Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2514 Jan 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Boy oh boy you...
I'm not purposely ignoring your questions, lets not make it out i am. I assure you, these are my own humble opinions, not from an apologetic website. What is this atheist website you are talking about?? Again, lets not jump to conclusions so fast. You believe life after death came from ancient sheep kissers, some believe it came from God. You're welcome to your own belief. If everyone saw what your sheep kissers saw today then it obviously would not be said to be beyond the empirical realm. I don't think I am avoiding your question, I've told you my answer, you're welcome to disagree with it or not.
There was a doctrine that believed we were made of atoms from ancient greece. Could they prove it at the time? No. Did they end up being right? Yeah. Was he a sheep kisser too because he believed without proof?? Science is more a way of thinking, is it not?
Yes, we have much to thank science for. We thank science for much of the improvements in our lives.
How do you know I'm religious? I could be an atheist myself with a different viewpoint.
I look forward to your reply, I'll let you have the last say. May God, leprechauns, or no god be with you all :)

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2515 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have forgotten the discussion last time you posted that so called proof as I point out this morning your logic is flawed and you knowledge of UYHVH God of Israel is lacking. I won get over it.
Yes! I did indeed "forget" please feel free to remind me, lying Christian.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#2516 Jan 9, 2013
The anthropic principles...

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2517 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! I did indeed "forget" please feel free to remind me, lying Christian.
First I am neither lying nor a Christian. Look back over the past 3 pages of posts and you will see. By the way when are you going to amend the logic of you argument to include the over 4500 other possibilities for selection.

#2518 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
First I am neither lying nor a Christian. Look back over the past 3 pages of posts and you will see. By the way when are you going to amend the logic of you argument to include the over 4500 other possibilities for selection.
If it lies like a Christian and it fantasizes like a Christian, then for all intents and purposes, it is a lying Christian.

And so now you are sniveling because I only disproved your God and not all the others. You can apply the same logic to all the others. It will hold just as well.

#2519 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If it lies like a Christian and it fantasizes like a Christian, then for all intents and purposes, it is a lying Christian.
And so now you are sniveling because I only disproved your God and not all the others. You can apply the same logic to all the others. It will hold just as well.
Thank you for showing us just how immature you really are, each time you post you dig your hole that little bit deeper.
I remind you that you have actually not proved anything except that my statement above is correct.
I am still waiting for you to disprove anything, in case you do not understand the rules of logic when making a logical statement all possible results must be presented this is called a truth table, you made a statement with only presented 6 possible outcomes I posted a seventh and there are a possible 4500 or so others, your lack of understanding of the principles of logic argument helps to dig that hole just that bit deeper each time you post.

#2520 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for showing us just how immature you really are, each time you post you dig your hole that little bit deeper.
I remind you that you have actually not proved anything except that my statement above is correct.
I am still waiting for you to disprove anything, in case you do not understand the rules of logic when making a logical statement all possible results must be presented this is called a truth table, you made a statement with only presented 6 possible outcomes I posted a seventh and there are a possible 4500 or so others, your lack of understanding of the principles of logic argument helps to dig that hole just that bit deeper each time you post.
There are only the 6 possibilities if your Bible God exists, each proving that he doesn't.

I've asked you to present one possibility that was not covered by those 6, so far nothing.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2521 Jan 9, 2013
JOZXYQK!

http://reddwarf.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cat
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cat word.
It's the noise a cat makes when it gets its genitals trapped.
-borrowed from Red Dwarf-
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2522 Jan 9, 2013
Transsexuals, abrahamic deities in disguise.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, it is Hebrew transmutation.

#2523 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, you have no words that you can prove are YHVH's in fact, the original copies are written in languages that you won't be able to read. That's quite an oversight for a "personal god".

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript....

#2524 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only the 6 possibilities if your Bible God exists, each proving that he doesn't.
I've asked you to present one possibility that was not covered by those 6, so far nothing.
You asked me for nothing, but I did provide one for you logic table (for a logic table to be a proof all possibilities must be presented not just negative ones) Here is no7 and no8:
7) YHVH Is exactly what He says He is in His Word (The Torah)

8) YHVH God of Israel personally wrote on stone tablets then dictated Moses the rest, as He chose to do as the creator od all.

No 8 is the truth of the event as I have pointed out to you on various occasions, if you have forgotten that too look back a few pages.

So once again you have dug your hole of utter ignorance that little bit deeper. Please do carry on.

#2525 Jan 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Transsexuals, abrahamic deities in disguise.
<quoted text>
Oh you sick minded little person, please carry on making such stupid statement as you look even dumber that you currently do.

#2526 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me for nothing, but I did provide one for you logic table (for a logic table to be a proof all possibilities must be presented not just negative ones) Here is no7 and no8:
7) YHVH Is exactly what He says He is in His Word (The Torah)
8) YHVH God of Israel personally wrote on stone tablets then dictated Moses the rest, as He chose to do as the creator od all.
No 8 is the truth of the event as I have pointed out to you on various occasions, if you have forgotten that too look back a few pages.
So once again you have dug your hole of utter ignorance that little bit deeper. Please do carry on.
For 7) You can't use "YHVH's words or actions" as proof of anything, because you have not proven any words are "YHVH's or that YHVH exists".

For 8) If this were true, then you would be able to produce these tablets, UNLESS YHVH couldn't forsee that they would be lost hidden or stolen and prevent it. Therefore, the lack of these tablets PROVES YHVH false and his word with it!!

You lose again!!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2527 Jan 9, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists hold belief in no god, and a Christian in having only one god. Both talk about a place outside reality doesn't it?
Seeing nothing doesn't prove there's nothing beyond the horizon. Seeing nothing doesn't also prove there is something beyond the horizon. So what's beyond? No god, a god, many gods? That might depend what you have faith in..
Since there isn't any evidence of any gods, why consider the possibility?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2528 Jan 9, 2013
Try that again using generally accepted English rules.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you sick minded little person, please carry on making such stupid statement as you look even dumber that you currently do.

#2529 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
For 7) You can't use "YHVH's words or actions" as proof of anything, because you have not proven any words are "YHVH's or that YHVH exists".
For 8) If this were true, then you would be able to produce these tablets, UNLESS YHVH couldn't forsee that they would be lost hidden or stolen and prevent it. Therefore, the lack of these tablets PROVES YHVH false and his word with it!!
So you claim to be able to prove inaction by lying and false logic and then claim I cannot use the opposite to prove logic you are wrong you are lying you loose EPIC FAIL
No 8 is true and yes they do exist so your logic fails once again.
EPIC FAIL ONCE AGAIN. I WIN as usual.

#2530 Jan 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there isn't any evidence of any gods, why consider the possibility?
If you are blind of the evidence you should open your eyes.

#2531 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim to be able to prove inaction by lying and false logic and then claim I cannot use the opposite to prove logic you are wrong you are lying you loose EPIC FAIL
No 8 is true and yes they do exist so your logic fails once again.
EPIC FAIL ONCE AGAIN. I WIN as usual.
No 7: is a fail because it is circular logic "YHVH exists because this book someone said he wrote says so".

No 8: is a fail because you can not prove these tablets exist, you can not produce them. Simply put, you are lying!

#2532 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are blind of the evidence you should open your eyes.
You have no evidence, only assertions.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#2533 Jan 9, 2013
Atheism is like "If I close my eyes nothing exists for me"!!

They call themselves Reasonable and Logical people, but they are the most illogical and unreasonable people on the face of this earth!!

To call oneself an Atheist in this Scientific age is like saying I will never leave my Kindergarten and study only in this school!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Eagle 12 233,050
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,599
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr thetruth 202
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 4 hr chris toal 39
Evidence for God! 5 hr thetruth 368
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 6 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 6 hr thetruth 162
More from around the web