6 Common Myths About Atheism

Nov 16, 2012 Full story: Truthdig 294

If you want to piss off an atheist, tell him or her that atheism is a religion just like any other.

Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#287 Dec 14, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Surely "won" in this context would've meant conquering Russia and much of Europe- and making the result stick for more than a couple of years.
The only upside I can see to this thought is that the Eastern European countries wouldn't necessarily been shat on by Russia for nearly 50 years.
<quoted text>
I was refering to genocide. Genocide is not genocide if the victor claims that it is something else. What is the saying about who writes history?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#288 Dec 14, 2012
Ambiguous. But I get the point about victor's history.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I was refering to genocide. Genocide is not genocide if the victor claims that it is something else. What is the saying about who writes history?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#289 Dec 14, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I was refering to genocide. Genocide is not genocide if the victor claims that it is something else. What is the saying about who writes history?
Genocide is a genocide. You creationist philosophy types like to hide behind words a lot.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#290 Dec 14, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Genocide is a genocide. You creationist philosophy types like to hide behind words a lot.
You right, genocide is genocide. I was refering to how those that write the history books and how they dilute the wrongs of the victor. I was not agreeing with it, I stating that is how things were/are done. I am pretty sure that you knew that but couldn't resist being a jerk.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#291 Dec 14, 2012
'Religion is based...mainly upon fear...fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race.'"
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if it is funny or sad that you still don't get it...

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#292 Dec 14, 2012
I must be your Jesus then because you were dying in less then a year until I pointed out that if wouldn't be wasting time on topix if I had so little time and praise me you realized you were healed! Woohoo!

Does that qualify me as a god? I notice your straw man attempt to weasel out of my question, what organization do I belong to again? Yes I know your church feeds you the atheism is a religion lie and since you wish to pretend to be an agnostic may I suggest you start veering away from apologetic's arguments? It will at least make you seem relatively believable as an agnostic to new posters.

See? Factually crushing you every time. I have facts, you have straw men and emotion as all the other Christian posters.

I saved your life from that terminal disease it seems glad to help!:)
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>People do, sometimes, survive against the odds. I suspect that you wish I had died. You are a nasty person.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#293 Dec 14, 2012
And that is exactly what people need to get.
swerty wrote:
'Religion is based...mainly upon fear...fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race.'"
<quoted text>
Amused

North Brookfield, MA

#294 Dec 14, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I was refering to genocide. Genocide is not genocide if the victor claims that it is something else. What is the saying about who writes history?
That's why it is "How the West was won" and not the "Native American Holocaust".

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#295 Dec 15, 2012
At this time of year we should remember what Christmas was originally about.

Pagan fertility rites.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#296 Dec 15, 2012
swerty wrote:
At this time of year we should remember what Christmas was originally about.
Pagan fertility rites.
Sounds pornographic. If so, I am all for it. As long as I don't have to see fat people naked.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297 Dec 15, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You right, genocide is genocide. I was refering to how those that write the history books and how they dilute the wrongs of the victor. I was not agreeing with it, I stating that is how things were/are done. I am pretty sure that you knew that but couldn't resist being a jerk.
One of those so called history books is seen as the bible and in it it claims that all atheists are fools. So yes, after you hide in your church, you can write all kinds of crap about atheists and make your flock believe those lies..
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#298 Dec 16, 2012
You don't have to be naked yourself to see fat people.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds pornographic. If so, I am all for it. As long as I don't have to see fat people naked.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#299 Dec 16, 2012
Thinking wrote:
You don't have to be naked yourself to see fat people.
<quoted text>
lol. that is funny.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#300 Dec 16, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why it is "How the West was won" and not the "Native American Holocaust".
Exactly my point, thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 232,887
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 11 min havent forgotten 145
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 51 min Eagle 12 2,412
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 3 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 3 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 3 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 19 hr _Bad Company 23,198
More from around the web