Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
1,981 - 2,000 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2124
Jan 6, 2013
 
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, your imagination is really working overtime. Name one eyewitness. And tell us, again about the billions of pieces of documentation that you have. LOL.
One witness to the Torah - Moses

Billions of written document world wide - the Bible

I have covered this so many times.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2125
Jan 6, 2013
 
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth of evolution is a dream if you read books but cannot show scientific evidence then you must believe what the priests and priestess of the religions of dawinism and evolutions write, say and teach. That requires faith in them and believe in what they say.
I can give many examples of natural selection. The natural selection process is how evolution takes place. There fore it is a theory with tangible evidence to support it. Do you have any non-ontological arguments to support creation? Do you have anything tangible and verifiable?

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2126
Jan 6, 2013
 
A creationist conscience wrote:
<quoted text>
harry potter is real too then I guess.
Oh dear you are stupid are you not.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2127
Jan 6, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
You used to post under another name. Same broken English same flawed way of thinking.
You can't just say, no your wrong because I said so, and that cover an argument. Now obviously English is not your friend. But see to win an argument you just how some kind of proof not just bleat, I'm right you're wrong as you always do. Do you want me to send you an online translator so you can make more sense?
<quoted text>
No; no other name. no broken English only facts that the blind choose to ignore.

All of creation cries out that YHVH is the only true God, deny it if you want I don't care.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2128
Jan 6, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Where is your proof Yahweh exists? And no saying because you believe in him doesn't count. Show some actual observable testable proof.
Maybe you should type it in your language and we just use an online translator to fix it? It would make more sense because you are terrible at English.
<quoted text>
Have you read your post, you call my English bad read this "And no saying because you believe in him doesn't count" what "him doesn't count" what on earth does that mean English calls for link either punctuation of a preposition. Guess you need to learn some English.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2129
Jan 6, 2013
 
Wow that was all fun. Next please.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2130
Jan 6, 2013
 
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give many examples of natural selection. The natural selection process is how evolution takes place. There fore it is a theory with tangible evidence to support it. Do you have any non-ontological arguments to support creation? Do you have anything tangible and verifiable?
I know all about “natural selection” it comes in many variances. If “natural selection” was real from an evolutionary point the ok evolution will be true but it is NOT. Evolution is not tangible or verifiable, if you have any real evidence please feel free to post it.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2131
Jan 6, 2013
 
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give many examples of natural selection. The natural selection process is how evolution takes place. There fore it is a theory with tangible evidence to support it. Do you have any non-ontological arguments to support creation? Do you have anything tangible and verifiable?
Are you a scientist involved in the mythological study of the myth of evolution.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2132
Jan 6, 2013
 
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about “natural selection” it comes in many variances. If “natural selection” was real from an evolutionary point the ok evolution will be true but it is NOT. Evolution is not tangible or verifiable, if you have any real evidence please feel free to post it.
Well actually yes it is, but it doesn't matter and has nothing to do with atheism.

Science never assumes anything is 100% proven true, it can't. The very nature of inductive reasoning doesn't support such a claim. Sorry you don't understand enough about basic science to grasp this idea.

What we have is such a plethora of evidence gathered over the past 150+ years from biological scientists all over the world that to withhold tacit support for the theory of biological evolution would be unreasonable.

But the real bottom line is that this understanding of how biology works serves us no matter how incomplete it is. This model of biology allows us to make TESTABLE predictions which ave greatly improved crop production, animal husbandry, and human healthcare. Unless and until a better, more accurate model comes along it really doesn't matter how imperfect our current model is. It's still all we have.

You don't like it, come up with a better model. But it MUST provide for more accurate testable predictive capabilities that are independently verifiable. Until then biologist will use the only working model they have, no matter how much you whine about how you don't like it.

But you should also understand, atheistic skepticism about supernatural deities existed long, LONG before anybody ever considered how biology actually worked.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2133
Jan 6, 2013
 
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, no doubt our friend sees this as an example of the 100% correctness he sees in his god.
True, but then anything can be seen in that god. Lucky for him that the god is so pliable, and can be made to fit any mold

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2134
Jan 6, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He must work for Fox News.
I was picturing overflowing file cabinets, stacked ten deep in a building that would make the worst of Hoarders, look like Martha Stewart, but Fox news works too.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2135
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well actually yes it is, but it doesn't matter and has nothing to do with atheism.
…………………………
But you should also understand, atheistic skepticism about supernatural deities existed long, LONG before anybody ever considered how biology actually worked.
If science can never prove anything as true you have a serious issue with your basic existence, can you prove scientifically that you even exist, no you can’t (poor you) I on the other hand can prove that I exist scientifically. I can also prove many other things with 100% scientific assurance. Inductive reasoning stops at the door of any good lab where proof and not reasoning are master, you reason in a classroom you prove science in a lab.
I agree that science has nothing to do with atheism (that thread of discussion has long since left that thread) science also has nothing to do with the myth of evolution, or the cosmic big bang or with Primordial puddle that life was supposed to have sprang form.
All the evidence has yet to provide proof any of evolution, so it remains a myth, yes a popular myth because with it atheist scientists (there’s you link) spend billions of $$$$$$ trying to disprove the existence of God and creation.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2136
Jan 6, 2013
 
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>True, but then anything can be seen in that god. Lucky for him that the god is so pliable, and can be made to fit any mold
Oh how little you know and how shallow your reasoning.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2137
Jan 6, 2013
 
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
If science can never prove anything as true you have a serious issue with your basic existence, can you prove scientifically that you even exist, no you can’t (poor you) I on the other hand can prove that I exist scientifically. I can also prove many other things with 100% scientific assurance. Inductive reasoning stops at the door of any good lab where proof and not reasoning are master, you reason in a classroom you prove science in a lab.
I agree that science has nothing to do with atheism (that thread of discussion has long since left that thread) science also has nothing to do with the myth of evolution, or the cosmic big bang or with Primordial puddle that life was supposed to have sprang form.
All the evidence has yet to provide proof any of evolution, so it remains a myth, yes a popular myth because with it atheist scientists (there’s you link) spend billions of $$$$$$ trying to disprove the existence of God and creation.
You poor little person. Your beliefs are not the center of focus of science. Sciences does NOT concern itself with proving or disproving anybody's deity.

Science tries it's best to understand how nature works. If science happens to discover something that conflicts with your religion, too bad.

The Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth and biology on this planet evolves.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2138
Jan 6, 2013
 
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorta I guess.
"The World According to " should always have the name "Garp" in it. imho

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2139
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor little person. Your beliefs are not the center of focus of science. Sciences does NOT concern itself with proving or disproving anybody's deity.
Science tries it's best to understand how nature works. If science happens to discover something that conflicts with your religion, too bad.
The Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth and biology on this planet evolves.
If science does not concern it’s self with the existence of God why does it concern it’s self with the origins of the universe, if as the myth claim it happened 15 billion years ago why spend billions of $$$$$$ trying to replicate the so called “big Bang” myth. Why are billions of $$$$$ spent trying to prove life may have existed on Mars. All this is a feeble attempt to disprove God.

Yes there is legitimate biological science but it will never conflict with YHVH God of Israel and the Bible. Let’s not forget it was science that believed that the earth was the centre of the universe and that the sun revolved around us, not YHVH nor the Bible.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2140
Jan 6, 2013
 
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you post evidence that YHVH is not God,
The fact there is no evidence he is god is evidence he isn't.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
I have continually posted my proofs you deny them now it's your turn.
But you haven't posted any proofs at all! You just say he is. That's no more proof than a Muslim saying Allah is god.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
As for the muslims, just the fact that they use suicide murderers negates them and their claims allah is the real god.
How so? If nothing else, it shows they are sincere.(Wrong, but sincere.)
And the buy-bull is full of tales of your god ordering the slaughter of entire towns.
Colin The Zionist wrote:
You did claim that man has made life from nothing now you are lying again...
Then you should have no problem pointing to a post where I made that claim. What? You can't?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2141
Jan 6, 2013
 
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
If science can never prove anything as true you have a serious issue with your basic existence, can you prove scientifically that you even exist, no you can’t (poor you) I on the other hand can prove that I exist scientifically. I can also prove many other things with 100% scientific assurance. Inductive reasoning stops at the door of any good lab where proof and not reasoning are master, you reason in a classroom you prove science in a lab.
...
So then you should be able to easily cite at least 1 peer-reviewed scientific article that clearly states this "100% scientific assurance" you speak of.

You are wrong about this. You are so wrong about this is isn't even funny, it's just pathetic.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2142
Jan 6, 2013
 
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, could be a POE
?
As in Poe's Law?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2143
Jan 6, 2013
 
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>They also could have been hermaphrodites, that (his feminine side) would have explained why that particular god myth hated himself, and by extension mankind so very much.
And it could be the whole Adam and Eve story is just a bunch of BS.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••