Is the bible a fairy tale?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3033 Jun 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>So your proof - sorry, the spam you cut and pasted from a fundie Christian website - that there was enough water for the flood...

...comes from the bible?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Priceless....
Yup

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#3034 Jun 25, 2013
I've seen those with Down's Syndrome do this a lot.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#3035 Jun 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen those with Down's Syndrome do this a lot.
Yes I know I copied and pasted it from Just Thinking.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#3036 Jun 25, 2013
Why?
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3037 Jun 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
In other words, there is no proof for your myth.

Thanks.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#3038 Jun 25, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple choice question.
1.Are you stupid and lying.
or
2. Are you a stupid liar.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#3039 Jun 25, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to wonder the same thing... God + Insight + Wisdom = Understanding
It has to do with sin, and our forefathers. Bob, work with me on this, and I feel you will come out with a bit more knowledge & understanding on why this is...
As I have traveled around the globe, and have seen other ways...we are fortunate to have been born in this country... truly.
We see this in the many idols created throughout human history and in many different cultures where they 'exchanged' the truth about God for a lie, and worshipped and served/created things rather than the Creator.(Rom 1:25).
It has all started with one sin, and multiplied itself all the way down...
Hinduism/Santana Dharma, which I have learned is the, eternal spiritual path, spiritual coming from God, or a made-up God... began about 4000 years ago in India.
It was the religion of an ancient people known as the Aryans, or noble people whose philosophy, religion, and customs are recorded in their sacred texts known as the Vedas.
These texts were initially handed down by word of mouth from teacher to student. It was not until much later that they were actually written down.
*All of this was twisted from the 'original truths' from our Creator God (God Head).
Sin = twist God's words = confusion = non belief... I understand ..
I understand completely... That is why there are so many of believers like me trying to go out and preach the gospel to the world...
In other words, what sin and the evil one has done, we are trying to undo... Yes, it must be done with 'Love' or you've got nothing. You also have a free will/choice to make the final decision..
I do have a more info about 'Hindu, if you like... I am just trying to simplify it...
I would like to eventually clarify Scientific reasoning as well... I love Science! God's fingerprints are on everything... I will back up my words with Scientific data.:)
Have a nice day... I do have to run, literally. Been here too long already. Will log back on tonight... Maybe you'll be here...
Have a nice day!!!
Hello there, stranger. We have not met before, but I read your posts and was genuinely intrigued by them. Science is a wonderful thing, is it not? One can learn so much from looking at ancient history, and surely the Bible is a historical record that is valuable to some parts of history. Some parts of it are true, others are not.

Religion is indeed something many people have believed in different forms over the thousands of years that humans have been around, but just as many have not believed in religion. All the different cultures should be respected, but to a certain extent. When they start abusing children or torturing non-believers for the sake of their god, then they must be called out on for it.

I myself used to be religious, and then I changed to an atheist or agnostic. I consider myself an agnostic now, but I am still interested in reading about different cultures and different religions. Thus, when I came across your posts, I was genuinely surprised. Most of the religious people I have met on here have been quite, well, egotistical, mean, and nasty. You seem....different from the others.

So, can we converse even if we have differing opinions about what created the world? Some of my fellow atheists would say no, but I prefer to disagree. The name is Lelouch, my friend.

Location hidden

#3040 Jun 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Why not?

Location hidden

#3041 Jun 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, there is no proof for your myth.

Thanks.
No proof for your 3 myths......

Your 3 BIG Myths:

1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3042 Jun 26, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 3 BIG Myths:
and created everything.
Yes-- that **is** a myth. NO scientist-- ever-- claims this ludicrous bit of your idiocy.

But.

**ALL** True Believers™ such as yourself, DO claim that your god magicked the universe up from ... nothing.

So I can see where you got confused...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3043 Jun 26, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
Yes--- that is another myth.

NO scientist EVER made such a ludicrous claim as you said above.

But.

You True Believers™ do believe that your god magicked water into wine.

So it is easy how you would be confused, here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3044 Jun 26, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Again? Nobody claims this.

Animals evolved from bacteria, not plants you moron.

But you think your god made GREEN plants BEFORE THE SUN.

So it's easy to see why you are all confused.

Sad for you.

Really.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#3045 Jun 26, 2013
You flatter me, but wouldn't you prefer to have an original thought of your own?
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3046 Jun 27, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 3 BIG Myths:
and created everything.
Ton of hard evidence for this. ZERO evidence for your bible god or anyother. TONS of evidence against your bible god or any other.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
All evidence shows its true. It's fucking observable.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded? If you knew what evolution was, you'd understand that 3) is f*cking stupid sentence. Plants to do not evolve into animals and they did not have a common ancestor.

It is your poor education and arrogance that results in this intellectual creationist disaster.
Nothing worse than a dumb person who thinks they are right.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3047 Jun 27, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
You're a victim of really bad education. Its not even your faul that you are creationist - maybe you're just that stupid.

I suppose it takes some intelligence to try to argue back, but saying animals came from plants is some serious brain damage on your part.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3048 Jun 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a victim of really bad education. Its not even your faul that you are creationist - maybe you're just that stupid.
I suppose it takes some intelligence to try to argue back, but saying animals came from plants is some serious brain damage on your part.
Even saying that anyone *claims* animals came from plants is serious brain damage.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#3049 Jun 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even saying that anyone *claims* animals came from plants is serious brain damage.
But several hundred million years ago they had a common ancestor?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3050 Jun 27, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure of the exact timing. I'm guessing it is closer to a billion to 1.5 billion years ago. But yes, they did have a common eucaryotic ancestor.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3051 Jun 27, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
It should also be pointed out that the ancestor was one-celled.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#3052 Jun 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It should also be pointed out that the ancestor was one-celled.
Thanks. Nice to learn something today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 min Regolith Based Li... 27,313
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Subduction Zone 58,257
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 2 hr Pence of Tides 54
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 hr Dogen 1,945
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 5 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 167
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 7 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,947
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr IB DaMann 5,963
More from around the web