Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2390 Jan 8, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you for the name of a scientist, physicist, mathmetician.
I guess you chose to ignore the next 4 posts I made, just typical.

#2391 Jan 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Gary Coleman, I presume?
<quoted text>
No we were discussing the myth of evolution. You really need to get a grip you are surely loosing it.

#2392 Jan 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I don't need anyone's permission to be an Atheist, but thank you for separating Evolution from "what happened in the beginning".
<quoted text>
Funny that cosmic evolution is what you religion happened at the beginning, perhaps you forgot that line or should I say lie.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2393 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Presidents
• John Adams
• John Quincy Adams
• Grover Cleveland
• James Garfield
• William Henry Harrison
• Andrew Jackson
• Thomas Jefferson
• Abraham Lincoln
• James Madison
• Franklin Delano Roosevelt
• Theodore Roosevelt
• John Tyler
• George Washington
• Woodrow Wilson
Statesmen
• Konrad Adenauer
• Henry Fountain Ashurst
• William Jennings Bryan
• Winston Churchill
• Henry Clay
• Pierre du Pont
• Benjamin Franklin
• Alexander Hamilton
• Patrick Henry
• William Penn
• Daniel Webster
Military Leaders
• Alexander the Great - Greek Ruler
• John Barry - Senior Navy Officer
• Stonewall Jackson - Civil War General
• John Paul Jones - Father of the American Navy
• Robert E. Lee - Civil War General
• Douglas MacArthur - U.S. General
• George Patton - U.S. General
• Matthew Perry - naval officer who opened up trade with Japan
• John Pershing - U.S. General
• David Dixon Porter - Civil War Admiral
U.S. Supreme Court Judges
• John Jay
• John Marshall
• John Rutledge
• Sandra Day O'Connor
Scientists
• George Washington Carver
• Pierre Curie
• Albert Einstein
• Michael Faraday - electrochemist
• Oliver Heaviside - physicist and electromagnetism researcher
• T.H. Huxley
• Blaise Pascal
• Booker T. Washington
• Erik Demaine - Popular Science Mag: One of the Most Brilliant Scientists in America
Scientists
• George Washington Carver 1864-1943- Went to a black public school in Diamond, MO ten miles from his home as blacks were not allowed to attend white schools. Rented a room from the head of the school. Not home schooled.

• Pierre Curie Not American- 1859-1906 Taught by his father Dr Eugene` Curie and earned a degree in math at age 16, a degree in the equivalent of a higher degree at age 18. He earned a doctorate later in life but the place from where he obtained it is not known.

• Albert Einstein 1879-1955 Attended a Catholic elementary school age 5 to 8, transferred to Luitpold Gymnasium for a primary and secondary education, left at age 15; attended Swiss Federal Polytechnic in Zurich (later the Eidgenössische Polytechnische Schule) but failed several subjects while getting excellent grades in physics and mathematics. Not American born nor home-schooled.

• Michael Faraday - electrochemist 1791-1867 Had a minimal basic school education and was thereafter self-educated. The history of his education by reading books on physics and chemistry is one of the most interesting and encouraging anyone could ever read. Not an American.

• Oliver Heaviside - physicist and electromagnetism researcher 1850-1925 Not an American. Attended school in Camden Town near London until age 16, then studied electromagnetism and telegraphy. Not home-schooled.

• T.H. Huxley 1825-1895 Not an American. Attended the school where his father taught until it closed when he was 10. Learned German, Greek and Latin by himself. With only two years of formal education, he earned enough Latin and German to be used by Charles Darwin to translate scientific material into German. Brilliant!

• Blaise Pascal 1623-1662 Not an American. Educated by his father who was himself well-educated and a Dr.

• Booker T. Washington 1856-1915 An African-American born into slavery. Worked his way through Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute before going to college at Wayland Seminary (now VA Union University). Not home schooled.

• Erik Demaine - Popular Science Mag: One of the Most Brilliant Scientists in America Not born in or schooled in America. Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, entered Dalhousie University in Canada at age 12, obtained his batchelors degree at age 14 and his PhD at 20. Not home-schooled.

Maybe you should have done some research on your lists before posting them. Someone always will do so when you present a list saying that all these people were home-schooled. Some of the names on the first list were so recognizable and known to have attended college.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2394 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Famous Homeschool Parents
Will Smith - singer, actor
• Michael Card - singer, songwriter
• Mike Farris - lawyer and co-founder of Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
• Robert Frost - Pulitzer Prize-winning poet
• Christopher Klicka - attorney and Senior Counsel of Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
• Len Munsil - attorney and President of The Center for Arizona Policy (CAP)
• Paul Overstreet - musician, songwriter
• Kelly Preston - actress, wife of John Travolta
• Mike Smith - lawyer and co-founder of Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
• John Travolta - actor, pilot
• Lisa Whelchel - former actress, "The Facts of Life", now a pastor's wife and author
• Darrell Waltrip - NASCAR Racer
No sense spending time doing research to prove that your lists are incorrect. I've already done that on a good many. Maybe by this you have learned something-to do your own research before copying someone else's list. Not everyone is honest, Colin. Therefore you have to be diligent in your checking their assertions.

I don't think this was dishonesty on your part. I think you just were too trusting of the site from where you copied the names. A site which, by the way, you did not cite or give credit.

#2395 Jan 8, 2013
startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists
•Maybe you should have done some research on your lists before posting them. Someone always will do so when you present a list saying that all these people were home-schooled. Some of the names on the first list were so recognizable and known to have attended college.
You lies are not facts no matter how hard you try. So you know what it means Home schooled does not mean no university or college. Perhaps you just don't know anything at all.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#2396 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lot of trash you type, you don’t even post a logical argument. Why would I say YHVH God of Israel used evolution, that would be a lie and bring YHVH to your level of utter ignorance, which He could never do.
How dare you suggest you understand the mechanisms YAHWEH (or whatever his name is) uses to work his magic? Say "I don't know" or say "he's uses evolution" and then simply move on. What possible difference would it make to you or your "faith"? You are an imp of the new Satan and his name is ignorance.

There's libraries, museums and research halls filled with evidence for Evolution. I'll not be stooping to your scissor and paste child's play. You need to 'man up' and admit you don't have a clue. You reject science's explanation and can't understand God's techniques. Where does that leave you? In fact, by belittling Mankind's best efforts to understand his place in the Universe you imagine yourself in some privileged relationship with YAHWEH, Creator of Worlds and thus feed your own bloated ego. You people simply cannot take the fact that you are an insignificant member of an insignificant species on an insignificant planet in an insignificant galaxy that's part of an insignificant Universe floating around in an endless Multiverse of boundless time & space.

Yeah, the creator of all that cares what "Colin the Zionist" thinks. LOL. Hey, I got some property in Florida if you're interested.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2397 Jan 8, 2013
Try that again using generally accepted English rules.

If you can.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that cosmic evolution is what you religion happened at the beginning, perhaps you forgot that line or should I say lie.

#2398 Jan 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you suggest you understand the mechanisms ………………….
Yeah, the creator of all that cares what "Colin the Zionist" thinks. LOL. Hey, I got some property in Florida if you're interested.
How dare I suggest that YHVH God of Israel did not use evolution to create with, what a croc. I do understand what YHVH God of Israel says in his word I so know with 100% certainty that He did not use evolution .

I do not reject real science, I do however reject your assertion that there is evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution, there are no “libraries, museums and research halls filled with evidence for Evolution” there are libraries, museums and research halls filled with guess work and speculation about the myth of evolution. Paid for by the tax dollars of people worldwide while the “insignificant species” called evolutionary scientists and the “insignificant members” of their many classes dig holes so they can keep up the deception that they are actually contributing to the world. Ignorance believes that the myth (lie) of evolution is actually true.

I have now asked 135 times for anyone to post the evidence that 100% proves evolution is fact, but no you lot just beat around the bush. If you have evidence post it here, if you are an evolutionary scientist I challenge to write a paper and get it published that proves evolution. GO ON DO IT you will be the first and the last, you will be fired from your job if you have one in that field. You want to know why, because the funding will all dry up and the rest of your religious brothers and sisters will all be out of a job leaving the real scientists to do our work on what really counts.

#2400 Jan 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Try that again using generally accepted English rules.
If you can.
<quoted text>
What have you forgotten how to read again.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2401 Jan 8, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I think atheists just like other religions sometimes tend to bend science toward it's own ideology. We can exchange proofs but that's not the point I'm trying to make.
Evolution, if true, doesn't automatically imply no God, it may conflict with some people's belief in creation, but you must take evolution past science to say it proves something just as abstract as god, no god.
I think people can believe what they like though, so I don't mind atheism.
Evolution can be proven.
God can not be proven.
Leprechauns can not be proven.

Yes, that does not disprove God. It also does not disprove Leprechauns.

Texas, USA

#2402 Jan 8, 2013
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I think atheists just like other religions sometimes tend to bend science toward it's own ideology. We can exchange proofs but that's not the point I'm trying to make.
Evolution, if true, doesn't automatically imply no God, it may conflict with some people's belief in creation, but you must take evolution past science to say it proves something just as abstract as god, no god.
I think people can believe what they like though, so I don't mind atheism.
Atheism is not a religion and evolution is not a gospel or something. Evolution describes how Earth's DNA used biological diversity to survive for 4.5 billion years. That is not my 'belief', it did not come to me after ingesting mushrooms or in a fever induced hallucination. I did not read it on a piece of toast, see it on a screen door or have it whispered in my ear by my Guardian Angel. That is the realm of religious revelation and you are welcome to it.

Texas, USA

#2403 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare I suggest that YHVH God of Israel did not use evolution to create with, what a croc. I do understand what YHVH God of Israel says in his word I so know with 100% certainty that He did not use evolution .
I do not reject real science, I do however reject your assertion that there is evidence for the myth (lie) of evolution, there are no “libraries, museums and research halls filled with evidence for Evolution” there are libraries, museums and research halls filled with guess work and speculation about the myth of evolution. Paid for by the tax dollars of people worldwide while the “insignificant species” called evolutionary scientists and the “insignificant members” of their many classes dig holes so they can keep up the deception that they are actually contributing to the world. Ignorance believes that the myth (lie) of evolution is actually true.
I have now asked 135 times for anyone to post the evidence that 100% proves evolution is fact, but no you lot just beat around the bush. If you have evidence post it here, if you are an evolutionary scientist I challenge to write a paper and get it published that proves evolution. GO ON DO IT you will be the first and the last, you will be fired from your job if you have one in that field. You want to know why, because the funding will all dry up and the rest of your religious brothers and sisters will all be out of a job leaving the real scientists to do our work on what really counts.
Okay ... let's try a different tact. How do YOU think Earth's biodiversity came about? Magic? You are content to leave it at that? "Our work"? You call yourself a scientist? LOL

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2404 Jan 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution can be proven.
God can not be proven.
And no god can not be proven too, you might have forgotten to mention that too
Yes

Aldrich, MO

#2405 Jan 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion and evolution is not a gospel or something. Evolution describes how Earth's DNA used biological diversity to survive for 4.5 billion years. That is not my 'belief', it did not come to me after ingesting mushrooms or in a fever induced hallucination. I did not read it on a piece of toast, see it on a screen door or have it whispered in my ear by my Guardian Angel. That is the realm of religious revelation and you are welcome to it.
Evolution and atheism are both religions based on the opposite of the Word of The Living God. In other words Satanic in origin. Worshipping at the altar of utter ignorance.

#2406 Jan 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution can be proven.
God can not be proven.
We are still waiting for the so called proof for the myth (lie) of evolution, you and many others have made the claim; "Evolution can be proven" but you never produce the proof. PLEASE DO>

Texas, USA

#2407 Jan 8, 2013
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution and atheism are both religions based on the opposite of the Word of The Living God. In other words Satanic in origin. Worshipping at the altar of utter ignorance.
Your belt has slipped completely off your pulley.

#2408 Jan 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion and evolution is not a gospel or something. Evolution describes how Earth's DNA used biological diversity to survive for 4.5 billion years. That is not my 'belief',……………...
Atheism requires faith to believe there is no God or can you prove it?
Evolution requires even more faith, it may describe but does not prove, or can you prove it?
What you claim is not your belief means you must know; How do you know? Where is the evidence? When will you post it?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2409 Jan 8, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I am as Jewish as the next Jewish man women or child, I have spent time in the Christian church and no, Messianic Judaism is not a sect of the Christian church. I presume that you think you understand scripture better then the rest of the world, that is why you missed Leviticus 14:3, well done.
You are a fundie Christian.
Next.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

#2410 Jan 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism I think also shares this abstract realm. Some Christians don't believe in religion either, only in their god. Perhaps maybe with Atheism that realm is occupied by no god instead of one. Evolution is only a theory in Science not cold hard undisputable truth. Evolution can be part of an Atheists doctrine, it's not for others to deny them. Atheists too can be as zealous in their beliefs as much as some in other religions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr serfs up 2,617
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 233,133
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 2 hr thetruth 10
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 2 hr thetruth 21
Evidence for God! 2 hr thetruth 371
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 1,456
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr thetruth 23,261
More from around the web