Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 112)

Showing posts 2,221 - 2,240 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, let me make it simple for you:
Do you believe that the cure listed in Leviticus is the cure for the skin disease of leprosy? Do you go to a priest instead of a doctor to be diagnosed and treated for diseases?
There is no cure in Lev14, as I said, perhaps you need to pay a bit more attention when you read.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Now make a list of scientists and engineers who were not home schooled?
That should fill many, many thousands of pages of topics each to the limit.
Yes they will, myself included. However the ratio between publicly indoctrinated and home schooled will always be on the side of the home schooled.
SWOSWO

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Nowhere does the Torah tell you to go outside your faith to teach. Nowhere does the Torah tell you that calling people names is the route to go if they do not believe your faith. Living the Torah has nothing to do with those outside the Jewish faith. Ask a Rabbi.
Getting a bit sensitive now are you not. Ask any Rabbi the purpose of the Torah I think you may be surprised.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>These people have no degree in theology, therefore are not priests and priestesses. You are quoting Christian apologetics again.
One does not have to hold a degree in anything to be classified a priest, just how dumb are you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>If you were a Jew, you would have known what I was talking about. But you didn't know, and therefore cannot be a Jew.
Think what you like again you know no facts.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

inv e wrote:
Isn't atheism a religion too? A faith in no god. Doctrines that there is no god or supreme beings outside electric signals interpreted by the brain. Limited to each persons reality their senses show them, refusing possibilities of anything more..that kind of sounds like faith to me..
We can use science as a ruler to measure what is valid or plausible but it's a ruler you cant take past what senses can't sense, so a leap of faith is needed, god or no god? What do you believe in?
Yes atheism is a religion based on faith but they will never agree with you. You are 100% correct.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No mater what word games you play the myth of evolution has no place in science nor the classroom. If one iota of evidence can be found to really backup this myth then that one iota can be used. Untill that iota is found the myth of evolution must be removed and shown to be the lie it is.
You have no idea what you are talking about. There is lots of evidence to back up the theory of evolution. Now, fundie, go take a biology class.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, I said it was 'the' Elohim. Meaning 'the' Gods. Maybe you should read more closely next time.
The Genesis account of creation does not say "the (ha) Elohim". it just says Elohim.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Jumper wrote:
Well,at any rate,I just noticed that Christains seem to bear most of the criticism than the other religions.
They have earned the most.(In the US)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you are talking about. There is lots of evidence to back up the theory of evolution. Now, fundie, go take a biology class.
In this thread alone I have asked 134 times for that evidence to be posted no one including you have posted anything.

If I took yet another biology class all they would try to indoctrinate me, like they did the rest of you. They would not teach fact because they have none to teach they will however try to indoctrinate me with the myth of evolution.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

startracker2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Oogie, do you remember another poster who claimed his IQ was 147? I do.
I'll have to claim "oldheimers" on that one.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

inv e wrote:
Isn't atheism a religion too? A faith in no god. Doctrines that there is no god or supreme beings outside electric signals interpreted by the brain. Limited to each persons reality their senses show them, refusing possibilities of anything more..that kind of sounds like faith to me..
We can use science as a ruler to measure what is valid or plausible but it's a ruler you cant take past what senses can't sense, so a leap of faith is needed, god or no god? What do you believe in?
Verifiable evidence! Got any? Thought not!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
They have earned the most.(In the US)
Why would that be maybe because they built you country from nothing to a blessed super power, its ok that is now on the way out. Without Christian and Jews your country would be just like Pakistan.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to claim "oldheimers" on that one.
Yes just like on everything else. Come on admit it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
What you talking about your myth of evolution again, Yup I thought so.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was home schooled but alas I was not, neither did I fail any subject at school or university, so you are once again in the second state WRONG. Public education has done nothing to advance education, yes we teach book knowledge but so very few people actually know how to apply that to the real world. While the UN charter is forcing people to be indoctrinated in public schools the free thinking home schooled child will always excel. Bellow is the list you asked for. PS a bit more than a few:
Constitutional Convention Delegates
Richard Basseti - Governor of DE
William Blount - U.S. Senator
George Clymer - U.S. Representative
William Few - U.S. Senator
Benjamin Franklin
William Houston Lawyer
William S. Johnson
William Livingston - Governor of NJ
James Madison - 4th U.S. President
George Mason - Justice of VA
John Francis Mercer - U.S. Rep.
Charles Pickney III - Governor of SC
John Rutledge - Chief Justice
Richard D. Spaight - Governor of NC
George Washington
John Witherspoon
George Wythe - Justice of VA
I asked you for the name of a scientist, physicist, mathmetician. I had already mentioned that there are other notables. You've named 16 people out of the hundreds of thousands of notable Americans. I also said most of them were not home schooled after the first portion of the 20th century.

So let's see how close I was.
George Wythe- 1726 to 1806 Attended grammar school in Williamsburg then studied under Stephen Dewey
John Witherspoon- Comedian (not that notable a profession) born 1942
George Washington- 1732-1799 Got an education from several tutors and an Anglican Clergyman
Richard D Spaight- 1758-1802 Sent to be schooled in Ireland at the age of 8 and graduated from University of Glasgow NOT home schooled
John Rutledge- 1739-1800 Education provided by his father and an Anglican priest
Charles Pickney III-1757-1824 It is unknown where this man obtained his education, but it is assumed that it was in the city of his birth.
John Franis Mercer-1759-1821 Graduated from the College of William and Mary
George Mason-1725-1792-Assumed to have been home schooled as there are no records showing an education of any other sort
James Madison-1751-1836 Tutored by a Scottish teacher, then 2 years under a clergyman in preperation for college, graduated from the College of New Jersey (now known as Princeton) in 1771.
William Livingston-1723-1790 Studied under an Anglican teacher who was a missionary and graduated from Yale College in 1741.
William S Johnson- 1727-1819 Home schooled by his father who was president of King's College and then received a degree from Yale College in 1744
William Houston-1746-1788 Attended College of New Jersey (later Princeton)
Benjamin Franklin-1706-1790 Was sent to school for only two years, from ages 8 to 10. His education ended at age 10 but he was an avid reader and obtained the rest of his education through reading.
William Few-1748-1828-Received partial education from his father, partial education from a hired itinerant teacher and partial education due to his love of reading
George Clymer-1739-1813 There is no record of his education other than he was apprenticed to an aunt and uncle to become a merchant, which meant he learned to read and write.
William Blount-1749-1800 Only had some education by paid tutors
Richard Bassetti-1745-1815 Studied law under a Judge in Maryland

So let's see...

8 of those listed above were not home schooled. One was a comedian, which is not a 'notable' American.

I could have listed some who actually were home schooled and were notable Americans that you missed.

The fact remains that not a single one of these people were scientists, physicists, biologists or mathmeticians. All of them served this country from 300 years ago to about a hundred years ago.

So I was correct in my statements.

Since: Dec 12

Kolomotu'a

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I think atheists just like other religions sometimes tend to bend science toward it's own ideology. We can exchange proofs but that's not the point I'm trying to make.
Evolution, if true, doesn't automatically imply no God, it may conflict with some people's belief in creation, but you must take evolution past science to say it proves something just as abstract as god, no god.
I think people can believe what they like though, so I don't mind atheism.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Gary Coleman, I presume?
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What you talking about your myth of evolution again...
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

I don't need anyone's permission to be an Atheist, but thank you for separating Evolution from "what happened in the beginning".

Many religitards blur the two to achieve their political aims.
inv e wrote:
<quoted text>
I think atheists just like other religions sometimes tend to bend science toward it's own ideology. We can exchange proofs but that's not the point I'm trying to make.
Evolution, if true, doesn't automatically imply no God, it may conflict with some people's belief in creation, but you must take evolution past science to say it proves something just as abstract as god, no god.
I think people can believe what they like though, so I don't mind atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,221 - 2,240 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min waaasssuuup 223,038
Our world came from nothing? 43 min Richardfs 22
Why do i deserve no respect. 47 min Richardfs 2
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Mikko 21,328
Introducing The Universal Religion 20 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Wed Buck Crick 324
•••
•••