physically impossible.
3) Where does YHVH's Torah conflict with science.
1. We can't have day and night, nor plants without the sun. Duh, fundie.

2. Not enough water on earth. How can an adult believe that flood story is true? A boat lined with tar with 60 million insects on it!? For months?

3. LOL! See #1.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you knew the real true one God, YHVH the God of Israel you would know what to expect of Him, Yes UHVH God of Israel did include the adaptation design feature in each and every part of his creation and yes he Know that the DNA molecule would need that ability to survive but not for billions of years.
Speaking of DNA, Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man. Face it, the Adam and Eve story was made up by ignorant people who didn't know about DNA. It was the Bronze Age when they made up the story, I can sort of understand why they believed it, why do you? You know about DNA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••