6 Common Myths About Atheism

Nov 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

If you want to piss off an atheist, tell him or her that atheism is a religion just like any other.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of294
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the Creationist who got found out for lying about being an agnostic atheist.
I am done giving you masturbation material. Have fun with your douchebaggery.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am done giving you masturbation material. Have fun with your douchebaggery.
Says the Creationist who got found out for being an agnostic atheist can got crushed in debate with ChristinaM.

Run along now, little troll, nobody's taking your cult seriously anymore. This isn't 2005.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
All atheists are homosexual liberals
Explain Ayn Rand. An outspoken atheist and Paul Ryan's muse all in one.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

The Roman Catholic Inquisition was one of the greatest disasters ever to befall mankind. In the name of Jesus Christ, Catholic priests mounted an enormous effort to kill all "heretics" in Europe and Britain. Heretics is defined whichever way Rome wanted it defined; it ranged from people who disagreed with official policy, to Hermetic Philosophers [Black Magick Practitioners], to Jews, to Witches, and to the Protestant reformers.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>most things.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the Creationist who got found out for being an agnostic atheist can got crushed in debate with ChristinaM.
Run along now, little troll, nobody's taking your cult seriously anymore. This isn't 2005.
Christina M has never crushed anybody. Yer dreaming troll dreams.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

swerty wrote:
The Roman Catholic Inquisition was one of the greatest disasters ever to befall mankind. In the name of Jesus Christ, Catholic priests mounted an enormous effort to kill all "heretics" in Europe and Britain. Heretics is defined whichever way Rome wanted it defined; it ranged from people who disagreed with official policy, to Hermetic Philosophers [Black Magick Practitioners], to Jews, to Witches, and to the Protestant reformers.
<quoted text>
really?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic of thread... 6 Common MYTHS About Atheism
Do I really have to explain it again? Is it that hard to figure out? Is it that hard to read more than the first post? F@#k!

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Christina M has never crushed anybody. Yer dreaming troll dreams.
All ChristinaM does is take one tiny little part of a post and hyperfocuses on it. These people have a difficult time with context and seeing more than just a part of the whole. I would hate to have to be stuck with them in a maze or work on a jig-saw puzzle with one of them.
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Atheism is just another faith. A dark faith to be sure. It is destructive.

Atheist liberal dictators of the 20th century have killed more people (in less than a century) than all of the world's religious leaders through out human history combined.

Atheism is an evil faith - A dark faith in nothing...that there is nothing. Such a faith dictates that life is meaningless. Societies are destroyed by such a faith.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Occupy this wrote:
Atheism is just another faith. A dark faith to be sure. It is destructive.
Atheist liberal dictators of the 20th century have killed more people (in less than a century) than all of the world's religious leaders through out human history combined.
Atheism is an evil faith - A dark faith in nothing...that there is nothing. Such a faith dictates that life is meaningless. Societies are destroyed by such a faith.
That is a good one. Wish I would have thought of it. What does this bring it to, 3 myths?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Topic of thread... 6 Common MYTHS About Atheism
Do I really have to explain it again? Is it that hard to figure out? Is it that hard to read more than the first post? F@#k!
xD

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

I'm trying to think of a remark that would stereotype atheists....

Maybe if I narrow the topic down to "Topix atheists"?

;)
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is a good one. Wish I would have thought of it. What does this bring it to, 3 myths?
I was the first to tell atheists that they are practicing a faith of their own. As far as I know I was the first at least...

They get pissed off by this fact. They are choosing a dark faith...and it is a faith. There is no escaping it.

It's like the song lyrics by that old rock band "RUSH"..."...yo u may choose not to decide, BUT YOU STILL HAVE MADE A CHOICE!" LOL.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the first to tell atheists that they are practicing a faith of their own. As far as I know I was the first at least...
They get pissed off by this fact. They are choosing a dark faith...and it is a faith. There is no escaping it.
It's like the song lyrics by that old rock band "RUSH"..."...yo u may choose not to decide, BUT YOU STILL HAVE MADE A CHOICE!" LOL.
Rush? ew.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Also who the 'F is Paul Ryan and why should I care?
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Rush? ew.
Yes. The irony? RUSH is a group of liberals. LOL.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

funny how god only speaks to the most inbred people on the planet jews and muslimsScience reveals: Jews fantastically inbred.
In a study sure to make snotty, self-absorbed Sephardi Jews feel even more inherently superior to the unrefined plebeians who took them out of the caves of the Atlas Mountains, not that Iím talking about anybody who writes for Jewlicious or anything, researchers at the Technion and the Rambam Medical Center discovered that 40% of Ashkenazi Jews, or about 3.5 million people, are descended from only four women.

Each woman left a genetic signature that shows up in their descendants today, he and colleagues say in a report published online by the American Journal of Human Genetics. Together, their four signatures appear in about 40 percent of Ashkenazi Jews, while being virtually absent in non-Jews and found only rarely in Jews of non-Ashkenazi origin, the researchers said.

They said the total Ashkenazi population is estimated at around 8 million people. The estimated world Jewish population is about 13 million.

Ashkenazi Jews are a group with mainly central and eastern European ancestry. Ultimately, though, they can be traced back to Jews who migrated from Israel to Italy in the first and second centuries, Behar said. Eventually this group moved to Eastern Europe in the 12th and 13th centuries and expanded greatly,
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is a good one. Wish I would have thought of it. What does this bring it to, 3 myths?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

swerty wrote:
funny how god only speaks to the most inbred people on the planet jews and muslimsScience reveals: Jews fantastically inbred.
In a study sure to make snotty, self-absorbed Sephardi Jews feel even more inherently superior to the unrefined plebeians who took them out of the caves of the Atlas Mountains, not that Iím talking about anybody who writes for Jewlicious or anything, researchers at the Technion and the Rambam Medical Center discovered that 40% of Ashkenazi Jews, or about 3.5 million people, are descended from only four women.
Each woman left a genetic signature that shows up in their descendants today, he and colleagues say in a report published online by the American Journal of Human Genetics. Together, their four signatures appear in about 40 percent of Ashkenazi Jews, while being virtually absent in non-Jews and found only rarely in Jews of non-Ashkenazi origin, the researchers said.
They said the total Ashkenazi population is estimated at around 8 million people. The estimated world Jewish population is about 13 million.
Ashkenazi Jews are a group with mainly central and eastern European ancestry. Ultimately, though, they can be traced back to Jews who migrated from Israel to Italy in the first and second centuries, Behar said. Eventually this group moved to Eastern Europe in the 12th and 13th centuries and expanded greatly, <quoted text>
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Topic of thread... 6 Common MYTHS About Atheism
If that's what the thread is about, you are as innumerate as you are illiterate. Even if you counted your initial post as two myths, that atheists are A) liberals and B)homosexuals, you still come up four short of your stated goal. That gives you a one third success rate. Or a two thirds failure rate, depending on how you look at it. Not bad for a creationist or a short bus rider, but pitiful for someone with pretensions to average intelligence. Here's a hint, you need to come up with one more myth than you have fingers on one hand. HTH.

BHy the way, I take your response to mean that you cannot explain your athiest = liberal drivel in the face of the example given.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Here's one.

"Atheists are likely devil worshipers."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of294
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••