2012 election is proof USA is no long...

2012 election is proof USA is no longer an old white Christian nation

Posted in the Atheism Forum

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#1 Nov 10, 2012
The US states of Maryland, Maine, Minnestona, and Washington are more progressive than any other nation on earth for the fact that they have approved of same-sex marriage though a popular vote. There has been no country in human history that has done that.
Gay marriage passing in Maryland, Maine, Minnestona, and Washington is proof USA is no longer a Christian nation. It's also significant in showing that the polls are right. The majority of Americans do support same-sex marriage and 2012 is the tipping point for the issue.

The 2012 election in USA was the most liberal electorate in US history. The right wing extremists in USA were voted out of office.(Todd Akin, Allen West, Joe Walsh, Richard Mourdock, etc.) Obama's established the most brilliant campaign in US history a collation of women, black, Latino, Asian, young voters, LGBT, workers, liberals, progressives, moderates, etc.

I have to tell you that was probably the proudest day I have felt to be an American in a long time. Things are changing in the USA for the better.
Amused

Princeton, MA

#3 Nov 28, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
The US states of Maryland, Maine, Minnestona, and Washington are more progressive than any other nation on earth for the fact that they have approved of same-sex marriage though a popular vote. There has been no country in human history that has done that.
Gay marriage passing in Maryland, Maine, Minnestona, and Washington is proof USA is no longer a Christian nation. It's also significant in showing that the polls are right. The majority of Americans do support same-sex marriage and 2012 is the tipping point for the issue.
The 2012 election in USA was the most liberal electorate in US history. The right wing extremists in USA were voted out of office.(Todd Akin, Allen West, Joe Walsh, Richard Mourdock, etc.) Obama's established the most brilliant campaign in US history a collation of women, black, Latino, Asian, young voters, LGBT, workers, liberals, progressives, moderates, etc.
I have to tell you that was probably the proudest day I have felt to be an American in a long time. Things are changing in the USA for the better.
Not sure whether the election of 2012 reflects the "most liberal electorate in US history" or whether the country has just drifted so far to the right that politicians who are now called liberal are espousing positions that would have been considered moderate or even conservative in a bygone era. You could make decent arguments that Reagan and even Nixon took positions that put them to the left of Obama. Compared to Ted Kennedy or George McGovern, Obama comes off looking fairly conservative.

When you look at the electoral college map, there are two blue coasts, a couple of blue islands in the rust belt and a sea of red in between. The states that went red mostly did so by larger margins than the states that went blue, meaning where Romney won, he did so by wider margins than Obama won the states he took. There are now more than 25 states where one party or the other controls the state government by a veto-proof super-majority, and many more of those states are republican controlled than democrat controlled.

I see the results as less of a lurch to the left and more of a sign that the nation, like the government, is deeply divided, and the divisions are becoming sharper and deeper to the point where effective government may be at risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 243,414
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min woodtick57 9,403
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 23 min Brian_G 19,796
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 5 hr thetruth 6,221
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... 20 hr Amused 2
Should atheists have the burden of proof? Sat thetruth 38
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) Sat knight of Jesus 521
More from around the web