Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2432 Jan 8, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol another religion may disprove no god too, using its own doctrines. Disproving another doesn't necessarily means proving mine, does it?
If your God is the Abrahamic God, that one is easily disproven.

#2433 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that they did not evolve they adapted (like you getting a sun tan your skin adapts it does not evolve). Adaptation is a design feature, not evolution>
You really are a dumbazz, aren't you? Dumbazz!!

Their "adaptations" also have nothing to do with how they prove evolution.

Maybe you should try moving your lips while you read this time, maybe it will help.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2434 Jan 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as though you have already tried and I have already disproved your pathetic attempt do you have anything else. Please try again I look forward to showing you up again.

#2435 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as though you have already tried and I have already disproved your pathetic attempt do you have anything else. Please try again I look forward to showing you up again.
I've derailed all of your objections, you disproved nothing.

#2436 Jan 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a dumbazz, aren't you? Dumbazz!!
Their "adaptations" also have nothing to do with how they prove evolution.
Maybe you should try moving your lips while you read this time, maybe it will help.
Ok Insults aside show how other than their inbuilt ability to adapt how do they prove the myth (lie) of evolution. Give it your best shot.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2437 Jan 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. You're welcome to your own belief, why look to disprove others, what is there to gain?

#2438 Jan 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I've derailed all of your objections, you disproved nothing.
Where I come form we have a saying and it fits right now HEA RIGHT.

The only thing you have derailed is your own argument if you believe other wise I challenge you to prove it.

#2439 Jan 8, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. You're welcome to your own belief, why look to disprove others, what is there to gain?
A friendly warning.

Don't play into their hands they twist every post to suit their own agenda

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2440 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You lies are not facts no matter how hard you try. So you know what it means Home schooled does not mean no university or college. Perhaps you just don't know anything at all.
Home-Schooled means HOME schooled. Home schooled with a college degree is another whole bucket of fish. When one says home-schooled in this day and age, it indicates that is all the schooling one has had.

Why do you now want to be ugly? I have not been ugly to you. All I have done is give accurate information on some of the people on your list.

Maybe you should have made it clear what you understood home schooling to be.

#2441 Jan 8, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Home-Schooled means HOME schooled. Home schooled with a college degree is another whole bucket of fish. When one says home-schooled in this day and age, it indicates that is all the schooling one has had.
Why do you now want to be ugly? I have not been ugly to you. All I have done is give accurate information on some of the people on your list.
Maybe you should have made it clear what you understood home schooling to be.
My list was a list of those who were home schooled you choose to include university and college education in that which is not included under the home schooled banner now or yesterday. You claimed that no scientist or mathematician were home schooled I posted a very long list that proved you wrong.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#2442 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you remain in ignorance concerning creation YHVH the God of Israel, yet you continue to post your myth and fabrications. Pity END OF STORY
God created stuff for 6 days, wore himself out (?) and then took a day off. Did I leave out anything?

#2443 Jan 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
God created stuff for 6 days, wore himself out (?) and then took a day off. Did I leave out anything?
Yes you did, it goes like this "and God made RHill and removed his brain, then said that will do I have just made an evolutionist for my people to laugh at. And God looked and said that good"

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#2444 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes facts require understanding not faith, faith is a belief in the unseen.
No the belief in the myth of evolution is the blah, blah, blah
Then you fail to understand.....obviously.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#2445 Jan 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people who brag about a triple digit IQ actually have a double digit IQ, it makes them feel better.
I would also guess that the double digits would match up with a comfortable room temperature;0)

#2446 Jan 8, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you fail to understand.....obviously.
What do I fail to understand, what a fact is or what faith is?

#2447 Jan 8, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I would also guess that the double digits would match up with a comfortable room temperature;0)
I always knew you worshipers at the foot of Baal could not handle the truth, much like you love for the myth (lie) of evolution.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#2448 Jan 8, 2013
inv e wrote:
Isn't atheism a religion too? A faith in no god. Doctrines that there is no god or supreme beings outside electric signals interpreted by the brain. Limited to each persons reality their senses show them, refusing possibilities of anything more..that kind of sounds like faith to me..
We can use science as a ruler to measure what is valid or plausible but it's a ruler you cant take past what senses can't sense, so a leap of faith is needed, god or no god? What do you believe in?
No, atheism means without belief in a god, a lack of belief you might say. There is no atheistic doctrine and wherever you're going with electric signals makes no sense whatsoever. No faith required.

We also use science....period. We do not speculate about the use of magic by invisible, untouchable, unverifiable supernatural forces.

I, personally, believe in facts. The rainbow cannot be verified as a promise made by a god....that's a simple myth. The rainbow can be empirically proven to be a refraction of light. Either way it's still as beautiful.

Do you have a better understanding now?

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2449 Jan 8, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheism means without belief in a god, a lack of belief you might say. There is no atheistic doctrine and wherever you're going with electric signals makes no sense whatsoever. No faith required.
We also use science....period. We do not speculate about the use of magic by invisible, untouchable, unverifiable supernatural forces.
I, personally, believe in facts. The rainbow cannot be verified as a promise made by a god....that's a simple myth. The rainbow can be empirically proven to be a refraction of light. Either way it's still as beautiful.
Do you have a better understanding now?
Isn't atheism a doctrine that believes in no god? Perhaps a lack of belief in a god, but still a belief in no god. Lol once you get the whole electric signal thing you might understand the limits of reality as far as the senses can go.
It's good you believe in facts, as I do, yes a rainbow is beautiful. It may be as you say a refraction of light in droplets in the sky, that's fine. But to go from that to use it in your doctrines as proof of no god I think requires an element of faith.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#2450 Jan 8, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism I think also shares this abstract realm. Some Christians don't believe in religion either, only in their god. Perhaps maybe with Atheism that realm is occupied by no god instead of one. Evolution is only a theory in Science not cold hard undisputable truth. Evolution can be part of an Atheists doctrine, it's not for others to deny them. Atheists too can be as zealous in their beliefs as much as some in other religions.
In my humble opinion, atheism occupies the physical realm. That which can be seen, touched, smelled, heard or tasted is verifiably real. Belief, with or without organized religion occupies the so called sixth sense's realm.

Evolution is a scientific posit (with proof, I can hold a fossil in my hand) which really has nothing to do with any belief or philosophy of any kind. It does happen to upset some preconceived religious notions, but it makes no attempt to prove or disprove a god.

Since there is no atheistic doctrine that I know of, Evolution cannot be a part of it. There are many atheists and many different opinions. Since we do not gather there is no central core, atheists simply lack belief in a deity. Other than that, any other shared viewpoints are coincidental.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#2451 Jan 8, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists hold belief in no god, and a Christian in having only one god. Both talk about a place outside reality doesn't it? Seeing nothing doesn't prove there's nothing beyond the horizon. Seeing nothing doesn't also prove there is something beyond the horizon. So what's beyond? No god, a god, many gods? That might depend what you have faith in..
Why would I think there is nothing beyond the horizon? I am not a flat earther. It has been my consistant experience that whenever I drive my Jeep that I always move forward....the horizon doesn't stop at the next hill or the next valley. It has also been my consistant experience that the sun dispels the darkness every morning. That is cold, hard fact.

Gods are NOT cold, hard facts. It doesn't take faith or belief of any kind to discount a god.....there is no evidence and never has been. I also lack belief in Thor, Zeus, Isis and Puff The Magic Dragon....same as your god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 227,527
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 1 hr Patrick 758
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 hr TheHeadlines 89
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr TheHeadlines 22,214
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr TheHeadlines 75
Stump a theist with 2 questions 2 hr TheHeadlines 58
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 2 hr TheHeadlines 4,093
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE