Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
2,261 - 2,280 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ... let's try a different tact. How do YOU think Earth's biodiversity came about? Magic? You are content to leave it at that? "Our work"? You call yourself a scientist? LOL
Why would you laugh if I need to get on with my work and not be bothered by your Myth (lie) of evolution?
You should learn how to construct an argument in the English language You cannot answer your own question unless it is a hypothetical question, if so then you are suggesting an answer without actually wanting one (Magic?) I will however presume that you actually wanted to ask that question and I will ignore your attempt to diver it. May I suggest you read Genesis Ch1 in the Torah, if you can read it in Hebrew all the better if not then English will do.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fundie Christian.
Next.
Wrong again, would you like another go at guessing, like you need to do with your myth (lie) of evolutions.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism requires faith to believe there is no God or can you prove it?
Evolution requires even more faith, it may describe but does not prove, or can you prove it?
What you claim is not your belief means you must know; How do you know? Where is the evidence? When will you post it?
Does it require faith not to believe in Thor?
I can prove your god does not exist.
If he did exist, there would be evidence for his existence. But there is none.
There is plenty of evidence for evolution, take a biology class, then come back to talk about the subject.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
And no god can not be proven too, you might have forgotten to mention that too
The word "disprove" is beyond your comprehension?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism I think also shares this abstract realm. Some Christians don't believe in religion either, only in their god.
But their belief in their god IS religion. Why the word game?
inv e wrote:
Perhaps maybe with Atheism that realm is occupied by no god instead of one. Evolution is only a theory in Science not cold hard undisputable truth. Evolution can be part of an Atheists doctrine, it's not for others to deny them. Atheists too can be as zealous in their beliefs as much as some in other religions.
Atheism isn't a religion. No matter how often fundies say it is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still waiting for the so called proof for the myth (lie) of evolution, you and many others have made the claim; "Evolution can be proven" but you never produce the proof. PLEASE DO>
I have often provided links that list the 29 different ways to prove evolution and here it is again!! http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

I can post this link as often as you can ask your stupid question so keep it up dumbazz.

Oh, and just in case you are too stupid to operate a link and read the webpage ... here's one proof; endogenous retroviruses.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, would you like another go at guessing, like you need to do with your myth (lie) of evolutions.
You posted that Jesus is the savior, and that the division between OT and NT is man made.
You believe the buy-bull is literally true.
Fundie Xian.
Next.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it require faith not to believe in Thor?
I can prove your god does not exist.
If he did exist, there would be evidence for his existence. But there is none.
There is plenty of evidence for evolution, take a biology class, then come back to talk about the subject.
If one does not know that Thor does not exist then yes it requires faith,.

Prove YHVH God of Israel does not exist many have tried and many have failed, much like the lack of proof for the Myth (lie) of evolution.

I have already discussed biology classes (see post 2380) but for your help here it is again (If I took yet another biology class all they would try to indoctrinate me, like they did the rest of you. They would not teach fact because they have none to teach they will however try to indoctrinate me with the myth of evolution.)

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism requires faith to believe there is no God or can you prove it?
Evolution requires even more faith, it may describe but does not prove, or can you prove it?
What you claim is not your belief means you must know; How do you know? Where is the evidence? When will you post it?
Not playing little word games with you Colin the Barbarian ... er Zionist. Why would I "claim" something doesn't exist? If the body of scientific evidence has failed to convince you, what could I possibly type in here that would? You, on the other hand, have made quite an incredible claim and offered no evidence whatsoever. God himself has convinced me of his non-existence by 60 years of not observing him have any effect on the human condition. The accumulated evidence for Evolution would sink a battleship, the evidence for a god would not cover the period at the end of this sentence.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "disprove" is beyond your comprehension?
Lol another religion may disprove no god too, using its own doctrines. Disproving another doesn't necessarily means proving mine, does it?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove YHVH God of Israel does not exist many have tried and many have failed, much like the lack of proof for the Myth (lie) of evolution.
I have already discussed biology classes (see post 2380) but for your help here it is again (If I took yet another biology class all they would try to indoctrinate me, like they did the rest of you. They would not teach fact because they have none to teach they will however try to indoctrinate me with the myth of evolution.)
If one does not know that YHVH God of Israel does not exist then yes it requires faith,.

See how that (doesn't) work?

Try again!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What about any god other anybody just makes up?
Colin The Zionist wrote:
There is no evidence of his existence, and if he did exist, there would be.
Next already.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
So you don't have an argument against the evidence for evolution.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you laugh if I need to get on with my work and not be bothered by your Myth (lie) of evolution?
You should learn how to construct an argument in the English language You cannot answer your own question unless it is a hypothetical question, if so then you are suggesting an answer without actually wanting one (Magic?) I will however presume that you actually wanted to ask that question and I will ignore your attempt to diver it. May I suggest you read Genesis Ch1 in the Torah, if you can read it in Hebrew all the better if not then English will do.
No thanks. I won't be reading any Torahs, Qurans, bibles or that weird book some Hairy Kristna guy gave me back in the hippy days. But yeah, there's either the scientific explanation or god-did-it one and you pick the god-did-it one (same as magic). End of story.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But their belief in their god IS religion. Why the word game?
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion. No matter how often fundies say it is.
Atheists hold belief in no god, and a Christian in having only one god. Both talk about a place outside reality doesn't it? Seeing nothing doesn't prove there's nothing beyond the horizon. Seeing nothing doesn't also prove there is something beyond the horizon. So what's beyond? No god, a god, many gods? That might depend what you have faith in..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have often provided links that list the 29 different ways to prove evolution and here it is again!!
You can post that link as often as you want it will remain just that a link and a link to material that proves nothing in the real world, you need to be reading that information form a preconceive notion to think it proves the myth (lie) of evolution.
Ok so now I have had a look at your so called evidence however all I see is a lot of created some extinct, cellular life forms and even more speculation.

The opening line “Universal common descent is the hypothesis….” Now what is a “hypothesis” according to wikipeaid (I don’t often quote this site but here it is) A hypothesis (from Ancient Greek &#8017;&#960;&#972 ;&#952;&#949;&#963 ;&#953;&#962;, from Greek &#8017;&#960;&#959 ;&#964;&#953;&#952 ;&#941;&#957;&#945 ;&#953; – hypotithenai meaning "to put under" or "to suppose,"[1] plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories. Even though the words "hypothesis" and "theory" are often used synonymously, a scientific hypothesis is not the same as a scientific theory. A scientific hypothesis is a proposed explanation of a phenomenon which still have to be rigorously tested. In contrast, a scientific theory has undergone extensive testing and is generally accepted to be the accurate explanation behind an observation.[2] A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.
I just love this line “The worldwide scientific research community from over the past 150 years has discovered that no known hypothesis other than universal common descent can account scientifically for the unity, diversity, and patterns of terrestrial life” I guess they forgot to ask the creator and everyone except their circle of evolutionists friend.
How about this line “what is meant by scientific evidence and scientific proof? In truth, science can never establish 'truth' or 'fact' so he agrees with me evolution is not fact it is a myth, a lie merely fantasy.
And this one is just great “What is the scientific method”
1. Make observations.
2. Form a testable, unifying hypothesis to explain these observations.
3. Deduce predictions from the hypothesis.
4. Search for confirmations of the predictions;
if the predictions are contradicted by empirical observation, go back to step (2).
So this for of science i.e. the myth of evolution is just that a myth.
I like the “Closing remarks” it is typical of how the supporters of the Myth (lie) of evolutions work, they start off a document with things like “we think”,“we believe” or in this case “is the hypothesis” then they end with the word fact somewhere along the line the hypothesis has turned to fact wow that takes faith.

You’re your so called proof is nothing more than supposition at it biggest, by the way did you actually read that document,
Your "endogenous retroviruses" have not evolved they have used their design inbuilt ability to adapt that is all plain and simple.
Ok now that you have failed in your link attempt try something else.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. I won't be reading any Torah, Bibles ..........
So you remain in ignorance concerning creation YHVH the God of Israel, yet you continue to post your myth and fabrications. Pity END OF STORY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You can post that link as often as you want it will remain just that a link and a link to material that proves nothing in the real world, you need to be reading that information form a preconceive notion to think it proves the myth (lie) of evolution.
Ok so now I have had a look at your so called evidence however all I see is a lot of created some extinct, cellular life forms and even more speculation.
The opening line “Universal common descent is the hypothesis….” Now what is a “hypothesis” according to wikipeaid (I don’t often quote this site but here it is) A hypothesis (from Ancient Greek &#8017;&#960;&#972 ;&#952;&#949;&#963 ;&#953;&#962;, from Greek &#8017;&#960;&#959 ;&#964;&#953;&#952 ;&#941;&#957;&#945 ;&#953; – hypotithenai meaning "to put under" or "to suppose,"[1] plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories. Even though the words "hypothesis" and "theory" are often used synonymously, a scientific hypothesis is not the same as a scientific theory. A scientific hypothesis is a proposed explanation of a phenomenon which still have to be rigorously tested. In contrast, a scientific theory has undergone extensive testing and is generally accepted to be the accurate explanation behind an observation.[2] A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.
I just love this line “The worldwide scientific research community from over the past 150 years has discovered that no known hypothesis other than universal common descent can account scientifically for the unity, diversity, and patterns of terrestrial life” I guess they forgot to ask the creator and everyone except their circle of evolutionists friend.
How about this line “what is meant by scientific evidence and scientific proof? In truth, science can never establish 'truth' or 'fact' so he agrees with me evolution is not fact it is a myth, a lie merely fantasy.
And this one is just great “What is the scientific method”
1. Make observations.
2. Form a testable, unifying hypothesis to explain these observations.
3. Deduce predictions from the hypothesis.
4. Search for confirmations of the predictions;
if the predictions are contradicted by empirical observation, go back to step (2).
So this for of science i.e. the myth of evolution is just that a myth.
I like the “Closing remarks” it is typical of how the supporters of the Myth (lie) of evolutions work, they start off a document with things like “we think”,“we believe” or in this case “is the hypothesis” then they end with the word fact somewhere along the line the hypothesis has turned to fact wow that takes faith.
You’re your so called proof is nothing more than supposition at it biggest, by the way did you actually read that document,
Your "endogenous retroviruses" have not evolved they have used their design inbuilt ability to adapt that is all plain and simple.
Ok now that you have failed in your link attempt try something else.
I am satisfied that you have proven your inability to read with comprehension beyond a shadow of a doubt. Whether or how endogenous retroviruses evolved is not the point nor how they prove evolution.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

So you don't have an argument against the evidence for evolution.
What evidence I am still waiting to see it, I mean real evidence not hypothesis, speculation or made up rubbish. Real evidence the will conclusively prove evolution.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have often provided links that list the 29 different ways to prove evolution and here it is again!! http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
I must say it is a good paper well researched and written but it does not conclusively prove the myth (lie) of evolution.

But it is a good read non the less.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I am satisfied that you have proven your inability to read with comprehension beyond a shadow of a doubt. Whether or how endogenous retroviruses evolved is not the point nor how they prove evolution.
The point is that they did not evolve they adapted (like you getting a sun tan your skin adapts it does not evolve). Adaptation is a design feature, not evolution>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 min religionislies 206
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Catcher1 224,138
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Buck Crick 21,387
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 6 hr DonPanic 1,286
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 9 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 9 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 23 hr religionisillness 834
•••
•••