|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you feel obliged to post a load of old bollocks?
It was suggested that there was no evidence of Noah's flood. So I posted less the .00001% of the evidence.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Given that there is a simpler explanation based on known human characteristics, it is incredibly poor evidence. Floods happen all over the earth. Flash floods even happen in deserts. It is common in floods to have people floating by of rafts they find. Go from that to a very large flood and someone bringing along a few animals and you have the beginning of the story of Noah.
You confuse folk lore story's with Gods word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>I quote directly from the original article. That article directly contradicts your claims in several different ways. This is not evidence of a flood at all, let alone a global flood within the last few thousand years.
Grasping!

A bloom of diatoms that buried whales.

Get real!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Your evidence doesn't rise to even to a fraction of what we have as evidence for supersymmetry, which is mighty thin. The difference is that in your case, there are simpler explanations based on known phenomena that explain everything.
Make sure you blinders don't slip!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Tzar only knows how to copy and paste when it comes to science. There is absolutely no understanding of what science is, how it works, and what its goals are. And yet, there is a desperate attempt to show that science supports a myth about a global flood.
If I quote a scientist then I copy and past if I explain in my words then I'm not qualified. Funny!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes there is enough water.
"The whole earth was covered with the Flood waters, and the world that then existed was destroyed by the very waters out of which the earth had originally emerged at God's command (Genesis 1:9; 2 Peter 3:5,6). But where did those waters go after the flood?
There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!
Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.
That is why the oceans are so deep, and why there are folded mountain ranges. Indeed, if the entire earth's surface were leveled by smoothing out the topography of not only the land surface but also the rock surface on the ocean floor, the waters of the ocean would cover the earth's surface to a depth of 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers). We need to remember that nearly 70 percent of the earth's surface is still covered by water. Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins."
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-flo...
You do realize the suggestion you offer here wouldn't fool a child much less a thinking adult? You have to be not only brainwashed but completely stupid to think the topography Of Earth changed to accommodate your myth.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just plain confused.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
If I quote a scientist then I copy and past if I explain in my words then I'm not qualified. Funny!
Yes, your own words show you don't grasp the required concepts. THAT is what makes you unqualified. The fact that you copy and paste to such a degree also suggests that you don't really understand what is going on. This is doubly so when the copy and paste is from someone who is also unqualified and clearly does not understand the basic concepts (like your posts criticizing the BB by talking about an edge).

Again and again, you make *basic* mistakes. You quote from experts, but clearly don't understand what those experts are trying to say. Then you copy and paste from sources that also get many of the basics wrong. Then, even when you admit that these sources are wrong (like the posts talking about the edge of the Big Bang expansion), you continue to post them. That shows you are being dishonest.

Before you criticize the Big Bang theory, find a basic treatment about it in some science book (or old issues of Scientific American, for example). Learn what is means to have a curved spacetime and how curvature of space is relevant in the Big Bang. Also learn why the claim that there is an edge to the Big Bang expansion is wrong. if you are really interested, I can help with this. But it will only work if you are willing to learn.
Amused

Shrewsbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like confusing apples with apples.
Thinking

Tisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The almighty twart [sic] is very passionate about the non-existent.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tzar only knows how to copy and paste when it comes to science. There is absolutely no understanding of what science is, how it works, and what its goals are. And yet, there is a desperate attempt to show that science supports a myth about a global flood.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"None of the evidence supports such a flood."
Correct. Good of you to finally admit you have failed.

And that your god's bible is a lying book of myths.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
One more time (sorry):
www.researchgate.net/publication/231674882_Br... (2)_Fossil_Whales_and_diatom_a ccumulation_rates/file/79e4150 6f26576a352.pdf
Try putting your complex link into double-quotes.

It keeps Topix from parsing it-- like this:

" www.researchgate.net/publication/231674882_Br... (2)_Fossil_Whales_and_diatom_a ccumulation_rates/file/79e4150 6f26576a352.pdf"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Are you kidding me?
Really?
Grasping here.
Still not proof of your myth-god.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Keep saying no evidence so everyone can see how well the blinders fit.
**NOTHING** you SPAMMED constitutes evidence.

SPAMMING a series of enumerated lies and fabrications isn't evidence.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes there is enough water.
I deleted the ugly BuyBull, as that isn't factual.

And no-- there is insufficient water to cover the whole earth, over the highest mountains.

Never was.

And the rate at which it would have HAD to fall, given the earth's shape at a few thousands of years back?

Would be identical to .... underwater.

The energy-release of so much falling water? Would have **boiled** the earth dead.

Neatly POACHING poor Noah and his cooked animals like so many boiled easter-eggs in a wooden basket...

Your story?

Is physically impossible. Without...**magic**

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
It was suggested that there was no evidence of Noah's flood. So I posted less the .00001% of the evidence.
None of which qualifies as evidence OR FACT, for that matter.

There's still no evidence OR FACT in support of your flood myth.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no functional difference between the two.

Except that nobody is MURDERED FOR FOLK LORE.

In contrast to your ugly bible-- which is DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for MORE DEATH than any other single thing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Grasping!
A bloom of diatoms that buried whales.
Get real!
He is being real. It is YOU who is grasping at ... ugly myth.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Morris is a LAWYER. Not a scientist.

A particularly SLIMY and LYING lawyer he is, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like confusing apples with apples.
Effing... BRILLIANT.

:D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,921 - 2,940 of3,444
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 12 min Igor Trip 24
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Aura Mytha 223,043
Why do i deserve no respect. 40 min EdSed 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr Mikko 21,328
Introducing The Universal Religion 21 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Wed Buck Crick 324
•••
•••