6 Common Myths About Atheism

Nov 16, 2012 Full story: Truthdig 294

If you want to piss off an atheist, tell him or her that atheism is a religion just like any other.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#124 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists alike tend to pride themselves as being anti-religious; especially in the face of Christians. To them, religious institutions, particularly Christianity, are foundations of bigotry and social intolerance, and they seek out every opportunity to paint it as such.
Atheism is a mindset that replaces virtue and morality with self gratification and an inflated ego. Many atheists get to a point where they consider themselves to be Godly.
The typical atheist considers himself more intelligent than any religious person, almost to the point where he falls short of calling himself divine. He considers his beliefs superior to the beliefs of any religious person, and takes measures to force his opinions on to the religious communities around the world. To sum it up, the typical atheist possesses the mentality of "You dont believe what I believe, and therefore you are an intolerant bigot, and it is my responsibility to force you to be tolerant by exerting my opinions upon you."
This "exertion" can be see everywhere. In schools, science is taught purely with an atheistic observation of the universe, and to disagree with that observation is to fail the curriculum.
In the mainstream media, religion is mocked and shunned, and the religious are conventionally portrayed as dumb racist hicks living in the mountains somewhere.
But it gets worse, much worse. In other nations, where the government is run by atheists, religious symbols, as well as religion itself, is outlawed, and those who possess them are punished. You see, they consider religion to be evil, and have waged a world -wide Jihad against it. The Soviet Union was apart of this Atheist Jihad, and punished millions of religious people. Some were attacked, but millions were placed in concentration camps, where they met their end. It was much worse in China. Religious people, namely Christians, were hunted by the Chinese government. Hundreds of millions of Chinese Christians were brutally beaten and slaughtered in the name of atheism.
Atheist regimes throughout the 20th Century butchered around 100 million religious people. Everyone from Lenin, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Che, Castro,Ho Che Mein, Kim Juan Il, and others led the Atheist Jihad, and ordered the slaughter of millions, and that slaughter shamelessly continues today.
Is atheism the most radical form of Intolerance?
Athiesm is a lack of belief in god, nothing more and nothing less.

Your essay is an exercise in ignorance and bigotry. I hope your religion teaches you morals because you don't have any and are content to lie about atheists in a public forum so shamelessly.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#125 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
English please? Some of those are not even words. English your third language? I will overlook your simpleton writings and answer. Regardless yes many Christians call Jesus lord and I see you need to look up the word sect. Wow just wow.
See I am not making this stuff up my Facebook people.( Link provided to this post as proof ) These idiots really say this stuff.
Now as for you my sub 80 IQ Christian, if it talks like an apologetic, argues like an apologetic and goes after non believers like an apologetic.... I'll let you scratch your head and finish that statement. Oh and wipe the drool from your chin.
<quoted text>
Lil Ticked is a creationist, I've been saying it for well over a year. Just like I spotted Nuggin & of course EW years ago. EW posts under different names too.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#126 Dec 4, 2012
Any luck finding those atheist doctrines that your preacher told you about in church Sunday?

Or shall we just go ahead and chalk it up to your ever increasing revealed ignorance?

:knowing smile:
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>projection.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#128 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Any luck finding those atheist doctrines that your preacher told you about in church Sunday?
Or shall we just go ahead and chalk it up to your ever increasing revealed ignorance?
<quoted text>
Look ma'am, I have no idea what you are talking about. Where did I mention anything about any doctrines?
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#129 Dec 4, 2012
Pimp speak.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is not misogynistic. It isn't hate to give a woman a purpose.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#130 Dec 4, 2012
Sources?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The native Puerto Ricans were not religious.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#131 Dec 4, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Athiesm is a lack of belief in god, nothing more and nothing less.
Your essay is an exercise in ignorance and bigotry. I hope your religion teaches you morals because you don't have any and are content to lie about atheists in a public forum so shamelessly.
Would this be some of that atheistic tolerance toward others?

Who stated that I was religious?

Christianity is a philosophy, Protestantism, Catholicism, these are religions? You claim that I have no morals why because I disagree with your position?

You would be best to keep your simple minded opinions to yourself you will look less foolish.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#132 Dec 4, 2012
The Asymmetry of Intolerance

A group of Christians have just filed a lawsuit to have a statue of Nietzsche on Federal land near a Montana ski slope removed because they found a single person who says she's offended.

The vast majority of conservatives, including Christians, would find that lawsuit to be bizarre. Of course Christians, being tolerant, have done no such thing. Atheists, however, have sued to have a statue of Jesus on Federal land near to a ski slope, placed there at the request of WWII veterans back in 1955, removed. At first the litigants, a bigoted group of haters who have no tolerance for the personal beliefs of others, didn't bother to produce anyone who was in fact bothered by the statue. When forced to, the bigots managed to dig up one person who was bothered.

Some might question the use of "bigoted haters" to describe an organization which exists to drive the free speech expression of religious people off public property. However given that many atheists who support anti-Christian crusades also believe it's fine for the government to fund "Piss Christ", a crucifix in a jar of the "artists" urine, and a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary covered in cow dung it's clear that these atheist extremists do not believe in the free speech rights of Christians; one cannot declare Federal funding of religious statues so long as they are designed to attack faith to be okay while declaring that the same statues -- minus feces -- are prohibited on Federal land.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/the_as...

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#133 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Would this be some of that atheistic tolerance toward others?
Who stated that I was religious?
Christianity is a philosophy, Protestantism, Catholicism, these are religions? You claim that I have no morals why because I disagree with your position?
You would be best to keep your simple minded opinions to yourself you will look less foolish.
Don't expect anything but insults and one-liners from that one. Atheists don't even like him.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#134 Dec 4, 2012
BS
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't expect anything but insults and one-liners from that one. Atheists don't even like him.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#135 Dec 4, 2012
I guess I don't know enough about the cases you describe, but, as a general rule, inconsistent posters are inconsistent because they are tied up in knots through lying about their particular flavour of creation myth.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lil Ticked is a creationist, I've been saying it for well over a year. Just like I spotted Nuggin & of course EW years ago. EW posts under different names too.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#136 Dec 4, 2012
"Religious people often say that atheists have no morals because they have no moral guide. If you believe this, let me ask you something. If you're a Christian, chances are the Bible is your moral guide, but is that all the Bible, or just some of it?

"It's just the good bits, isn't it? The bits you've cherry-picked because obviously if you wanted to live in a Leviticus-style society where people are stoned or mutilated for insane and trivial reasons you could simply move to Iran.

"But how do you decide which are the good bits and which are the bad in the Bible? What do you use as a moral guide? The Bible? Well, surely not. If so, you would simply accept the bad along with the good, which is clearly what the Bible wants you to do otherwise the bad wouldn't be in there in the first place, would it?

"But no, you don't do that. You defy the Bible. You sift out the bad and discard it for the ignorant primitive barbarism it is. In short, you edit the Bible to suit your own sensibilities. So where do you get the moral guidance to impose your authority on the word of the Bible? It has to come from a higher source, doesn't it?(These things usually do.)

"And it does, of course. It comes from you. You are a higher source than the Bible, a much higher source. The criminals who run religion don't want you to know or to act upon this because then their influence over you would be zero.

"Yet the evidence is clear. You sifted the good from the bad in the Bible without the Bible's help. You did it against the Bible's will, and you did it all on your own because, whether you like it or not, you have a conscience, which means that you are capable of distinguishing good from evil without the help of scripture, and you have just proven it beyond any shadow of doubt.

"So, in fact, the Bible is not your moral guide. You are. It doesn't provide you with a moral compass. You do. And the only faith you need is faith in yourself. O happy day.

~ Pat Condell
(" http://dotsub.com/view/e88246dd-b45e-4eca-8e8... ;)

Chicago, IL

#137 Dec 4, 2012
Oh would you prefer I only ask your Nan sock puppet name that. Btw you need to find the post where I claimed to be a female. Hurry up chop chop half wit.

Or shall I just go ahead and accept I have as usual factually crushed you?

I will give you a little time to find the post. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Or you can just go ahead and be humiliated, proven wrong as usual.

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Look ma'am, I have no idea what you are talking about. Where did I mention anything about any doctrines?

Chicago, IL

#138 Dec 4, 2012
Well what does one expect from a so called agnostic who always spouts off Christian talking points and arguments? Straight from an apologetic/creationist website that one is.

Feel free to humiliate either that sock or the Nano sock that the same troll uses.
Thinking wrote:
BS
<quoted text>
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#139 Dec 4, 2012
Great avatar, btw. She's a brave one.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh would you prefer I only ask your Nan sock puppet name that. Btw you need to find the post where I claimed to be a female. Hurry up chop chop half wit.
<quoted text>

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#140 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I just assumed by your behavior patterns and inconsistancies. The way that you and your B.S. little buddy make assumptions and baseless claims about me. I have never made any pro-religion comments and you both know it. You two are just trolls with a grudge.(or is that PMS?)

Lexington, KY

#141 Dec 4, 2012
I know. That little child has shown more heart and bravery than a million of her Muslims combined. She is indeed a hero.
Thinking wrote:
Great avatar, btw. She's a brave one.
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#142 Dec 4, 2012
So in other words you have nothing.

As we all knew.

Don't crush any eggs today while bagging up groceries for the customers at the Supermarket ok?

That'll do half wit, I know you try your best with your ahem limited abilities.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I just assumed by your behavior patterns and inconsistancies. The way that you and your B.S. little buddy make assumptions and baseless claims about me. I have never made any pro-religion comments and you both know it. You two are just trolls with a grudge.(or is that PMS?)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#143 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
The Asymmetry of Intolerance
A group of Christians have just filed a lawsuit to have a statue of Nietzsche on Federal land near a Montana ski slope removed because they found a single person who says she's offended.
The vast majority of conservatives, including Christians, would find that lawsuit to be bizarre. Of course Christians, being tolerant, have done no such thing. Atheists, however, have sued to have a statue of Jesus on Federal land near to a ski slope, placed there at the request of WWII veterans back in 1955, removed. At first the litigants, a bigoted group of haters who have no tolerance for the personal beliefs of others, didn't bother to produce anyone who was in fact bothered by the statue. When forced to, the bigots managed to dig up one person who was bothered.
Some might question the use of "bigoted haters" to describe an organization which exists to drive the free speech expression of religious people off public property. However given that many atheists who support anti-Christian crusades also believe it's fine for the government to fund "Piss Christ", a crucifix in a jar of the "artists" urine, and a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary covered in cow dung it's clear that these atheist extremists do not believe in the free speech rights of Christians; one cannot declare Federal funding of religious statues so long as they are designed to attack faith to be okay while declaring that the same statues -- minus feces -- are prohibited on Federal land.
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/the_as...
==========
>>>they found a single person who says she's offended<<<

All it takes is one objection to encumber the religion exercise, and then, of course, it is not a "free exercise" and the state can Constitutionally "prohibit" it.

Rule-of-law protects ONE individual just as it does a group. They are equal BEFORE THE LAW.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#144 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
So in other words you have nothing.
As we all knew.
Don't crush any eggs today while bagging up groceries for the customers at the Supermarket ok?
That'll do half wit, I know you try your best with your ahem limited abilities.
<quoted text>
Alright crazy lady where is your proof that I am a Christian ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr Eagle 12 2,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 233,043
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 4 hr Morse 7
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 4 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Morse 1,450
More from around the web