“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#263 Apr 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's important to separate the new testament from the old, the new is a book of myth, lies and delusion. The old is historically and theologically accurate. the NT didn't fulfill anything in the OT.
Mr Troll, I hear yo mamma' callin' you fo suppa':)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#264 Apr 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The OT is just as silly. Moses is an amalgamation of various kings and folk legends of the day.
<quoted text>
That's called blasphemy and it's considered a sin against Gods' person, the deadliest sin you can commit. I wouldn't call the word of God silly, it's holy, you just don't understand it. The holy Spirit definitely helps.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#265 Apr 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Psalm 118: 7-8
7 The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
:) KJV
So you discard the old testament?
But not the new?
You can't have it both ways, all or none.
You can't pick and choose what to believe in.

Well, you can, but then that makes it basically your own religion, and by definition that makes it your own imagination.

Don't get me wrong. Iím not saying religion doesnít have its uses. Personally I turn to it whenever I want my intelligence insulted. And the holy scriptures come in very handy when I need to justify behaviour Iím ashamed of.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#266 Apr 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Every letter on your keyboard is a gateway to intellectual embarrassment
Imagine opening your fortune cookie and reading that!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#267 Apr 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny you should mention that but I never paid much attention to religion until 911
I simply just didn't care. What I knew of it was amusing nothing more. This is why my attitude is entirely different from most of the posters in these forums.
911 was a major wake up call for me
Suddenly I was aroused, In began to devour information on Islam.
All I can say is wow what an eye-opener
I think the Internet and the information age will prove to be the Achilles' heel of the of the desert religions,
One can only ignore this knowledge so long. ;)
I totally agree-- the internet is too full of information-loving folk happy to share what they know.

And the various organized religions are finding it harder and harder to HIDE THEIR ATROCITIES.

Look at the Pedophile-Priest scandal-- before the interwebs? Would we (the world) have known of these terrorist-priests?

Hardly.

So you are correct: with the free-flow of facts, organized religion is in rapid decay.

Good.

Dis-organized religion? We can safely ignore, as a minor nuance-- not unlike dandruff.

In that lots of people will spend money on it, and fiddle with it, but nothing much changes one way or the other, in the final analysis.

Think: stamp collecting.

:D

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#268 Apr 29, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Fairy tale?!?!?!?
Have any of you actually read the Bible.
It's a horror story. This jealous worship-craving being failing at keeping his creations ignorant then tries to win them over by killing the enemies of a small bronze age nomadic tribe with no morals whatsoever.
Slaughtering more then half the egyptions in one night.
Slaughtering the population of the planet becase he wanted to start again. The Khmer Rouge tried the same thing in Cambodia. We don't see them in quite the same light do we?
He let people be raped for the sins of others, killed 48 children with a bear because they teased a prophet for being bald. Made a father think he had to kill his own child.
Fairy story indeed. Then guess who the big baddie is.
An amusing game you can play with the BuyBull:

Pick a random story in it.

Swap "satan" and "god". See if the basic meaning changes....

....!!!

Most amusing-- these two gods really are interchangeable parts.

Monotheism my azz-- the buybull is polytheistic; starting with itself-- the buybull is the #1 god in that pantheon, all else are secondary.

Proof?

The fact that bible-worshipers refuse to >>change<< it ... even when we point out how ugly and stone-age it is...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#269 Apr 29, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So the rest of us who do not believe in him shall perish, no matter how good we are? since you Christians believe that God has unlimited power, then why can't he just say "zap, you are saved?"
... oh, I don't know.....

....... could it be?

.......... could it be because BuyBull-God is basically...

...

...... a dick?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#270 Apr 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You can't earn your way to heaven by being good. It must be by faith. God gave us free will, so we are not Stepford children.
God could 'Zap' you into anything if he chose too.
So Ghandi, who is 1000 times better than YOU, is in Hell?

How nice.

Your god? Is a dick.

And you?

Are so reflective of that image....!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#271 Apr 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's called blasphemy and it's considered a sin against Gods' person, the deadliest sin you can commit. I wouldn't call the word of God silly, it's holy, you just don't understand it. The holy Spirit definitely helps.
Blasphemy is a victim-less crime. The OT is silly, the NT is silly, and your idea of God is silly. For that matter, so is the 'holy spirit'. They are right up there with Zeus and Pan.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#272 Apr 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Psalm 118: 7-8
7 The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
:) KJV
Let's see you PRACTICE what you preach!

Next time you're in a building with multiple floors?

DO NOT trust the MAN-BUILT ELEVATOR.

Go to a window, and trust you god instead... see if you can fly, why don't you?

I will bet you a million dollars you WILL NOT TRUST YOUR GOD.

But you will take either the elevator or the stairs instead...

...!!!

