A Real Puzzle To Me
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#1 Feb 14, 2014
Christians seem to believe that because Hey Zeus forgave them that it didn't happen. I have news for them....their past and what they did impacted others and that part ain't going away. To me it's like a serial murderer feeling remorse after being convicted of their latest assault on some family. The apology falls on deaf ears.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#2 Feb 14, 2014
Campbell wrote:
Christians seem to believe that because Hey Zeus forgave them that it didn't happen. I have news for them....their past and what they did impacted others and that part ain't going away. To me it's like a serial murderer feeling remorse after being convicted of their latest assault on some family. The apology falls on deaf ears.
Remorse for been caught.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#3 Feb 14, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Remorse for been caught.
I have a brother who stole hubcaps and shoplifted during his teens. He was in and out of jail numerous times, never for very long but it exemplified his early years. He graduated to alcohol then and stayed drunk for 50 years. During that 50 years the things he did which hurt people including his own children were without number. He whored around and totaled six cars...two of them belonged to someone else. He was selfish and undercut anyone who posed some form of competition for him. When he was just over 70 he went to alcohol rehab and it was one of these deals where they sell one that 2000 year old fable and make them believe they have been forgiven for their sins. Now he conveniently doesn't remember any of those things which happened during at least four decades. I mean it's like he's been at the foot of the cross for 60 years.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#4 Feb 14, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a brother who stole hubcaps and shoplifted during his teens. He was in and out of jail numerous times, never for very long but it exemplified his early years. He graduated to alcohol then and stayed drunk for 50 years. During that 50 years the things he did which hurt people including his own children were without number. He whored around and totaled six cars...two of them belonged to someone else. He was selfish and undercut anyone who posed some form of competition for him. When he was just over 70 he went to alcohol rehab and it was one of these deals where they sell one that 2000 year old fable and make them believe they have been forgiven for their sins. Now he conveniently doesn't remember any of those things which happened during at least four decades. I mean it's like he's been at the foot of the cross for 60 years.
I am truly sorry to hear that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5 Feb 22, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
A sad tale of a wasted life--especially at the very end.

I'm sorry for your loss (of a brother).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#6 Feb 25, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion offers two things to believers: absolutions and final solutions.

The absolutions are for atrocities they committed in the past.

The final solutions are for atrocities they want to commit in the future.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min Frank Merton 27,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 253,345
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 8,101
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Frank Merton 3,979
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr GTID62 5,996
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Shizle 18,800
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Patrick n Angela 3,086
More from around the web