Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,435

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#2184 Jan 6, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Proofs exist only in mathematics and logic, not in science. Mathematics and logic are both closed, self-contained systems of propositions, whereas science is empirical and deals with nature as it exists. The primary criterion and standard of evaluation of scientific theory is evidence, not proof. All else equal (such as internal logical consistency and parsimony), scientists prefer theories for which there is more and better evidence to theories for which there is less and worse evidence. Proofs are not the currency of science." (" http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scien... ;)
By the way would you deny the teaching of creation science and intelligent design in the science classroom.

If so Why?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2185 Jan 6, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way would you deny the teaching of creation science and intelligent design in the science classroom.
If so Why?
As soon as there is independently verifiable evidence, it can be considered. To date, there isn't any.

And, just to be clear, "independently verifiable" must NOT require any certain predefined "belief system". So a scientist who is Hindu, Buddhist, or Christian must all be able to reach the same verification.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2186 Jan 6, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a rather common definition.
Not in any of the sciences.

#2187 Jan 6, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in any of the sciences.
Perhaps in your world but ont in the real world of science

#2188 Jan 6, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as there is independently verifiable evidence, it can be considered. To date, there isn't any.
And, just to be clear, "independently verifiable" must NOT require any certain predefined "belief system". So a scientist who is Hindu, Buddhist, or Christian must all be able to reach the same verification.
So by your own definition you should also deny the teaching of all evolution too. There is no "independently verifiable" evidence that requires no "belief system" for the myth of evolution.

You cannot have it both ways if you deny one on that basis you must deny all on the same basis you evolution lie included.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#2192 Jan 6, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove conclusivly each the above statements. If you can't you are a lair 100%
DNA are the genetic building blocks of living organisms. Tracing genetic markers gives us evidence. Science is based upon verifiable evidence rather than fantasy.

Experts agree that the earth is between 4.5 -5 billion years. I will go with their expert opinion rather than your biblical fantasy. Why" It is quite simple. The nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. This is proof that the world is created much more than 6,000 year ago. You appear to be a total ignoramus because that is what you said in a previous post.

You bore me.

#2193 Jan 6, 2013
Oh dear all my detractors have faded away once again

WAKE UP DETRACTORS YOUR MYTH OF EVOLUTION IS ROTTING AWAY.

#2194 Jan 6, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA are the genetic building blocks of living organisms. Tracing genetic markers gives us evidence. Science is based upon verifiable evidence rather than fantasy.
Experts agree that the earth is between 4.5 -5 billion years. I will go with their expert opinion rather than your biblical fantasy. Why" It is quite simple. The nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. This is proof that the world is created much more than 6,000 year ago. You appear to be a total ignoramus because that is what you said in a previous post.
You bore me.
I know very well what DNA is I also know that there is no true scientific evidence of any DNA that promotes an old earth. If you have Science is based upon verifiable evidence real evidence mot speculation please post it I am still waiting.

What part of design do you not understand, YHVH God of Israel created everything, He put everything where he wanted it. You choose to follow man opinion guess work and lies than the truth of Godís word.

There is a huge difference between 4.5 and 5 billion years why have the so called experts (experts : ex = Past gone, Spurt = drip under pressure Humm makes you think) anyway with all their evidence get a consensus on the time.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#2195 Jan 6, 2013
Have you read some of your posts you non English speaking reject? Ok so I forget a comma and you proceed to ignore my question. Lame dodge but expected.

Show us proof that Yahweh even exists. Hell we have no proof that Moses ever existed outside of myth.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read your post, you call my English bad read this "And no saying because you believe in him doesn't count" what "him doesn't count" what on earth does that mean English calls for link either punctuation of a preposition. Guess you need to learn some English.

#2196 Jan 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Have you read some of your posts you non English speaking reject? Ok so I forget a comma and you proceed to ignore my question. Lame dodge but expected.
Show us proof that Yahweh even exists. Hell we have no proof that Moses ever existed outside of myth.
<quoted text>
Reject, I don't think so. You mock my English and in the selfsame line blow it EPIC FAIL, you know what they say about glass houses. As for your question I did not ignore it I have posted the same answer 26 times you are more than welcome to read any of them.

Perhaps if you spent as much time learning some Israeli history as you do writing rubbish here you would know that Moses was real and very historical.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#2197 Jan 7, 2013
THERE WAS NO MOSES AND NO EXODUS

It is all a fairy tale. Colin The Terrorist believes fairy tales give him and zionazis licence to plunder and steal land and a whole country and ethnically cleanse and commit other forms of genocide.

#2198 Jan 7, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
THERE WAS NO MOSES AND NO EXODUS
It is all a fairy tale. Colin The Terrorist believes fairy tales give him and zionazis licence to plunder and steal land and a whole country and ethnically cleanse and commit other forms of genocide.
In your dreams terrorists

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#2199 Jan 7, 2013
Yes your English is atrocious. Still waiting on that proof that Yahweh exists. And so sorry but because you said so or some vague study the Torah or other Jewish myths isn't proof.

In fact why should anyone care about what the Torah says anyways? It's just a poorly written myth that steals myth stories from surrounding nations. Nothing special there.

There is zero proof for a historical Moses, King Solomon and king David. None of the so called prophets of the Torah exist outside of myth.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Reject, I don't think so. You mock my English and in the selfsame line blow it EPIC FAIL, you know what they say about glass houses. As for your question I did not ignore it I have posted the same answer 26 times you are more than welcome to read any of them.
Perhaps if you spent as much time learning some Israeli history as you do writing rubbish here you would know that Moses was real and very historical.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#2200 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
So by your own definition you should also deny the teaching of all evolution too. There is no "independently verifiable" evidence that requires no "belief system" for the myth of evolution.
You cannot have it both ways if you deny one on that basis you must deny all on the same basis you evolution lie included.
And again your lack of scientific understanding is showing.

We literally have museums full of evidence, independently verified by Earth scientists from every religious and sociopolitical background throughout the world for over 150 years.

As I already stated back in post 2132, our understanding of how biology works allows us to make TESTABLE predictions which have greatly improved crop production, animal husbandry, and human healthcare.

Unless and until a better, more accurate model comes along it really doesn't matter how imperfect our current model is. It's still all we have.

You don't like it, come up with a better model. But it MUST provide for more accurate testable predictive capabilities that are independently verifiable. Until then biologist will each and use the only working model they have, no matter how much you whine about how you don't like it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#2201 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>Prove conclusivly each the above statements. If you can't you are a lair 100%
It's already been proven.

If you're too lazy and too cowardly to google it, that's your problem.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#2202 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>By the way would you deny the teaching of creation science and intelligent design in the science classroom.

If so Why?
Yes.

Because not only are they not science, they are religion and are demonstrably false.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#2203 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps in your world but ont in the real world of science
And what do you know of the real world of science?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2205 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I thought I was discussing digital binary theory with someone who have some common scene I guess not do you want me to elaborate like I would for a 12 year old.
With my luck you are a 12 yo.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2206 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stand before the judgment of YHVH you will not, I repeat NOT, be there to try to judge Him. You will be too afraid to try to play games you will be awe struck. You will be held accountable for the words you type, for what you think and for what you say including your denial of Him. This is not a threat, it is a promise.
Religigasm in progress! Stand back! I think he's gonna blow!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Texas, USA

#2207 Jan 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
Oh dear all my detractors have faded away once again
WAKE UP DETRACTORS YOUR MYTH OF EVOLUTION IS ROTTING AWAY.
You're way too far gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr P_Smith 1
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 1 hr P_Smith 1
Siro is writing a new book 2 hr Siro 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 231,821
Reza Aslan: Sam Harris and "New Atheists" aren'... 4 hr P_Smith 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr thetruth 862
The Rapture of the Atheists (Nov '09) 5 hr thetruth 7,110

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE