6 Common Myths About Atheism

Nov 16, 2012 Full story: Truthdig 294

If you want to piss off an atheist, tell him or her that atheism is a religion just like any other.

Full Story

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#104 Dec 3, 2012
You didnt build that wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
I think you're right. We are seeing the social fabric of America literally unwinding ....
And it's been going on ever since the Catholics lobbied successfully to put "god" in our pledge and on our money. It only took them almost 200 years to make inroad into our government, but they're here now, so Protestantism and all the other religions are in deep doo-doo.

They're slowly turning us into a theocracy, and you loose too.

And between the Catholic pedophiles and the Boy Scout pedophiles, I think we've had enough religious "morals".

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#105 Dec 3, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
These atheist clowns believe in mankind's "natural morality." ....
It's a sight better than anything your religion has to offer.

Name 1 (one) moral guide that you can prove is founded in your religion. JUST ONE.

The absolute morality that a religious person might profess would include stoning people for adultery, death for apostasy, punishment for breaking the Sabbath, killing all witches, women are subservient to men ... these are all things which are religiously-based absolute moralities. I want nothing to do with your sick, twisted concept of morality.

I want a society morality that has developed over historical time through a consensus of reasoning, sober discussion, argument, legal theory, political and moral philosophy. You offer none of that.

The U.S. government was the very first time in all of human history that a society was founded on humanistic principles. The first and only government which by it's very Constitution get it's right to govern not from some vague invisible deity but directly from "WE THE PEOPLE".

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#106 Dec 3, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Name 1 (one) moral guide that you can prove is founded in your religion. JUST ONE.
The absolute morality that a religious person might profess would include stoning people for adultery, death for apostasy, punishment for breaking the Sabbath, killing all witches, women are subservient to men ....
The Jesus who started the sect of Christianity taught, "Let those among you without sin throw the first stone.", and "Would you leave an ass in a pit just because it is the Sabbath?", etc. You are confusing the Old Testament's Judaism for Jesus' Christianity. They are two, separate religions.
FYI, many native Americans believed in a Great Spirit in the Sky before Christianity came to this country.
The native Puerto Rican males of Columbus' time believed in lounging in the shade while making their women slave in the hot sun. Maybe you would like to insult their heritage while you are at it?
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#107 Dec 3, 2012
Yes, many religitards are misogynists. Hence the religitard lies.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The Jesus who started the sect of Christianity taught, "Let those among you without sin throw the first stone.", and "Would you leave an ass in a pit just because it is the Sabbath?", etc. You are confusing the Old Testament's Judaism for Jesus' Christianity. They are two, separate religions.
FYI, many native Americans believed in a Great Spirit in the Sky before Christianity came to this country.
The native Puerto Rican males of Columbus' time believed in lounging in the shade while making their women slave in the hot sun. Maybe you would like to insult their heritage while you are at it?

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#108 Dec 3, 2012
Aw it is so sweet you vigorously defending your Christian faith. I heard you before pretended to be an agnostic but that is just silly.

You are certainly a dyed in the wool sheeple Christian.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The Jesus who started the sect of Christianity taught, "Let those among you without sin throw the first stone.", and "Would you leave an ass in a pit just because it is the Sabbath?", etc. You are confusing the Old Testament's Judaism for Jesus' Christianity. They are two, separate religions.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#109 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not misogynistic. It isn't hate to give a woman a purpose.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#110 Dec 3, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Would I hear the ocean if I placed my ear against your navel?
No, it isn't deep enough to create an echo.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#111 Dec 3, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist doctrine also insinuates that there is shame in sexual behaviour.
I think that you just poked the bear.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#112 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Aw it is so sweet you vigorously defending your Christian faith. I heard you before pretended to be an agnostic but that is just silly.
You are certainly a dyed in the wool sheeple Christian.
<quoted text>
How many Christians do know that refer to thei "lord" as the Jesus? How many Christians do you know call their religion a sect?
Try to pay attention to the wording before you respond with an over dramatic emotional response. Just like a woman.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#113 Dec 3, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The absolute morality that a religious person might profess would include stoning people for adultery, death for apostasy, punishment for breaking the Sabbath, killing all witches, women are subservient to men ... these are all things which are religiously-based absolute moralities. I want nothing to do with your sick, twisted concept of morality.
I want a society morality that has developed over historical time through a consensus of reasoning, sober discussion, argument, legal theory, political and moral philosophy. You offer none of that.
The U.S. government was the very first time in all of human history that a society was founded on humanistic principles. The first and only government which by it's very Constitution get it's right to govern not from some vague invisible deity but directly from "WE THE PEOPLE".
He has already jumped down my throught because he thought that I assumed him to be a christian.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#114 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The atheist doctrine? Do list all the atheist doctrines my sub 80 IQ reject.
I see you are working damn hard to keep your ignorant c@cks@cker title in place. Just when we thought you couldn't get any dumber.
<quoted text>
projection.

Location hidden

#115 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The native Puerto Ricans were not religious.

Location hidden

#116 Dec 3, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I think that you just poked the bear.
I am not afraid.

Location hidden

#117 Dec 3, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>No, it isn't deep enough to create an echo.
Does it have elaborate curlicues?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#118 Dec 3, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Does it have elaborate curlicues?
no, too shallow. I is skinny.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#119 Dec 3, 2012
whats a polar bear doing in the middle east, funny how god talked to the most inbred people on the planet
Crooked liberal media wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant analysis.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#120 Dec 3, 2012
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
12 hrs ago If you believe there is an invisible giant man of a particular ethnicity in the sky who is directing everything and who is so hateful he will viciously punish us for challenging his existence--
If you believe that this invisible giant man got a 13-year-old virgin girl pregnant, who then gave birth to him as his own son--
If you believe that this god person wrote a book--and one book only--
If you believe that "confessing the Lord" will instantly remove your sins, thus allowing you to commit more--
If you believe that a stone will remove your sins, thus allowing you to commit more--
If you believe in vicarious blood-atonement, i.e., that "the Lord died for your sins" and thus you can commit as many as you wish--
If you believe that merely believing in such a god person makes you righteous, no matter what atrocities you commit and what hatred and intolerance you carry and spread--
If you believe that some "good" god person is going to reward you for killing living, breathing human beings "in his name"--
If you believe that going to church, temple, synagogue or mosque, making pilgrimages, or wearing particular clothes or headdresses, makes you a righteous person, even though you don't behave like one otherwise--
If you believe that you are special and chosen because of what you believe--
If you believe that it is good to mindlessly go along with whatever anyone tells you about the nature of God and religion--
If you believe that believing in one God makes you better than and superior to those who don't--
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>no, too shallow. I is skinny.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#121 Dec 4, 2012
swerty wrote:
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
12 hrs ago If you believe there is an invisible giant man of a particular ethnicity in the sky who is directing everything and who is so hateful he will viciously punish us for challenging his existence--
If you believe that this invisible giant man got a 13-year-old virgin girl pregnant, who then gave birth to him as his own son--
If you believe that this god person wrote a book--and one book only--
If you believe that "confessing the Lord" will instantly remove your sins, thus allowing you to commit more--
If you believe that a stone will remove your sins, thus allowing you to commit more--
If you believe in vicarious blood-atonement, i.e., that "the Lord died for your sins" and thus you can commit as many as you wish--
If you believe that merely believing in such a god person makes you righteous, no matter what atrocities you commit and what hatred and intolerance you carry and spread--
If you believe that some "good" god person is going to reward you for killing living, breathing human beings "in his name"--
If you believe that going to church, temple, synagogue or mosque, making pilgrimages, or wearing particular clothes or headdresses, makes you a righteous person, even though you don't behave like one otherwise--
If you believe that you are special and chosen because of what you believe--
If you believe that it is good to mindlessly go along with whatever anyone tells you about the nature of God and religion--
If you believe that believing in one God makes you better than and superior to those who don't-- <quoted text>
I will put it so that you can understand, just this once.
I r Not Christian.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#122 Dec 4, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
An Atheist loves his fellow man instead of god. An Atheist believes that heaven is something for which we should work now; here on earth for all men together to enjoy.
An Atheist believes that he can get no help through prayer but that he must find in himself the inner conviction, and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and enjoy it.
An Atheist believes that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help to a life of fulfillment.
He seeks to know himself and his fellow man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanquished, war eliminated. He wants man to understand and love man.
He wants an ethical way of life. He believes that we cannot rely on a god or channel action into prayer nor hope for an end of troubles in a hereafter.
He believes that we are our brother's keepers; and are keepers of our own lives; that we are responsible persons and the job is here and the time is now.
Atheists alike tend to pride themselves as being anti-religious; especially in the face of Christians. To them, religious institutions, particularly Christianity, are foundations of bigotry and social intolerance, and they seek out every opportunity to paint it as such.

Atheism is a mindset that replaces virtue and morality with self gratification and an inflated ego. Many atheists get to a point where they consider themselves to be Godly.

The typical atheist considers himself more intelligent than any religious person, almost to the point where he falls short of calling himself divine. He considers his beliefs superior to the beliefs of any religious person, and takes measures to force his opinions on to the religious communities around the world. To sum it up, the typical atheist possesses the mentality of "You dont believe what I believe, and therefore you are an intolerant bigot, and it is my responsibility to force you to be tolerant by exerting my opinions upon you."

This "exertion" can be see everywhere. In schools, science is taught purely with an atheistic observation of the universe, and to disagree with that observation is to fail the curriculum.

In the mainstream media, religion is mocked and shunned, and the religious are conventionally portrayed as dumb racist hicks living in the mountains somewhere.

But it gets worse, much worse. In other nations, where the government is run by atheists, religious symbols, as well as religion itself, is outlawed, and those who possess them are punished. You see, they consider religion to be evil, and have waged a world -wide Jihad against it. The Soviet Union was apart of this Atheist Jihad, and punished millions of religious people. Some were attacked, but millions were placed in concentration camps, where they met their end. It was much worse in China. Religious people, namely Christians, were hunted by the Chinese government. Hundreds of millions of Chinese Christians were brutally beaten and slaughtered in the name of atheism.

Atheist regimes throughout the 20th Century butchered around 100 million religious people. Everyone from Lenin, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Che, Castro,Ho Che Mein, Kim Juan Il, and others led the Atheist Jihad, and ordered the slaughter of millions, and that slaughter shamelessly continues today.

Is atheism the most radical form of Intolerance?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#123 Dec 4, 2012
English please? Some of those are not even words. English your third language? I will overlook your simpleton writings and answer. Regardless yes many Christians call Jesus lord and I see you need to look up the word sect. Wow just wow.

See I am not making this stuff up my Facebook people.( Link provided to this post as proof ) These idiots really say this stuff.

Now as for you my sub 80 IQ Christian, if it talks like an apologetic, argues like an apologetic and goes after non believers like an apologetic.... I'll let you scratch your head and finish that statement. Oh and wipe the drool from your chin.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>How many Christians do know that refer to thei "lord" as the Jesus? How many Christians do you know call their religion a sect?
Try to pay attention to the wording before you respond with an over dramatic emotional response. Just like a woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 53 min Dak-Original 22,293
Becoming a parent changed everything. 1 hr Reason Personified 17
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Reason Personified 479
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 3 hr Patrick 332
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 3 hr Patrick 14
Atheist Babies 4 hr Patrick 39
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 4 hr Patrick 194
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
•••

Atheism People Search