Why almost everyone is wrong about the terms atheism and especially, agnosticism

Mar 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: examiner.com

I was listening to a conservative Jewish talk show host who I will only go by his initials, D.P. because I don't want to give him any unnecessary publicity.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Mar 21, 2013
Actually a good article.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Agnostic - Someone who is unsure about whether or not God exists or the form he is in.

Atheist - Someone who believes there is no God.

Maltheist - Someone who does believe there is a God but view him as evil because he most likely opposes their filthy choice of lifestyle which they view as 'natural' because they are vile base people. So they choose to publicly deny him AKA Topix atheists.

KittenKoder - A poofter trying to palm himself off as a female, usual M.O. involves spinning sob stories such as living in a womens shelter for 10 years and having a dead bowel etc.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#3 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Actually a good article.
A more realistic term should be used--> Irreligion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_by_co...

Irreligion, which may include atheism, agnosticism, ignosticism, antireligion, skepticism, freethought, antitheism, apatheism, non-belief, secular humanism, and deism, varies in the different countries around the world.

Sixteen percent of the world population (1.1 billion people) are considered non-religious.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4 Mar 22, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
A more realistic term should be used--> Irreligion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_by_co...
Irreligion, which may include atheism, agnosticism, ignosticism, antireligion, skepticism, freethought, antitheism, apatheism, non-belief, secular humanism, and deism, varies in the different countries around the world.
Sixteen percent of the world population (1.1 billion people) are considered non-religious.
That that term itself is still misunderstood. There are many atheist religions, like Buddhism. Religion and theism are not bound anymore than religion and gnosticism.
Lincoln

United States

#5 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That that term itself is still misunderstood. There are many atheist religions, like Buddhism. Religion and theism are not bound anymore than religion and gnosticism.
Evangelistic Atheists are the most amusing with their fear that somehow someone somewhere still believes in God and dares to spell it with a capital G.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelistic Atheists are the most amusing with their fear that somehow someone somewhere still believes in God and dares to spell it with a capital G.
Making it a proper noun changes what you mean, thus you are ignoring 90% of all the other gods.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#7 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming number of religionists are superstitious and of the Abrahamic kind. That's one problem.

Another is: those of the Abrahamic kind are either superstitious, authoritarian, unrepresentative, divisive, sectarian, corrupt, abusive, reactionary, fundamentalist, corrosive, or some combination of the above. Relgion seems to summarise the problem adequately and I see little value in atheist religions. Even Buddhism can be harmful...
http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/15586/an-ex...
For some buddhists life is about suffering.
http://exbuddhist.com/

Some are obviously worse than others but I find religion generally to be superstitious, divisive and more trouble than enough.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#8 Mar 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't like it when someone spells Harry Potter with a small H either. LOL!!!

When you grow up, you'll understand why people laugh at you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min atheism is destru... 226,243
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr CunningLinguist 21,498
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 3 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 3 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 3 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 5 hr Patrick 10
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 9 hr USN Atheist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••