You are such a hypocrite.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#273 Apr 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas the path to non belief is a personal one.
I have no experience because I never had to follow that path.
I'm certain it is quite difficult for someone who is convinced there's a sky daddy, To abandon this the fear is palpable. Theoretically from Theist point of view you are gambling with salvation and immortality
Rubbish there is no such thing
Now that the Internet and the information age are going full blast and a whole generation of youngsters are coming up and have this information at their fingertips... things will change
I'm glad you overcame your struggle with faith
Irony meter goes up on her percent on this I thought you were an atheist agnostic or whatever you want to call us irreligious people
Yours in Christ
Allah willing
Shalom
;)
If a child is brainwashed into belief? It is very difficult to overcome that brainwashing.

Alas.

But many do manage this-- and I think the internet helps a lot.

As does exposure to people such as you, me and the other non-believers here and there.

Few will come back to admit it, but some do throw off the chains of childhood brutality (religion).

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#274 Apr 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
So you discard the old testament?
But not the new?
You can't have it both ways, all or none.
You can't pick and choose what to believe in.
Well, you can, but then that makes it basically your own religion, and by definition that makes it your own imagination.
Don't get me wrong. Iím not saying religion doesnít have its uses. Personally I turn to it whenever I want my intelligence insulted. And the holy scriptures come in very handy when I need to justify behaviour Iím ashamed of.
NO, You've got the wrong poster.... TRY AGAIN

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#275 Apr 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see you PRACTICE what you preach!
Next time you're in a building with multiple floors?
DO NOT trust the MAN-BUILT ELEVATOR.
Go to a window, and trust you god instead... see if you can fly, why don't you?
I will bet you a million dollars you WILL NOT TRUST YOUR GOD.
But you will take either the elevator or the stairs instead...
...!!!
You are such a hypocrite.
God gives you a brain.. Why don' you use it...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#276 Apr 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So Ghandi, who is 1000 times better than YOU, is in Hell?
How nice.
Your god? Is a dick.
And you?
Are so reflective of that image....!
Your opinion.. What's your name demon?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#277 Apr 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
God gives you a brain.. Why don' you use it...
I do use my brain-- why do you think I'm an atheist? Hmmm?

But you IGNORED my question-- you could win a million dollars!

Let's see you PRACTICE what you preach!

Next time you're in a building with multiple floors?

DO NOT trust the MAN-BUILT ELEVATOR.

Go to a window, and trust you god instead... see if you can fly, why don't you?

I will bet you a million dollars you WILL NOT TRUST YOUR GOD.

But you will take either the elevator or the stairs instead...
...!!!

You are such a hypocrite.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#278 Apr 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.. What's your name demon?
Nope. Your BIBLE says this:

Ghandi is in HELL-- for he clearly stated he was NOT a christian, and that he did NOT believe your Jewsus was a man/god/savior.

So, your BIBLE puts Ghandi in HELL.

This?

This is why your ugly religion is so horrible: you worship a terrorist-god.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#279 Apr 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your name demon?
Threatening an atheist with demons?

Is the EXACT SAME as threatening YOU with Spider Man.

Seriously-- it's the same thing.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#280 Apr 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree-- the internet is too full of information-loving folk happy to share what they know.
And the various organized religions are finding it harder and harder to HIDE THEIR ATROCITIES.
Look at the Pedophile-Priest scandal-- before the interwebs? Would we (the world) have known of these terrorist-priests?
Hardly.
So you are correct: with the free-flow of facts, organized religion is in rapid decay.
Good.
Dis-organized religion? We can safely ignore, as a minor nuance-- not unlike dandruff.
In that lots of people will spend money on it, and fiddle with it, but nothing much changes one way or the other, in the final analysis.
Think: stamp collecting.
:D
Yeah

I should be honest and say I was actually in a couple synagogues and several churches back in the days of my youth.

This was because the girls I was dating at the time drug me a long and of course I wanted to get laid!

What was confusing was when to stand up, when to sit down, when to kneel, it was a series of Unknown rituals to me

Praise the Lawd

;)

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#281 Apr 29, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.. What's your name demon?
Stop using a computer if you are going to reject the very processes that were used to supply you with one.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#283 Apr 29, 2013
Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>Blasphemy is healthy. Blasphemy is necessary. Your Bronze Age anthology of campfire fables is just a bunch of goddamned bullshit. The sooner you accept that, the better your life will be.
I wouldn't want to be you on VWD Day NF. Do you enjoy a good barbeque? There's still hope, you can repent at any time but I hope you don't die before then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Aura Mytha 234,702
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 1 hr NoahLovesU 1,259
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr NoahLovesU 14,708
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr woodtick57 2,848
why? 4 hr Uncle Sam 55
The Consequences of Atheism 6 hr ChristineM 85
Christianity Created Hitler 7 hr thetruth 221
More from around the web