Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1308 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody has to judge humankind. I would rather a God who understands me be my judge, not some human who can be easily corrupted. "You will not allow your Holy One to see corruption".
Someone HAS to judge humankind?

Why?

You seem to be having trouble with this relatively simple question.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1309 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe in original sin, that is a Christian myth. Only the wicked continue to sin and never repent. God looked on his creation and saw that it was good, not perfect. There's no such thing as perfection. God is only human, we were created in his image and likeness.
God is only human?

So you worship another human?

You're terrible at this.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#1310 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Time will tell Polymath. We'll all find out. I have seen so much scripture literally fulfilled, I know the rest of it will also happen. Read Isaiah 19, it's about Egypt.
I would advise you to visit Egypt, in particular The Valley of the Kings, Luxor. Also the catacombs in Rome.

Your hero 'MOSES' does not exist in Egyptian history.

As you 'the tourist' view the beautiful things of antiquity, the tour guides will gladly provide their countries ancient history... guess whom is noticeably absent?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1311 May 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We can test this hypothesis by introducing a food blender to the internals of your cranium, as long as you're perfectly willing to submit yourself to an impromptu unlicensed medical procedure? If you come back as a ghost and tap me on the shoulder we'll know I was wrong.
And if, after blended, his brain begins reorganizing and self-replicating, then the materialist viewpoint will be vindicated.

After all, you did say all that is required for life is physics and chemistry.

These are available in your local bookstore.

Let us know how it pans out.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1312 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody has to judge humankind. I would rather a God who understands me be my judge, not some human who can be easily corrupted.
Stupid baseless assumption.

There's no such thing as god.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#1313 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe in original sin, that is a Christian myth.
So what is your religion?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1314 May 15, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And if, after blended, his brain begins reorganizing and self-replicating, then the materialist viewpoint will be vindicated.
After all, you did say all that is required for life is physics and chemistry.
These are available in your local bookstore.
Let us know how it pans out.
Creationist who doesn't know that 2005 Palin election is over and that the discovery institute lost their bid for the presidency.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1315 May 15, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone HAS to judge humankind?
Why?
You seem to be having trouble with this relatively simple question.
We will be judged to see if we passed the test. We're given about seventy years on this earth and the direction our spirit takes after death depends on the condition of our soul (body). Those who live in sin will die in sin. The righteous have hope in their death. There is coming a time when God will bring his law of life to the earth. "For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem".

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1316 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>We will be judged to see if we passed the test. We're given about seventy years on this earth and the direction our spirit takes after death depends on the condition of our soul (body). Those who live in sin will die in sin. The righteous have hope in their death. There is coming a time when God will bring his law of life to the earth. "For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem".
Okay, you've officially shown that you have no knowledge on this subject.

The question is simple - why must mankind be judged by any god?

You cannot answer or you realize that there is no answer.

Carry on.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1317 May 15, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
God is only human?
So you worship another human?
You're terrible at this.
We were created in the image and likeness of God and it's always been Gods intent to live on earth. God is a Spirit and would take on a soul (body) in the last days. God needs to experience life the way his creation has, God will return to spirit form and live forever.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#1318 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>We will be judged to see if we passed the test...
There is no proper evidence for this. When you die nothing happens. Its exactly the same as before you were conceived i.e. nothing, as you do not exist. That is the reality.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1319 May 15, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise you to visit Egypt, in particular The Valley of the Kings, Luxor. Also the catacombs in Rome.
Your hero 'MOSES' does not exist in Egyptian history.
As you 'the tourist' view the beautiful things of antiquity, the tour guides will gladly provide their countries ancient history... guess whom is noticeably absent?
Pharoah said to Moses he would erase him from the history of Egypt. Just because there's no record of him doesn't mean he didn't exist. Egypt was also sorely defeated at the Red sea, I wouldn't want to remember and recount that either, it would just give validity to belief in the God of Israel.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1320 May 15, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your religion?
I thought I was Jewish, but I've been told by Jews that I'm not. I know I'm not ethnically Jewish. I practice the truth Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground, and it practiced and prospered".
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#1321 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Pharoah said to Moses he would erase him from the history of Egypt. Just because there's no record of him doesn't mean he didn't exist. Egypt was also sorely defeated at the Red sea, I wouldn't want to remember and recount that either, it would just give validity to belief in the God of Israel.
I suppose you now realize that you have validated the 'Wizard of Oz' exactly as your savior.

As you've said: "Just because there's no record of him doesn't mean he didn't exist"

Cheers
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#1322 May 15, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you've officially shown that you have no knowledge on this subject.
The question is simple - why must mankind be judged by any god?
You cannot answer or you realize that there is no answer.
Carry on.
I thought I answered your question several times. Only the righteous will enter heaven. If we haven't made atonement for our sin, we will die in our sin. Heaven is the domain of God and he cannot abide with sin and wickedness.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#1323 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I thought I was Jewish, but I've been told by Jews that I'm not...
The tribal God of the old testament is a revolting Deity. I would not want anything to do with religious people who identify themselves with such nonsense.

However the majority of Jews are secular and humanist and have no interest in religion. From what I have read, there are no Jewish population near here.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#1324 May 15, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, at what point will you admit you are wrong if nothing happens? The end of 2014? The end of 2015?
Religion More like the end of Infinity or when I die and go to heaven.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1325 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Pharoah said to Moses he would erase him from the history of Egypt. Just because there's no record of him doesn't mean he didn't exist. Egypt was also sorely defeated at the Red sea, I wouldn't want to remember and recount that either, it would just give validity to belief in the God of Israel.
Prove any of the unproven rubbish that comes out of your keyboard & cult.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1326 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I thought I was Jewish, but I've been told by Jews that I'm not. I know I'm not ethnically Jewish. I practice the truth Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground, and it practiced and prospered".
you're a human being like everyone else on the planet. accept it and move on.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1327 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I thought I answered your question several times. Only the righteous will enter heaven. If we haven't made atonement for our sin, we will die in our sin. Heaven is the domain of God and he cannot abide with sin and wickedness.
Stop lying about heaven and god, none of it is real.

Atheists are not motivated by the hallucinations of mentally ill creationists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Aura Mytha 236,984
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 47 min fadu singh 9,265
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 51 min Thinking 18,099
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 54 min Thinking 14,518
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Thinking 66
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr Thinking 1,162
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr woodtick57 6,485
More from around the web