6 Common Myths About Atheism

Nov 16, 2012 Full story: Truthdig 294

If you want to piss off an atheist, tell him or her that atheism is a religion just like any other.

Full Story

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#247 Dec 12, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
They worship the same god that you do.
<quoted text>
You know that they do allow women to get an education in America, right? You should take advantage of that.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#248 Dec 13, 2012
Aw someone has sand on her badge after being repeatedly proven wrong I see.

You see lil IQ there are these things called facts. If you collect some of these things you won't get repeatedly factually destroyed by myself and many others.

And wow recently you have been getting destroyed. I guess you need to vent the frustration. Go ahead and then ask your preacher to pray with you this Sunday ok? Ok :)
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You know that they do allow women to get an education in America, right? You should take advantage of that.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#249 Dec 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Aw someone has sand on her badge after being repeatedly proven wrong I see.
You see lil IQ there are these things called facts. If you collect some of these things you won't get repeatedly factually destroyed by myself and many others.
And wow recently you have been getting destroyed. I guess you need to vent the frustration. Go ahead and then ask your preacher to pray with you this Sunday ok? Ok :)
<quoted text>
Why would you use facts on a MYTH thread? Unless you think that MYTHs are Facts.. Do you need help with the difference?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#250 Dec 13, 2012
give up while your loosing, your just making your self, look like a dickhead on here
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you use facts on a MYTH thread? Unless you think that MYTHs are Facts.. Do you need help with the difference?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#251 Dec 13, 2012
swerty wrote:
give up while your loosing, your just making your self, look like a dickhead on here<quoted text>
You only say that because you want my d!ckhead, sicko.

Chicago, IL

#252 Dec 13, 2012
That was such a childish and feeble attempt at a comeback by the chumpstain. I think we broke that one.
swerty wrote:
give up while your loosing, your just making your self, look like a dickhead on here<quoted text>
apo

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#253 Dec 13, 2012
what r the non believers gonna have to say when they meet GOD face to face on judgement day..
i somehow doubt the words i dont believe in you anyhow will help on that great and terrible day..
i can pray for u now..not then..u should give it some serious..a lake of fire seperated from the Lord for ever will be terrible but its your futurs

Location hidden

#254 Dec 13, 2012
keep the good work up
Givemeliberty wrote:
That was such a childish and feeble attempt at a comeback by the chumpstain. I think we broke that one.
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#255 Dec 13, 2012
And your people have been waiting 2000 years for that terrible day even though Jesus told children sitting at his feet that the end was coming so soon that some of them would never see death.

Any 2000 year old Palestinians running around? If not Jesus was wrong.
apo wrote:
what r the non believers gonna have to say when they meet GOD face to face on judgement day..
i somehow doubt the words i dont believe in you anyhow will help on that great and terrible day..
i can pray for u now..not then..u should give it some serious..a lake of fire seperated from the Lord for ever will be terrible but its your futurs

Location hidden

#256 Dec 13, 2012
Everything in the christian bible was taken from Ancient Pagan Texts that pre-dated it by thousands of years. This has been proven time and time again, and is becoming harder and harder for christians to deny. By examining various Ancient Pagan Texts and comparing the epics and stories within with the bible, it can be clearly seen how the bible has simply copied these texts, only changing a few minor details such as the names of people or places.

Ofcourse, there is one question that is bound to arise. How can we be certain that christianity copied from the Pagans, and not the other way around? Well, first, the Pagan Texts predated the christian Texts by some good 1000 years. This rules out any possibility of the Pagan's having copied from the christians. Even in the bible, it states that christianity came long after Paganism.

One good example of this copying of Text is the story of "Noah's Ark". A very similar epic appeared some thousands of years before the bible in Ancient Sumeria. Only, in the Ancient Sumerian Epic, Enki (The God of Science and Engineering) appeared to Ziusudra and instructed him to build a boat that would be able to withstand a large wave of water, as some of the other Gods had been planning to let humanity suffer in the coming deluge. Enki also instructed Ziusudra to take onto the boat the "seeds of life", so that after the flood, life could be sustained on earth once again.
This epic appeared thousands of years before "Noah's Ark" of the bible.
There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.
"Jewish monotheism was stolen from Egyptian Akhenaton

The Jewish creation was stolen from the Egyptian Creation ¹

The Jewish Yahweh's use of the word to create was stolen from the Egyptians (Jewish Yaweh replaces Ptah)²

"Let there be Light" was stolen from the Theban Creation epic.³

The "firmament in the midst of the waters…" was stolen from the Egyptian Creation4

Adam and Eve were stolen from the Egyptian Geb and Nut 5

Eve coming from Adam's rib was stolen from the Epic of Enki and
apo wrote:

Lexington, KY

#257 Dec 13, 2012
Cheers but really it was nothing. Goofball believers will be goofball believers I do notice more and more pulling the agnostic card but then go right back to arguing like an apologetic and think nobody will catch on.

So silly :))
swerty wrote:
keep the good work up<quoted text>

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#258 Dec 13, 2012
Like every other religion, atheism also seems to own a large share of the mentally deficient in society.

Location hidden

#259 Dec 13, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You only say that because you want my d!ckhead, sicko.
Doesn't everybody?!!

xD
Thinking

Andover, UK

#260 Dec 13, 2012
That's a mentally deficient argument. Atheism is not a religion.
nanoanomaly wrote:
Like every other religion, atheism also seems to own a large share of the mentally deficient in society.
Crooked liberal media

Kent, WA

#261 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a faith - like any other. Only its a dark faith. It's destructive and evil. Atheists have killed more people in the last century than all of the religious leaders throughout human history combined. That is an indictment of atheism...of atheist liberalism - an evil, leftwing radical world view with an inherent message of despair and meaninglessesness surrounding existence. Atheist liberalism has hundreds of millions of victims (past and present victims).
Thinking

Andover, UK

#262 Dec 13, 2012
Bollocks. Hitler was a christian leading a christian country.
Crooked liberal media wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a faith - like any other. Only its a dark faith. It's destructive and evil. Atheists have killed more people in the last century than all of the religious leaders throughout human history combined. That is an indictment of atheism...of atheist liberalism - an evil, leftwing radical world view with an inherent message of despair and meaninglessesness surrounding existence. Atheist liberalism has hundreds of millions of victims (past and present victims).

Location hidden

#263 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
When you congregate in a building and encourage people to think as you do while soliciting donations, you are in a cult, IOWs, religion.

Religion:(1)"The beliefs, attitudes, emotions, behavior, etc., constituting man's relationship with the powers and principles of the universe, especially (but not restricted to) with a deity or deities; also, any particular system of such beliefs, attitudes, etc.,(2)An essential part or a practical test of the spiritual life.(3)An object of conscientious devotion or scrupulous care: His work is a religion to him."

Abbr. rel[<OF<L religio,-onis <religare< re- back + ligare to bind]

Embed that.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#264 Dec 13, 2012
I don't.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>When you congregate in a building and encourage people to think as you do while soliciting donations, you are in a cult, IOWs, religion.
Religion:(1)"The beliefs, attitudes, emotions, behavior, etc., constituting man's relationship with the powers and principles of the universe, especially (but not restricted to) with a deity or deities; also, any particular system of such beliefs, attitudes, etc.,(2)An essential part or a practical test of the spiritual life.(3)An object of conscientious devotion or scrupulous care: His work is a religion to him."
Abbr. rel[<OF<L religio,-onis <religare< re- back + ligare to bind]
Embed that.

Location hidden

#265 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I don't.
<quoted text>
You don't attend humanist/atheist meetings?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#266 Dec 13, 2012
Such as?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You don't attend humanist/atheist meetings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min superwilly 228,531
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 32 min Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 2 hr Patrick 3
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Richardfs 5,584
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Richardfs 674

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE