Is the bible a fairy tale?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#3053 Jun 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even saying that anyone *claims* animals came from plants is serious brain damage.
Is about the same as saying humans came from a worm. Idiocy

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3054 Jun 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>You flatter me, but wouldn't you prefer to have an original thought of your own?
Why?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3055 Jun 27, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
An honest theist would say "I'm an idiot for thinking plants come from animals, why on earth did I try to lie to atheists and claim that they believe animals come from plants? That was both foolish and dishonest on my part. I should not have lied to atheists in order to convert them to my hate-cult"

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3056 Jun 30, 2013
Thinking wrote: You flatter me, but wouldn't you prefer to have an original thought of your own?
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
This, for me, says all that needs to be said about the fundamentalist position: when asked whether they would prefer to have an original thought, they ask why.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Location hidden

#3057 Jun 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Even saying that anyone *claims* animals came from plants is serious brain damage.
So you are now claiming that Plants came from animal life?

Location hidden

#3058 Jun 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>[QUOTE]Thinking wrote: You flatter me, but wouldn't you prefer to have an original thought of your own?"

This, for me, says all that needs to be said about the fundamentalist position: when asked whether they would prefer to have an original thought, they ask why.

Wow. Just. Wow.
Why?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#3059 Jun 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Life had a set of blocks to build itself with, over time the number of blocks grew so a few different blocks became millions of different type blocks.
Plants and all life including humans share some of the same original blocks but much more different evolved blocks, with humans having many newer and many different blocks than the early life forms.
Modern plants also share a few identical blocks as humans, but many different and even different than all other building blocks in the animal branch of the tree of life.

Think of it this way, the self assembling lego set has blocks that changes shape and color over time as well as multiplies and it's offspring blocks change color and shape over time.
It builds things that change shape and color inside and out over time and has offspring that changes shape inside and out over time.

More wasted attempt to let you grasp something you not only don't want to, but most likely are incapable of.

Location hidden

#3060 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Life had a set of blocks to build itself with, over time the number of blocks grew so a few different blocks became millions of different type blocks.
Plants and all life including humans share some of the same original blocks but much more different evolved blocks, with humans having many newer and many different blocks than the early life forms.
Modern plants also share a few identical blocks as humans, but many different and even different than all other building blocks in the animal branch of the tree of life.

Think of it this way, the self assembling lego set has blocks that changes shape and color over time as well as multiplies and it's offspring blocks change color and shape over time.
It builds things that change shape and color inside and out over time and has offspring that changes shape inside and out over time.

More wasted attempt to let you grasp something you not only don't want to, but most likely are incapable of.
So what you're saying is a cow and a bull got hungry and got together to make some grass in the hay?

Location hidden

#3061 Jun 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is a cow and a bull got hungry and got together to make some grass in the hay?
Denying evolution is like denying you took a sh*t today.

You can deny it all you like, but your sh*t is evidence of evolution.

Location hidden

#3062 Jun 30, 2013
Creationists probably try and constipate themselves in roder to stop creating more evidence for evolution...

Location hidden

#3063 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Denying evolution is like denying you took a sh*t today.

You can deny it all you like, but your sh*t is evidence of evolution.
-Skeptic-"]Goodbye everyone. I hope you all find yourselves out there whatever you are looking for. I will however be taking retirement.

There's no such thing as god, there never has and there never will be.

I am changing the password to my account so will not be using it anymore, but it will still be there, preserving all the conversation.

If you want to contact me, you can leave your email in this thread.

Bye!

Location hidden

#3064 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
-Skeptic-"]Goodbye everyone. I hope you all find yourselves out there whatever you are looking for. I will however be taking retirement.
There's no such thing as god, there never has and there never will be.
I am changing the password to my account so will not be using it anymore, but it will still be there, preserving all the conversation.
If you want to contact me, you can leave your email in this thread.
Bye!
Another opportunity to prove the god you are lying about wasted.

I guess now that civilised means (proper reasoning and presenting evidence) is gone you'll just have to spam and troll to spread your creationist your cult instead...

Location hidden

#3065 Jul 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>An honest theist would say "I'm an idiot for thinking plants come from animals, why on earth did I try to lie to atheists and claim that they believe animals come from plants? That was both foolish and dishonest on my part. I should not have lied to atheists in order to convert them to my hate-cult"
What do you believe?

Oh ya "Nothing"

Location hidden

#3066 Jul 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Another opportunity to prove the god you are lying about wasted.

I guess now that civilised means (proper reasoning and presenting evidence) is gone you'll just have to spam and troll to spread your creationist your cult instead...
Why?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3067 Jul 1, 2013
The Buybull is full of it. It has plants growing before there is sun, so we can dismiss it as the inerrant word of god before we finish the first chapter.

Location hidden

#3068 Jul 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
The Buybull is full of it. It has plants growing before there is sun, so we can dismiss it as the inerrant word of god before we finish the first chapter.
Buybull the great book on evolution!

B - bull crap
U - unproven theory
Y - yelled from the roof tops
B - beseeching all to listen to an
U - unscientific
L - loony toon
L - lie

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3069 Jul 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Buybull the great book on evolution!
B - bull crap
U - unproven theory
Y - yelled from the roof tops
B - beseeching all to listen to an
U - unscientific
L - loony toon
L - lie
How can an adult living in the 21st Century not believe in evolution? Can you tell me why you don't?
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#3070 Jul 1, 2013
However one views creation, the Unmighty Twart needs to explain why most christian's belief in Evolution is wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/4588...
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult living in the 21st Century not believe in evolution? Can you tell me why you don't?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3073 Jul 2, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your poor attempt at humor just shows you don't really want to learn. Cows, bulls, hay, and grass are all multi-cellular organisms.

Once again, the earliest plants were single-celled species. What happened was that a single-celled protist (eucaryotic--so complex single-celled) developed a symbiotic relationship to a species of bacterium that was able to do photosynthesis. The bacterium was engulfed by the 'animal' but not digested. We can see the results today in the chloroplasts in plant cells. Did you know that the chloroplasts have their own DNA that is very different than that of the plant itself? And that this DNA has a structure similar to that of bacteria? Oh, and the same goes for the mitochondria inside both plant and animal cells?

Whether protists are classified as animals or not depends on the classification scheme used. In any case, animals and plants are both derived from single-celled ancestors.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3074 Jul 2, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Both plants and animals came from single-celled ancestors called protists. You do realize that there are other forms of life than just animals and plants, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 1 hr wondering 10
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr replaytime 67,566
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 28,712
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Eagle 12 3,559
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
More from around the web