Is the bible a fairy tale?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3217 Jul 15, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>OK, so if some ancestor of each was able to hybridize, then they are of the same 'kind'.

So, how can we determine whether a species we only know through fossil evidence is of the same kind as a modern species? For example, the miacids are, according to standard science, an ancestor of both dogs and cats. Does that mean that dogs and cats are of the same 'kind'?
No, it means your guess that dogs and cats have a common ancestor is simple wrong.

Location hidden

#3218 Jul 15, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that question is going to be way to hard for them to answer lol.
Hmmm

Ya real tough. LOL

Dolt.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#3219 Jul 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it means your guess that dogs and cats have a common ancestor is simple wrong.
Dogs and Cats came from different planets huh?

Location hidden

#3220 Jul 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Dogs and Cats came from different planets huh?
Aura your kids are using your computer again.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#3221 Jul 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off then kid.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3222 Jul 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a guess.

It **is** based on sound DNA evidence, however.

DNA which you not only do not understand? But are incapable of understanding at even the most basic level.

Again: Is Francis Collins a christian?

Yes or no?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3223 Jul 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Francis Collins a christian or not?

Yes or no-- a simple question.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3224 Jul 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
And how would you establish that? So, for example, why do you assume that miacids are NOT common ancestors to dogs and cats? Perhaps the 'kind' is simple more encompassing than you thought. You are willing to consider lions and housecats to be the same 'kind'. Why not all carnivores? How do you know there wasn't an extinct ancestor that all could hybridize with (to use your definition of kind)?

Location hidden

#3225 Jul 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you choose to have faith in your "god"...we choose to believe in the evidence that has been found in science. If you choose to not agree that science found miacids to be the common ancestor to cats and dogs then that does not make it wrong...that just means that you choose to ignore the information in front of you. As with most information that is put in front of you I can guess.

Location hidden

#3226 Jul 15, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm
Ya real tough. LOL
Dolt.
LOL...and it was really tough I guess cause the only thing you could do was say that the statement that miacids were a common ancestor was wrong. You couldn't, even hypothetically, give an answer to their question. The only thing you are interested in is arguing. You should go back to your christian forum and talk with your friends there.

Location hidden

#3227 Jul 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And how would you establish that? So, for example, why do you assume that miacids are NOT common ancestors to dogs and cats? Perhaps the 'kind' is simple more encompassing than you thought. You are willing to consider lions and housecats to be the same 'kind'. Why not all carnivores? How do you know there wasn't an extinct ancestor that all could hybridize with (to use your definition of kind)?
Because I do not believe in the evolution myth.

You can understand that can't you?

Location hidden

#3229 Jul 16, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...and it was really tough I guess cause the only thing you could do was say that the statement that miacids were a common ancestor was wrong. You couldn't, even hypothetically, give an answer to their question. The only thing you are interested in is arguing. You should go back to your christian forum and talk with your friends there.
Ok

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#3230 Jul 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very disturbed and cannot differentiate myth from hypothesis and theory, and there is a huge difference. No It is hard to understand how someone can reject logical thinking and twist it into a fatalistic mythology, doomed to evaporate with only minimal study in the reality of the verified sciences. In short you live in a fragile dream world and alternate reality of your own making and just a pin prick will destroy it in this reality.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3231 Jul 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Francis Collins does accept evolution is true.

He is a Christian.

Obviously, the god **he** believes in is much SMARTER than the god YOU believe in...!

Too funny!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3232 Jul 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand that. What I am asking for is a justification of that belief. Under *your* system, how do you determine when two species (recognizing that species and kinds may be different) have a common ancestor? In particular, how do you determine when two modern species are of the same kind? What observations can be made for that determination? Now, take it to the next level and ask how to determine when a modern species and an extinct species are of the same kind.

For example, you claim (no evidence) that all cats are of the same kind. So lions and housecats have, according to you, a common ancestor. Now, let's ask about saber toothed tigers. Did *they* have a common ancestor with lions and housecats? How about the *other* extinct cat species we know about from the fossil record?

Next, are all bears of the same kind? How would you determine this? How about other species of bears that are extinct? Were they also of the 'bear kind'? How would you determine this?

Just to be clear, these are *minimal* questions required for your position to be taken seriously as a science.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3233 Jul 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how do miacids fit in? Is there a separate 'miacid kind'?

Location hidden

#3234 Jul 16, 2013
Hey Popular Science named where I work as the number one Nerd road trip in America.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3235 Jul 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Hey Popular Science named where I work as the number one Nerd road trip in America.
Dr Francis Collins does accept evolution is true.

He is a Christian.

Or do you deny his own confession of being a believer?

Location hidden

#3236 Jul 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I understand that. What I am asking for is a justification of that belief. Under *your* system, how do you determine when two species (recognizing that species and kinds may be different) have a common ancestor? In particular, how do you determine when two modern species are of the same kind? What observations can be made for that determination? Now, take it to the next level and ask how to determine when a modern species and an extinct species are of the same kind.

For example, you claim (no evidence) that all cats are of the same kind. So lions and housecats have, according to you, a common ancestor. Now, let's ask about saber toothed tigers. Did *they* have a common ancestor with lions and housecats? How about the *other* extinct cat species we know about from the fossil record?

Next, are all bears of the same kind? How would you determine this? How about other species of bears that are extinct? Were they also of the 'bear kind'? How would you determine this?

Just to be clear, these are *minimal* questions required for your position to be taken seriously as a science.
Yup all cats saber tooth's included

Yup all real bears and pigs one Kind not Pandas they are not bears of course.

Where did time come from?
How did such a strange thing spring
Into existence without time already existing? Oh yea your deity "uncaused"

Location hidden

#3237 Jul 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Then how do miacids fit in? Is there a separate 'miacid kind'?
The Weasel kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Science 78,476
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 32,431
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 1,314
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web