Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2228 Jan 7, 2013
Especially after the tower of babel incident.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
My bet is that the supreme creator being of the universe may be pretty good at cunninlingus

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2229 Jan 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Especially after the tower of babel incident.
<quoted text>
LOL

Absolutely!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2230 Jan 7, 2013
Jumper wrote:
So Atheisim includes denouncing Wicca,and Paganisim or just Christianity?
Although a-theism is simply not-theism or "without a belief in the existence one or more deities", most atheists are also skeptical of any and all supernatural claims. It kinda comes with the territory. But it is NOT part of the definition of the word 'atheism', so there is no dogmatic answer to your question.

I find it interesting that you lumped Wicca in as an equal to Christianity in your question, but left off a number of other theistic beliefs such as Islam, Hinduism, etc.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#2231 Jan 7, 2013
Jumper wrote:
So Atheisim includes denouncing Wicca,and Paganisim or just Christianity?
Do the Wiccans or Pagans you hang with claim a god? I think they got more in common with Christians than they do with Atheists.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#2232 Jan 7, 2013
Well,at any rate,I just noticed that Christains seem to bear most of the criticism than the other religions.
Ted Kennedys Liver

Pittsfield, MA

#2233 Jan 7, 2013
Jumper wrote:
Well,at any rate,I just noticed that Christains seem to bear most of the criticism than the other religions.
That's because the poofters are too cowardly to insult Muslims. The ultimate hypocricy.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#2234 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bored simply because little baby minds, like yours, do tend to wonder easily. Now go and take your nap.
The world is 6,000 years old according to you? How can this make any sense? The nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. What this means is the world is at least 2.4 million years old. You lose.

The most distant object we an see is 13.3 billion light years away. Therefore, an estimate of the world being between 4.5 -5 billion years old is perfectly reasonable.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/most...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2235 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you just can't read then hay.
I have no problem reading. You just made claims, but didn't back them up with any evidence at all.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2236 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way would you deny the teaching of creation science and intelligent design in the science classroom.
If so Why?
"Creation science" is a contradiction in terms.
And no matter what word games you play, both "creation science" and "intelligent design" are religion. They have no place in the science classroom.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Right Here with my feet up

#2237 Jan 7, 2013
swerty wrote:
Adam and Eve were stolen from the Egyptian Geb and Nut 5
Eve coming from Adam's rib was stolen from the Epic of Enki andAdam and Eve's punishment and loss of immortality were stolen from the Mesopotamian story of Adapa
(Jewish Yaweh replaces Sumerian Enki)7
Jewish Samson was stolen from Heracles,
The Ten commandments was stolen from The Code of Hammurabi Jewish Yaweh replaces the Sumerian Sun God Shamash aka Azazel25
<quoted text>
Wow you have that all mixed up and wrong.

#2238 Jan 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello coward
I see you're still afraid to face facts and answer the question I asked of you.
No wonder you're mad at me for pointing out your hypocrisy.
No I either I missed the question or you missed the answer. Post the question again.

#2239 Jan 7, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is 6,000 years old according to you? How can this make any sense? The nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. What this means is the world is at least 2.4 million years old. You lose.
The most distant object we an see is 13.3 billion light years away. Therefore, an estimate of the world being between 4.5 -5 billion years old is perfectly reasonable.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/most...
Do I need to explain this to you gor the fourth time, I guess I do. YHVH creator of everything placed everything where it is today.

There is no need for you stupidly long time for light to get to earth if it was placed there by the designer. You can guess all you like about the myth of evolution and freezing plants and calling it evolution but until you look to through creator you will only ever be guessing.

#2240 Jan 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Creation science" is a contradiction in terms.
And no matter what word games you play, both "creation science" and "intelligent design" are religion. They have no place in the science classroom.
No mater what word games you play the myth of evolution has no place in science nor the classroom. If one iota of evidence can be found to really backup this myth then that one iota can be used. Untill that iota is found the myth of evolution must be removed and shown to be the lie it is.

#2241 Jan 7, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that you lumped Wicca in as an equal to Christianity in your question, but left off a number of other theistic beliefs such as Islam, Hinduism, etc.
And don't forget to ad evolutionism and dawinism to that list.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#2242 Jan 7, 2013
I think the other poster has it right. You do post like an angry 12 year old.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No mater what word games you play the myth of evolution has no place in science nor the classroom. If one iota of evidence can be found to really backup this myth then that one iota can be used. Untill that iota is found the myth of evolution must be removed and shown to be the lie it is.

#2243 Jan 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I think the other poster has it right. You do post like an angry 12 year old.
<quoted text>
Two things wrong with that I am neither angry nor 12.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#2244 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I need to explain this to you gor the fourth time, I guess I do. YHVH creator of everything placed everything where it is today.
There is no need for you stupidly long time for light to get to earth if it was placed there by the designer. You can guess all you like about the myth of evolution and freezing plants and calling it evolution but until you look to through creator you will only ever be guessing.
Thanks for sharing your delusion with us.

You are an indoctrinated fool. Who cares about your worthless opinion.

Your God doesn't exist either and you are not Jewish.

What a troll.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2245 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things wrong with that I am neither angry nor 12.
I would say definitely eight years old or kinda retarded.
BOOK OF LIES

Santa Cruz, CA

#2246 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget to ad evolutionism and dawinism to that list.
Evolution and Darwinism makes more sense than your Book of Lies moron.

#2248 Jan 7, 2013
BOOK OF LIES wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say definitely eight years old or kinda retarded.
Yes I did expect something like that, just imaging it me an 8 year old beating the pants of all you evolutionists right down to PhD scientists and the best you lot is throw insults. Oh well the 8 year old Zionist come creationist rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Eagle 12 230,089
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Chiclets 1,058
Islam for peace, or violence? 2 hr JIN 51
Man center of the universe. 4 hr hpcaban 88
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 4 hr hpcaban 4
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Chiclets 22,996
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Pahu 1,402

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE