6 Common Myths About Atheism

Nov 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

If you want to piss off an atheist, tell him or her that atheism is a religion just like any other.

Comments
261 - 280 of 294 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2012

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ah right on time the sad old Christian apologetic argument that atheism is a religion. Pssssst Nano your Christhole is showing again! Psssssst you are pretending to be an agnostic remember?

Glad to help the mentally deficient.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>When you congregate in a building and encourage people to think as you do while soliciting donations, you are in a cult, IOWs, religion.
Religion:(1)"The beliefs, attitudes, emotions, behavior, etc., constituting man's relationship with the powers and principles of the universe, especially (but not restricted to) with a deity or deities; also, any particular system of such beliefs, attitudes, etc.,(2)An essential part or a practical test of the spiritual life.(3)An object of conscientious devotion or scrupulous care: His work is a religion to him."
Abbr. rel[<OF<L religio,-onis <religare< re- back + ligare to bind]
Embed that.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Ah right on time the sad old Christian apologetic argument that atheism is a religion. Pssssst Nano your Christhole is showing again! Psssssst you are pretending to be an agnostic remember?
<quoted text>
You are the one who is a follower, I, OTOH, don't belong to any organization that tells me how to think.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You don't attend humanist/atheist meetings?
No. Why would I?

I know you ask Thinking the question.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't everybody?!!
xD
THat is what I heard.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You don't attend humanist/atheist meetings?
Like the Unitarian Universalists?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one who is a follower, I, OTOH, don't belong to any organization that tells me how to think.
"Liberty" follows the same line of arguing as Skeptic. They call everyone who doesn't agree with them 100% a godbot and then follow them around trying to defame them.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Thinking wrote:
Bollocks. Hitler was a christian leading a christian country.
<quoted text>
People only consider Hitler a bad man because he lost. If Hitler would have won the war perspectives on his atrocities would be different.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Like the Unitarian Universalists?
Well, there's that, too.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

What organization would that be? You Christian apologetics are so funny :))

Tell us again how you have less than a year to live because of a non treatable illness whoops they cured you last week!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one who is a follower, I, OTOH, don't belong to any organization that tells me how to think.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>"Liberty" follows the same line of arguing as Skeptic. They call everyone who doesn't agree with them 100% a godbot and then follow them around trying to defame them.
Predators of a feather flock together? They remind me of the mocking birds who hang out in my yard stalking my girl kitty, looking for any kind of revenge they can get. They swoop at her on the porch, plucking/grasping at her fur and she gets this sublimely happy look on her face, it looks suspiciously like pride in the fact that their hate reflects her superior skill in murdering their kin. She is a strange animal.:)

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
What organization would that be? You Christian apologetics are so funny :))
Tell us again how you have less than a year to live because of a non treatable illness whoops they cured you last week!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
People do, sometimes, survive against the odds. I suspect that you wish I had died. You are a nasty person.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Christianity is the worst offender
of atrocities against man kind than any other cause
Crooked liberal media wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a faith - like any other. Only its a dark faith. It's destructive and evil. Atheists have killed more people in the last century than all of the religious leaders throughout human history combined. That is an indictment of atheism...of atheist liberalism - an evil, leftwing radical world view with an inherent message of despair and meaninglessesness surrounding existence. Atheist liberalism has hundreds of millions of victims (past and present victims).
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I don't even know what "won" means in that context. I think Hitler would have brought as much lasting stability to Europe as Haliburton did to Iraq.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>People only consider Hitler a bad man because he lost. If Hitler would have won the war perspectives on his atrocities would be different.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I don't even know what "won" means in that context. I think Hitler would have brought as much lasting stability to Europe as Haliburton did to Iraq.
<quoted text>
"Won" in that context could be viewed as .. Let us say Hitler is the settling European colonists in North America and the Jews are the Native Americans. Who "won"?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

swerty wrote:
Christianity is the worst offender
of atrocities against man kind than any other cause<quoted text>
Since this is the MYTH thread are you saying that Christianity is good and has done a lot to promote mankind over any other cause?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Since this is the MYTH thread are you saying that Christianity is good and has done a lot to promote mankind over any other cause?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Predators of a feather flock together? They remind me of the mocking birds who hang out in my yard stalking my girl kitty, looking for any kind of revenge they can get. They swoop at her on the porch, plucking/grasping at her fur and she gets this sublimely happy look on her face, it looks suspiciously like pride in the fact that their hate reflects her superior skill in murdering their kin. She is a strange animal.:)
Well, here's a thought, stop posting BS and you wont get jumped on.

BTW put your kitty away nobody wants to see it.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

swerty wrote:
People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs. <quoted text>
I don't know if it is funny or sad that you still don't get it...
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Surely "won" in this context would've meant conquering Russia and much of Europe- and making the result stick for more than a couple of years.

The only upside I can see to this thought is that the Eastern European countries wouldn't necessarily been shat on by Russia for nearly 50 years.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>"Won" in that context could be viewed as .. Let us say Hitler is the settling European colonists in North America and the Jews are the Native Americans. Who "won"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Buck Crick 224,516
What does "Atheism" mean? 37 min Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 4 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 12 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 13 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 hr Growupchildren 21,401
•••
•••