Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,450

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2472 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes atheism is a religion based on faith but they will never agree with you. You are 100% correct.
As an atheist, I am better qualified to say who and what an atheist is. You should stick with the imaginary, your field of expertise is that which does not exist, mine is that which does.
beaver

Australia

#2474 Jan 9, 2013
Send the atheists to there own state and religous people to there own state promblem solved, as these opposing groups cannot stand each other and are incompatible.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2475 Jan 9, 2013
beaver wrote:
Send the atheists to there own state and religous people to there own state promblem solved, as these opposing groups cannot stand each other and are incompatible.
Uhm, guess what? For those of us who reside stateside, we already are in our own states.

In your silly little fantasy, would the Hindus, the Muslims and the Zombies, have their own state, or would they get lumped in with the Christains, because they too believe?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2476 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
My list was a list of those who were home schooled you choose to include university and college education in that which is not included under the home schooled banner now or yesterday. You claimed that no scientist or mathematician were home schooled I posted a very long list that proved you wrong.
Go ahead and blame me for your lack of research. I think it shows a side of you which you might not like people to see, but it's your option.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2477 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
My list was a list of those who were home schooled you choose to include university and college education in that which is not included under the home schooled banner now or yesterday. You claimed that no scientist or mathematician were home schooled I posted a very long list that proved you wrong.
By the way, your list included some who were not home schooled at all. You still didn't do the research. You took someone else's word for something without checking to make sure it was correct.

I still don't think you were being purposefully dishonest when you copied that list.

I do think you're being dishonest now.
This Made Me Laugh

Mississauga, Canada

#2478 Jan 9, 2013
"Why Atheism Will Replace Religion"

"Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious."

Atheism: the rejection of belief in the existence of deities

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2479 Jan 9, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>As an atheist, I am better qualified to say who and what an atheist is. You should stick with the imaginary, your field of expertise is that which does not exist, mine is that which does.
You make that wild and wacky claim so often, yet you fail to produce any verifiable evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution. I am starting to think that you actually don't believe it yourself.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2480 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You make that wild and wacky claim so often, yet you fail to produce any verifiable evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution. I am starting to think that you actually don't believe it yourself.
1. Again, atheism is NOT based on the biological theory of evolution.

2. No matter how imperfect you or anybody else thinks this model is, it's the ONLY tool we have. It would be exceedingly stupid for biologist to not use the only tool we have that produces ANY testable predictions about biology.

#2481 Jan 9, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Again, atheism is NOT based on the biological theory of evolution.
2. No matter how imperfect you or anybody else thinks this model is, it's the ONLY tool we have. It would be exceedingly stupid for biologist to not use the only tool we have that produces ANY testable predictions about biology.
1) I never said it was but they do walk hand in hand.

1) The foundations and many modern branches of biology were and are based with creation in mind, why would and real science need the myth (lie) of evolution.

#2482 Jan 9, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, your list included some who were not home schooled at all. You still didn't do the research. You took someone else's word for something without checking to make sure it was correct.
I still don't think you were being purposefully dishonest when you copied that list.
I do think you're being dishonest now.
They all received home schooling of some kind st the highschool or higher level.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2483 Jan 9, 2013
I said - "atheism is NOT based on the biological theory of evolution."

To which you replied --
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I never said it was but they do walk hand in hand.
No, they don't. Atheistic thought has existed far longer than any understanding of modern biology.

Bearing false witness about atheism does not change a thing.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2484 Jan 9, 2013
I said that no matter how imperfect you or anybody else thinks this model is, it's the ONLY tool we have that produces ANY testable predictions about biology.

To which you replied --
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The foundations and many modern branches of biology were and are based with creation in mind, why would and real science need the myth (lie) of evolution.
So please enlighten us -- what testable predictions about the mechanisms of biology are available that do not rely on the biological theory of evolution?

Just name 1 and cite the independent verifications that have been accomplished.

Just 1.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2486 Jan 9, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. You're welcome to your own belief, why look to disprove others, what is there to gain?
Truth!

#2487 Jan 9, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I come form we have a saying and it fits right now HEA RIGHT.
The only thing you have derailed is your own argument if you believe other wise I challenge you to prove it.
Which part did you say you've disproved??

Let's start with the "Facts" your Bible Claims;
1. God is omnipotent
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipresent
4. God has a message for all people.

That's what your bible claims right?

OK, so why couldn't your God write down this message himself or otherwise leave a message where all can find it?
There are only a few possibilities to consider;

1. He didn't know how.=> He's not God.
2. He wasn't powerful enough.=> He's not God.
3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
5. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.

There, ONCE AGAIN!! Solid Proof the God described in the Bible does not exist.

#2488 Jan 9, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.. Not believing in deities = believing in no deities. Makes no sense you say, then maybe when it does make sense you might realise in the metaphysical world it is as senselessly abstract as a realm beyond what's empirical, ones guess is just as good as another's.
Are you so absolutely sure there is no god? If ignoring other possibilities may be called faith. Though a zealous atheist may not like using such words as belief or faith, I think you still require faith to believe there is no god, in whatever realm there is. Last time I checked I heard science wasn't a religion, is atheism science's religion? Is atheism science? Atheism = science? I'm sorry I don't think so.
I don't think we should ignore science, I just am of opinion that maybe Atheism isn't so different from every other religion. As I mentioned earlier some Christians don't believe themselves religious, but faith to a supreme being beyond. An atheist, by doubting everything, refuses to believe anything beyond the empirical. Both would really hate being grouped in something called religion.
Maybe my opinion might change.
I'm sorry if I've upset your belief, disbelief or whatever it is. If your belief in no deities, is unwavering, unquestionable, then that sounds a little like faith to me.
So then "not believing" in leprechauns = "believing" in no leprechauns.

I'm ok with that.

#2489 Jan 9, 2013
beaver wrote:
I would be ok with that ... I assume the religious folk would only take religion produced technology with them and leave science produced technology with the atheists.

#2490 Jan 9, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
I said - "atheism is NOT based on the biological theory of evolution."
To which you replied --
<quoted text>
No, they don't. Atheistic thought has existed far longer than any understanding of modern biology.
Bearing false witness about atheism does not change a thing.
Wow you really like to twist the point don't you. It matters not that one has been around for longer than the other in modern times they walk hand on hand no doubt about it.

#2491 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
1. God is omnipotent
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipresent
OK, so why couldn't your God write down this message himself or otherwise leave a message where all can find it?
3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
5. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.
I guess your memory is as bad as your theology I already conclusively proved you wrong even your logic is completely flawed.

Sorry but you have been showed up once again

#2492 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be ok with that ... I assume the religious folk would only take religion produced technology with them and leave science produced technology with the atheists.
Atheists do not rule the realm of science. Lets let you lot have all the evolutionary facts you can hold. Seeing as there are none you leave the real world empty handed.

#2493 Jan 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
1. God is omnipotent
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipresent
I meant to add no 7 to spur logic

7) YHVH did exactly as He said He would do on His word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Aura Mytha 231,958
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 48 min Morse 1,034
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr Morse 27
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 7 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 20 hr Gillette 5,946
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE