Census data reveal there are 4million fewer Christians and one in four is now an atheist

Dec 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Mail on Sunday

Data from last year's census today revealed the stunning decline of religion in the UK - with the number of Christians dropping by more than 4million.

Comments
161 - 180 of 400 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2013
rio

UK

#168 Dec 13, 2012
the real Blunt Mocker wrote:
We could have got ALL the jobs filled by white Europeans
That's a fallacy and you know it. I am not excusing Blair, but defending employers who recruit foreigners.
Most jobs taken by Chinese, Bengla Deshi, Poles, Latvians and others are systematically turned down by white Brits. I have witnessed it several times.
A friend of mine in Lincolnshire had to obtain permission from the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheris and Food, to recruit abroad because he couldn't find worker in his area to fill farming and food producing jobs. His job offer adverts were ignored in a region of unemployement and he finally contracted Ukrainian seasonal workers to fill up vacancies - all with the ministry's approval. His rate of pay were well above the minimal wage, he provided FREE lodging and food to. Not one local applied!
I have also heard from restaurateurs in London that mostly foreigners answer job offers for waitress, kitchen portes, bar staff, etc... Most of these jobs could be taken by Brits.

There are plenty of unemployed Brits who don't look for work and prefer to stay on benefits. That's the sad truth. Blaming foreigners for their willingness to get on the job ladder has become a national sport in UK.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#170 Dec 13, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter so much, or are you one of these macho types who claim women shouldn't have access to abortion?
You are so transparent in your bigoted and right-wing rants!
"macho" very seventies rio/ronan.

when did i claim women shouldn't have access to abortion? thread name/post#(you know the drill,you claim i put forward a certain argument,then ignore all requests for proof showing i said it.)

what i will say is that abortion as a form of contraceptive is wrong.

are you one of those girly men types who think a woman is not capable of making the choice to get pregnant or not?(rape and incest the obvious exceptions,were abortion should be available)

You are so transparent in your bigoted and left-wing racist rants!
rio

UK

#171 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I don't care what colour someone is, or where they're from, but if someone doesn't want to go down the pub and join in, if someone doesn't like Secular England's values, they should f**k off somewhere else.
<quoted text>
I didn't know that going to the pub was another requirement to be allowed in Britain.

Pubs are closing down at the rate of 3700 per year! LOL

Where will the bigots like you congregate in future?

Don't tell me; at the football ground waving EDL banners!!
rio

UK

#172 Dec 13, 2012
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't talk about British values because I honestly believe that elements of the White British underclass abandoned those values decades ago.
Exactly!
This forum is a good indication.
rio

UK

#173 Dec 13, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. You're not a jew or a muslim, or a christian and in recent days have started attacking atheists.
So, other than a troll, what are you?
I attack intolerant people, whatever philosophical beliefs they profess to have.
I find that some atheists are just as bad, if not worse, than some religionists.

I don't care if you are atheist or not, but what I object is atheist pretending they are superior, and trying to dominate any debate. That, I cannoty stand!

If you cannot live and let live, you are the problem, not the others. Period

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#174 Dec 13, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as you choose to ignore, sending illegal immigrants back isn't straightforward business. maybe you don't follow the news.
It's a legal wrangle that can take years.
But you think it's OK to refuse treatment and let the individual transmit its disease.
You are sick!
sending illegal immigrants back SHOULD be made easier.i do follow the news and thanks to left wing dolts like yourself it is almost impossible.

you think that the hard working families of Britain pay taxes to treat HIV+ foreigners?

you think we should allow immigrants with HIV into the country to transmit their disease.

you are sick(no exclamation mark,because it is no surprise)

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#175 Dec 13, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
This forum is a good indication.
you pair of simpletons.

you have just exposed YOUR bigotry for all to see.

ronan/rio when you called that guy a "Paki" the other day would that not qualify you as a white British underclass you hate so much?

you nasty racist bigot.
rio

UK

#176 Dec 13, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
1) This isn't a christian country.
.
Culturally it is. Our whole society is based on Christianity, our institutions, our architecture, our laws, our mentality, our history, etc...

