Don't let atheists grow in influence

Don't let atheists grow in influence

There are 215 comments on the This Is Staffordshire story from Oct 11, 2013, titled Don't let atheists grow in influence. In it, This Is Staffordshire reports that:

Why, when people are arguing that we should not 'bow to religion', are we creating new rules for another religion that of atheism? The definition of a religion or faith is a belief in the existence or non-existence of God in the absolute absence of corroborative scientific evidence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at This Is Staffordshire.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#137 Oct 29, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT is horrible enough for me to despise the Jewish faith.
Not the Jewish people, I get along with them fine. They are usually kind, just like many xtians. But the religion is garbage.
Judaism is the closest to the Truth and it will prevail. Both Christianity and Islam are based on Judaism. It's mainly a system of laws and a covenant of life. A lot of the statutes will be amended and updated. Times change. "...for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem". Isaiah 2:3. The God of Israel is coming to live on the earth.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#138 Oct 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Judaism is the closest to the Truth and it will prevail. Both Christianity and Islam are based on Judaism. It's mainly a system of laws and a covenant of life. A lot of the statutes will be amended and updated. Times change. "...for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem". Isaiah 2:3. The God of Israel is coming to live on the earth.
Closest to the truth? What a total fail. The religion that not only allows, but encourages the rape of toddlers is your best choice. A girl three years and one day old becomes wife to a rapist by the act of penetration. That would be the truth from a god you are willing to pay fealty to? Susan, both you and every one of those long ago rape victims are chattel, and nothing more. It is only having a penis which gives you rights as a human.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#139 Oct 29, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Closest to the truth? What a total fail. The religion that not only allows, but encourages the rape of toddlers is your best choice. A girl three years and one day old becomes wife to a rapist by the act of penetration. That would be the truth from a god you are willing to pay fealty to? Susan, both you and every one of those long ago rape victims are chattel, and nothing more. It is only having a penis which gives you rights as a human.
The laws will be changed. Times have changed. The Messiah is a woman and so is God. The world will be as God originally created it to be. Eve was supposed to be a "help meet" for Adam but instead he ruled over her. There will be peace in the world when women rule!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#140 Oct 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The laws will be changed. Times have changed. The Messiah is a woman and so is God. The world will be as God originally created it to be. Eve was supposed to be a "help meet" for Adam but instead he ruled over her. There will be peace in the world when women rule!
Bullshit. The laws will be changed? Why to reflect the god you imagine? Every child raped under the Abrahamic god's influence proves that there is no god.

Not calling yourself a Christain, does not undo that you are as perfect an example of cafeteria Christain, as ever was.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#141 Oct 30, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. The laws will be changed? Why to reflect the god you imagine? Every child raped under the Abrahamic god's influence proves that there is no god.
Not calling yourself a Christain, does not undo that you are as perfect an example of cafeteria Christain, as ever was.
God does not promote the rape of children. Where do you get this from? Neglect or abuse of a child is included as one of the deadly sins. Because there is sin in the world, does not prove the non existence of God. If humans kept the covenant of God, these things wouldn't be happening. Jews do not abuse their children but Christians do. Jesus did away with the law.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#142 Oct 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Judaism is the closest to the Truth and it will prevail. Both Christianity and Islam are based on Judaism. It's mainly a system of laws and a covenant of life. A lot of the statutes will be amended and updated. Times change. "...for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem". Isaiah 2:3. The God of Israel is coming to live on the earth.
Judaism?

Don't the Jewish menfolk thank their god every day for not making them women?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#143 Oct 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism?
Don't the Jewish menfolk thank their god every day for not making them women?
Orthodox Jews do that. That's why I'm not Orthodox. They're as bad as the Muslims and Christians who do not allow women to speak. Both Messiah and God is a woman.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#144 Oct 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God does not promote the rape of children. Where do you get this from? Neglect or abuse of a child is included as one of the deadly sins. Because there is sin in the world, does not prove the non existence of God. If humans kept the covenant of God, these things wouldn't be happening. Jews do not abuse their children but Christians do. Jesus did away with the law.
Where did I get that from? Obviously you've never read your own god of Abraham's holy books, now have you?

