The Problem With Trying On Atheism

The Problem With Trying On Atheism

There are 5 comments on the Christianity Today story from Jan 9, 2014, titled The Problem With Trying On Atheism. In it, Christianity Today reports that:

Ever since A.J. Jacobs's The Year of Living Biblically , we've watched people take on - and write about - their annual religious challenges, both the spiritually significant and the gimmicky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christianity Today.

Campbell

Kingston, TN

#1 Jan 11, 2014
Give it up...it's a fairy tale and it's embraced by the ignorant and those who need a crutch to deal with every day affairs in their life.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#2 Jan 12, 2014
Campbell wrote:
Give it up...it's a fairy tale and it's embraced by the ignorant and those who need a crutch to deal with every day affairs in their life.
I ASK. Why say that when it completely wastes you time. What you saying won't work like magic and poof, I'm a atheist. Give up your nagging, and seek truth.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#3 Jan 13, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I ASK. Why say that when it completely wastes you time. What you saying won't work like magic and poof, I'm a atheist. Give up your nagging, and seek truth.
No truth found in religion,creationism,ID,
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#4 Jan 13, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I ASK. Why say that when it completely wastes you time. What you saying won't work like magic and poof, I'm a atheist. Give up your nagging, and seek truth.
You must prove truth before you encourage hungry dogs to chase it.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#5 Jan 13, 2014
From a believer's point of view, the problem with trying on atheism is how hard it will be to go back to living a fantasy once you have experienced reality. It would be like an adult trying to believe in Santa Claus again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min The Northener 51,768
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 15 min Rev Cash Dollar 201
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 5,799
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 22,125
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 1,657
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 11,409
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr scientia potentia... 24,688
More from around the web