It doesn't mean that the whole country is christian, no.
Nor does it mean that all Christian truly believ in the complex dogma, no.
But our heritage and our culture is Christian; you cannot escape that!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#177 Dec 13, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I attack intolerant people, whatever philosophical beliefs they profess to have.
I find that some atheists are just as bad, if not worse, than some religionists.
I don't care if you are atheist or not, but what I object is atheist pretending they are superior, and trying to dominate any debate. That, I cannoty stand!
If you cannot live and let live, you are the problem, not the others. Period
"I attack intolerant people"FFS!
this from the guy who called someone a "Paki" the other day and wants to ethnically cleanse the Protestants of Northern Ireland.

self aware he isn't.
rio

UK

#178 Dec 13, 2012
the real Blunt Mocker wrote:
<quoted text>well, as you say yourself, that is the law and the law can be changed. Spain send its illegal back almost at once. we could do the same easily. or else, put them on quarantine ships outside the limit, as per international shipping law. as long as wimps and traitors like you are in charge, we will be stuck with sick, infected , parasites.
Good on Spain.
Maybe you should move there! The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?
I don't know how Spain goes about the fact that some countries will not take back their nationals if they are deported, and mostly undocumented. Maybe you could tell us, since you seem to dominate the subject.
I suppose that by wimps and traitors you are talking about the parliament and successive governments?
Also, infected or not, Britain still has to abide by international conventions regarding refugees and assylum seekers. Or maybe you could jettison these undertakings to please racist scums like you and that mike483?
I think for you 1939 Nazi Germany would have been just the ticket.
rio

UK

#179 Dec 13, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I attack intolerant people"FFS!
this from the guy who called someone a "Paki" the other day and wants to ethnically cleanse the Protestants of Northern Ireland.
self aware he isn't.
I have no problem with Pakistani, and straa isn't even one.

I called him like that because, just like you, he is an irritating little cnut!

Since when do you defend Pakistanis? Another U-turn from you!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#180 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Great point.

You couldn't even get an English language bible until the 16th Century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale
And the effort continues today with the republican right fighting education tooth and nail.

An educated population is the greatest enemy of tyranny.
rio

UK

#181 Dec 13, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
sending illegal immigrants back SHOULD be made easier.i do follow the news and thanks to left wing dolts like yourself it is almost impossible.
Don't blame me, I never voted Lib-Dem or Labour and never supported Blair and Brown.
Who put them in power: the British working class like you that now vilifies them!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#182 Dec 13, 2012
Why are you a cu*t?

My wife's not even English, snippy.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that going to the pub was another requirement to be allowed in Britain.
Pubs are closing down at the rate of 3700 per year! LOL
Where will the bigots like you congregate in future?
Don't tell me; at the football ground waving EDL banners!!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#183 Dec 13, 2012
You're the crappest game of "Guess Who" ever.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me, I never voted Lib-Dem or Labour and never supported Blair and Brown.
Who put them in power: the British working class like you that now vilifies them!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#184 Dec 13, 2012
Dawkins says something similiar about his upbringing.

I'll pick you up on the "mentality" claim though, because I've never felt like burning a witch.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Culturally it is. Our whole society is based on Christianity, our institutions, our architecture, our laws, our mentality, our history, etc...
It doesn't mean that the whole country is christian, no.
Nor does it mean that all Christian truly believ in the complex dogma, no.
But our heritage and our culture is Christian; you cannot escape that!
ronan

London, UK

#185 Dec 13, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me, I never voted Lib-Dem or Labour and never supported Blair and Brown.
Who put them in power: the British working class like you that now vilifies them!
Out of morbid curiosity, who DO you vote for these days?
rio

UK

#186 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Why are you a cu*t?
My wife's not even English, snippy.
<quoted text>
Why are you making comment about people noy going to the pub, as if drinking was a pre-requisite for Britishness.

Who gives a f*ck about your wife? You are an idiot.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#187 Dec 13, 2012
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with Pakistani, and straa isn't even one.
I called him like that because, just like you, he is an irritating little cnut!
Since when do you defend Pakistanis? Another U-turn from you!
i really do feel sorry for you rio/ronan ,you are so stupid.

i pointed out your use of the word "Paki" to highlight your hypocrisy you simple minded lack wit.
rio

UK

#188 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Dawkins says something similiar about his upbringing.
I'll pick you up on the "mentality" claim though, because I've never felt like burning a witch.
<quoted text>
Do you think that "burning witches" is the only trait of Christian mentality?

You are definitelly an idiot!

Think about compassion, charity, fairness, care, equality, tolerance, those are christian values.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ultimate Evidence of God 4 min Patrick 66
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 min religionislies 21,508
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr religionislies 58
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr religionislies 226,397
The myth of the angry atheist 17 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 18 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 19 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••