Because that is where it comes from ... the Sanhedrin, the Torah, the Quran and the Holy Bible. The Sanhedrin at least puts an age limit on the rape/marriage of toddler girls, they have to be at least three years and one day old. In the bible a girl at any age must be virgin, to become wife, and if she is not then you can whore her out or kill her, after you've raped her. In the Quran, the child (boy or girl) is a man's sex toy from the second they leave the mothers womb. It is called thighing and there are specific rules to follow, but none that would keep the children from involutarially servicing adult males.
The god of Abraham is all about the penis.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#145 Oct 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Orthodox Jews do that. That's why I'm not Orthodox. They're as bad as the Muslims and Christians who do not allow women to speak. Both Messiah and God is a woman.
Bullshit! The unholy bible will tell you that giving birth to a male child is only half as filthy an act, than giving birth to a female child.
The very male god of Abraham would put you out in the streets to be raped as punishment to your owner/husband.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#146 Oct 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Orthodox Jews do that. That's why I'm not Orthodox. They're as bad as the Muslims and Christians who do not allow women to speak. Both Messiah and God is a woman.
Ah, I see.

So this female god created all females with a hymen; a thin membrane that can tear under many circumstances.

Then this female god introduced rules which ordered that human females be executed if they're not a virgin.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#147 Oct 31, 2013
If god were a woman she's no feminist. Childbirth is one hell of a practical joke.

The superstitious jibberish people come out with, lol!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#148 Oct 31, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see.
So this female god created all females with a hymen; a thin membrane that can tear under many circumstances.
Then this female god introduced rules which ordered that human females be executed if they're not a virgin.
Where does it say that women are to be executed if they're not a virgin? Even if it does say that, times change. Women enter into a blood covenant with their husbands when they are married. When the rules governing sexual conduct are followed, there won't be any need for abortion. Only married women will be getting pregnant.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#149 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Even if it does say that, times change.
But your cult wont change and doesn't care about facts.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#150 Oct 31, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit! The unholy bible will tell you that giving birth to a male child is only half as filthy an act, than giving birth to a female child.
The very male god of Abraham would put you out in the streets to be raped as punishment to your owner/husband.
I do not understand and cannot defend a lot of the practices in the OT. The Messiah will "speak great words against the most High" Daniel 7:25 and will be as critical of the God of Abraham as others are. The law will be changed and amended to conform to modern times. We do not understand what things were like 5000 years ago and I believe it was a just law for the times.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not understand and cannot defend a lot of the practices in the OT.
But you will lie for it.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#152 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Where does it say that women are to be executed if they're not a virgin? Even if it does say that, times change. Women enter into a blood covenant with their husbands when they are married. When the rules governing sexual conduct are followed, there won't be any need for abortion. Only married women will be getting pregnant.
"If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die."

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#153 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Where does it say that women are to be executed if they're not a virgin? Even if it does say that, times change. Women enter into a blood covenant with their husbands when they are married. When the rules governing sexual conduct are followed, there won't be any need for abortion. Only married women will be getting pregnant.
>> EVEN IF IT DOES SAY THAT? <<

WTF is wrong with you? That is the buybull god that you are attempting to redefine to fit your own boundaries, and it is 100% opposed to everything you are telling us.

How these huge rifts in what your beliefs are, appears and you can't even see them. Odd that.

No god who saw females as human could have accepted, for even one second the mysognistic crap that they have been and still are subjected to (in his name) for century after century now.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#154 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not understand and cannot defend a lot of the practices in the OT. The Messiah will "speak great words against the most High" Daniel 7:25 and will be as critical of the God of Abraham as others are. The law will be changed and amended to conform to modern times. We do not understand what things were like 5000 years ago and I believe it was a just law for the times.
What the buybull claims a god, and what you claim are not the same god.
I don't know where(besides your own fractured brain) you got your god from, but it is not the god of the buybull, nor the god of Abraham. Why even pretend that your god-myth comes from that inhumane compilation of misogyny, that is the Abrahamic god's holy books?
LCNLin

United States

#155 Oct 31, 2013
More "Flying Spaghetti Monster" Atheism Philosophy.

Notice
No proof of
their opinions,

LOL

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#156 Oct 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
"the"?
I'd replace that word in your last sentence with "all"...
... but that's just me.
:)
It's not just you. I agree. All religion is garbage, especially the Abrahamic ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min Subduction Zone 67,640
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 39 min Honest 28,713
Where have all the Atheists gone? 3 hr Eagle 12 15
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 3 hr Eagle 12 12
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Regolith Based Li... 3,569
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
More from around the web