Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2494 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your memory is as bad as your theology I already conclusively proved you wrong even your logic is completely flawed.
Sorry but you have been showed up once again
In other words, you can't even identify one single flaw in the argument. Why am I not surprised?

#2495 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not rule the realm of science. Lets let you lot have all the evolutionary facts you can hold. Seeing as there are none you leave the real world empty handed.
Evolution is the foundation for the vast majority of modern medical advance. That is a darned good start. I assume you have no use for any technology based on scientific theory right? So you'll be leaving all the internal combustion engines, electric power, communication systems and computers behind, right?

#2496 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to add no 7 to spur logic
7) YHVH did exactly as He said He would do on His word.
WHAT "word"? All we have is "copies" of fairy tales produced by man. YHVH left no words around.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2497 Jan 9, 2013
The words are us,and we are them.

Praise His name.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2498 Jan 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I see you are obfuscating desperately trying to frame atheism as a religion. We have only seen this 500 times a month from the unreasonable such as yourself. So again.
Atheism no matter how much you stomp your feet and build your strawman fallacy, is simply not believing in deities. All your other nonsense is discarded as strawman fallacy and rightfully ignored as such.
Again since god/s are unproven we have no reason to disprove them. Is it sinking in yet?
Now onto your unknowable realms argument, Yiu ignored when when I asked this because it wasn't covered in your how to debate an atheist website. So again where do we even get the notion of god/s? Where did the idea originate? Were your magical unseeable realm anything more than fanciful speculation how did the ancient people who gave us the concept of gods discover said realm? Either they had observable abilities beyond ours or they made it all up. Which do you think is more likely?
So yet again why should anyone accept god as anything more than the product of someone's imagination?
<quoted text>
I apologise if I am being unreasonable for not believing in what you do. Does that sound familiar? Since beginning this discussion I've learnt that each atheist is different, some more..I would say faithful but that might be a bad word,maybe your 'unbelief in deities' is firm, unshakable, quite admirable too I must say.
Does atheists have a monopoly on disproving, doubting other religions? To doubt is fine, to disprove also ok, to believe in something, or unbelieve. Unbelief by itself is not atheism, an unbelief in any god is atheism.
Is not atheism a conclusion? A conclusion that there is nothing beyond what eyes cannot see, anything beyond is imagination started by men, fanciful. My point lies in how does a person to get to this conclusion?
It's likely if you believe it is..jks. Yes I won't deny a possibility that it could be all made up. Is atheism not so different?
Do you feel angry when atheism is attacked? When your unbelief in gods is questioned? Wouldnt these feelings be similar to a religious man?
Can you tell me with absolute certainty that there is nothing after death? You may say its unlikely, than I can't disagree with you. But if you totally deny anything beyond just because you haven't seen proof of it, then that friend is no longer science but could just as much be a mere idea just like god.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2499 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then "not believing" in leprechauns = "believing" in no leprechauns.
I'm ok with that.
Lol I like it
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2500 Jan 9, 2013
Scrabble cheat. YHVH is not a word.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
7) YHVH did exactly as He said He would do on His word.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2501 Jan 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cat word.

It's the noise a cat makes when it gets its genitals trapped.

-borrowed from Red Dwarf-

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2502 Jan 9, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologise if I am being unreasonable for not believing in what you do. Does that sound familiar? Since beginning this discussion I've learnt that each atheist is different, some more..I would say faithful but that might be a bad word,maybe your 'unbelief in deities' is firm, unshakable, quite admirable too I must say.
Does atheists have a monopoly on disproving, doubting other religions? To doubt is fine, to disprove also ok, to believe in something, or unbelieve. Unbelief by itself is not atheism, an unbelief in any god is atheism.
Is not atheism a conclusion? A conclusion that there is nothing beyond what eyes cannot see, anything beyond is imagination started by men, fanciful. My point lies in how does a person to get to this conclusion?
It's likely if you believe it is..jks. Yes I won't deny a possibility that it could be all made up. Is atheism not so different?
Do you feel angry when atheism is attacked? When your unbelief in gods is questioned? Wouldnt these feelings be similar to a religious man?
Can you tell me with absolute certainty that there is nothing after death? You may say its unlikely, than I can't disagree with you. But if you totally deny anything beyond just because you haven't seen proof of it, then that friend is no longer science but could just as much be a mere idea just like god.
Which god do you believe in?

Why that one?

How did you reach the conclusion that all the other gods do not exist?

Yes, I know, you've been taught that your holy scripture is true and all the others are false. They all say that.

Does you lack of belief in Shiva define who you are? Why do you hate Shiva?

Beyond the reality of what is observable and measurable how does one know the difference between delusion and imagination? Am I to just take you word for it?

#2503 Jan 9, 2013
Jumper wrote:
The words are us,and we are them.
Praise His name.
You are nothing but a word?

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2504 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT "word"? All we have is "copies" of fairy tales produced by man. YHVH left no words around.
Beat you again, you don't even know the term "His word"

#2505 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you can't even identify one single flaw in the argument. Why am I not surprised?
Been there done that. You loose

#2506 Jan 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, it is Hebrew transmutation.

#2507 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that. You loose
Typical lying Christian tactic, don't address the facts, just declare victory and move on. Dumbazz!!
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2508 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a word?
Remember...With a word He spoke us into exsistaince.

(He could spell better than me too.)

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#2509 Jan 9, 2013
Boy oh boy you do babble a lot.

"inv e
I apologise if I am being unreasonable for not believing in what you do. Does that sound familiar?

Why would I care what you believe? All I am saying is show the observable evidence on how you got there. Fair enough?

Since beginning this discussion I've learnt that each atheist is different, some more..I would say faithful but that might be a bad word,maybe your 'unbelief in deities' is firm, unshakable, quite admirable too I must say.

Obfuscation, again show observable evidence for this unproven concept and we can go from there.

Does atheists have a monopoly on disproving, doubting other religions?

Perhaps you meant do atheists? Meaningless question regardless you are again trying to frame atheism as a religion because that's what you read on a how to debate an atheist site.

To doubt is fine, to disprove also ok, to believe in something, or unbelieve. Unbelief by itself is not atheism, an unbelief in any god is atheism.
Is not atheism a conclusion?

No it's not believing in unproven god/s nothing more regardless of how you try to obfuscate. I notice you refused to answer a single one of my questions. I guess that apologetic website didn't cover those eh?

A conclusion that there is nothing beyond what eyes cannot see, anything beyond is imagination started by men, fanciful. My point lies in how does a person to get to this conclusion?

Again how did man even come to the notion of god/s? Stop stalling, answer the question.

Is English your second language? Because that made no logical sense whatsoever.

Do you feel angry when atheism is attacked?

Nope.

When your unbelief in gods is questioned?

Nope I chuckle and ask the same questions that simple minded people like yourself refuse to answer.

Wouldnt these feelings be similar to a religious man?

Since the answer was no this question failed miserably. That is the risk you run by copy and pasting from a how to debate an atheist website. Sorry.

Can you tell me with absolute certainty that there is nothing after death?

Again where did the notion of life after death come from? Once we have that we can proceed. Stop stalling answer the question.

You may say its unlikely, than I can't disagree with you. But if you totally deny anything beyond just because you haven't seen proof of it, then that friend is no longer science but could just as much be a mere idea just like god.

Yes we have all seen this tired rehashed argument time and time again. Yet again I keep coming to this point which you keep avoiding, where did all of these notions about god/s life after death originate? If thy came from this unknown unseeable unobservable realm as you brayed on about earlier, how could ancient sheep kissers observe it but we can't? You either must be claiming that the sheep lickers of 6000 years ago were more advanced in their observation and comprehension of the world around them then we are or you have to admit they just made it up or were mistaken on something they thought they saw. Today we are light years past their understanding of the world, the human body, the moon and stars and as our knowledge grows we no longer have to rely on campfire stories to explain why grandpa got sick and died.

#2510 Jan 9, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Remember...With a word He spoke us into exsistaince.
He who? http://www.godchecker.com

and can you prove he exists?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2511 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical lying Christian tactic, don't address the facts, just declare victory and move on. Dumbazz!!
Pigeon chess at it's finest!

#2512 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have forgotten the discussion last time you posted that so called proof as I point out this morning your logic is flawed and you knowledge of UYHVH God of Israel is lacking. I won get over it.

#2513 Jan 9, 2013
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Remember...With a word He spoke us into exsistaince.
With His (YHVH God of Israel) word he spoke everything into existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 min Patrick n Angela 933
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Eagle 12 227,787
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 21 min Barbarian 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 25 min Dak-Original 22,385
Our world came from nothing? 43 min Patrick 485
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 1 hr Richardfs 3
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 1 hr KIND 345
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE