6 Common Myths About Atheism

Nov 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

If you want to piss off an atheist, tell him or her that atheism is a religion just like any other.

Comments
181 - 200 of 294 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2012
Occupy this

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>America ay be going down the tubes but I doubt that there are going to be mandatory solar powered bicycles coming with it.
The bicycles comment was a joke.

America is being deliberately destroyed...and with it, your future...everyone's future.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

building a religion on a 13 year old girl getting pregnan, by some sky fairy,didnt religion put two planes in the twin towers
You didnt build that wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
You nailed the essence of the atheist-liberal fraud. They would like to seperate themselves from reality itself. And why? Why, to make an attempt to sit on the sidelines of the real world in order to safely justify attacking people of religious faith. Atheists would be unable to justify such attacks if they were to admit that their atheism is also rooted in faith...But we all know that it is rooted in faith.
A impact of such a dark faith is all bad - just all bad. Atheist-liberals have killed more people in less that a century, than all of the religious leaders through-out all of human history put together. Atheist liberal culture in America has destroyed our country. Atheist-liberalism is a social cancer.
What should we expect from a faith whose inherant message is that life is meaningless, and morality is nothing more than an idea?
Occupy this

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

swerty wrote:
building a religion on a 13 year old girl getting pregnan, by some sky fairy,didnt religion put two planes in the twin towers<quoted text>
You athiests must be a product of Obama's liberal education system. Illiterate and dumb. Check your punctuation there sport.

Arab ego put 2 planes into the twin towers chump.

You want to know who the real killers are? Look in the mirror dumb ass. Atheists have killed more people in less than a century (the 20th century) than all of the world's religious leaders throughout human history combined - including Islam.

You atheists are the arm-pit of the human race.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Oh fudge nuggets. Not this crap again...
Everyone knows how this "discussion" is going to go.
Go go Godwin.
Occupy this

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
Oh fudge nuggets. Not this crap again...
Everyone knows how this "discussion" is going to go.
Go go Godwin.
Don't worry little girl. Soon enough, you won't be able to discuss much of anything on the internet...not unless you have permission - with every comment you wish to make first being cleared for publishing.

Just ask DENG how it works...He's a gay communist from China...in case you didn't know...a topix regular representing Red China.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry little girl. Soon enough, you won't be able to discuss much of anything on the internet...not unless you have permission - with every comment you wish to make first being cleared for publishing.
Just ask DENG how it works...He's a gay communist from China...in case you didn't know...a topix regular representing Red China.
These discussions are currently going on in the United Nations

FORTUNE -- The bureaucrats at the United Nations, prodded by developing countries and exemplars of democracy like Russia and China, have hit on an enticing new way to control global communication and commerce: They want to regulate the Internet.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/05/30/united...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Why is it called "The Theory Of Evolution" when the evidence is all around us yet the bible is called "The Gospel" and there is no proof at all?
Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
You athiests must be a product of Obama's liberal education system. Illiterate and dumb. Check your punctuation there sport.
You want to know who the real killers are? Look in the mirror dumb ass. Atheists have killed more people in less than a century (the 20th century) than all of the world's religious leaders throughout human history combined - including Islam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

What's thicker than the bible?

The people that preach it
Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Buck.
And what these lightweights don't seem to understand is the overall impact on society that their atheist faith has on themselves and on others. Society is falling apart because of atheist liberalism.
When a man believes he's nothing more than a hairless monkey, is more likely to act like a monkey. If a man believes morality is nothing more than ideas dreamed up by groups of people, he's more likely to ignore moral choices.
Your average atheist does not seem to possess the intellectual capacity to understand the obvious. That's why they can only respond to these issues with off topic attacks about a specific religion or the origins of morals.
These atheists are both dimwitted and of poor character. They all sound the same too. Even the author of this article strikes me as childish and stupid. If they weren't so pathetically sad, I would say they are without question, the lowest possible form of human life.
Wrong on all counts.

This is Topix. You get a do over and over and over and over to be wrong. Break a leg :)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad that you get it. Sometimes I wish that people would remove the plank from their asses before they attempt to shove it in mine.
I'm against planks in asses when the ass objects.

I'm glad you get it.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Religion needs censorship to survive.
Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and the radical leftists in our government are planning on doing something similar to the entire population of the USA. They're going to heard everyone into cities, take away their cars and give them solar powered bicycles made by Solyendra....Something about wanting save the planet, by destroying America as we know it - by eliminating freedom and capitalism
Feel free to speak in your native language.

It would be much easier to translate that than what you just wrote.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<sigh>
What happened to posting myths?
Missionaries only like it Christian style.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Missionaries only like it Christian style.
Dats funny, thanks.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Global warming is caused by cow farts..
Wait, what?
http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/mamm...
ok ummm...
There is a beer made with bull balls..
uh oh...
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-10-09/ne...
how about...
Atheists make up 75% of NickleBack's fanbase which is directly responsible for 66.66% of all hate crimes in America during the last 4 months of 2010.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Rogue Shakers were carriers of Parkinson's disease.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Yes because RT is a lesbian. Your claim was completely wrong and you know it. Each and every atheist are liberals and gay?

We have several right leaning atheists on the board and only two homosexual atheists.

As usual you are wrong. Way wrong, it's just a fact.

For me the fog of superstitious thinking has been lifted and I have a breathtaking view of a better world.

Enjoy your church and Faux News.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad that you get it. Sometimes I wish that people would remove the plank from their asses before they attempt to shove it in mine.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Is there someone holding a gun on you forcing you to stay?

If not feel free to move to Somalia the right wing libertarian paradise.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>America ay be going down the tubes but I doubt that there are going to be mandatory solar powered bicycles coming with it.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
Ew! Wouldn't you rather have a fresh plank?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I don't claim to be an a-theist no more than I claim to be an a-astrologist, or an a-gnomist, or ....
That a label theists use to define everybody who does not hold a belief that one or more deities exist.
I am a non-theists, true enough, but that only tell you what I'm not. A more accurate description of what I'm not would include that I'm also a theological noncognitivist.
On the positive side, I am a Humanist, which tells you a lot more about what I am.
Why are all the theists who post in here always so negative? Is it just you nature to be vindictive?
What is your birth language?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Introducing The Universal Religion 3 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Reason Personified 247
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Aura Mytha 224,514
What does "Atheism" mean? 10 hr Patrick 34
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 11 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 12 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 hr Growupchildren 21,401
•••
•••