Is the bible a fairy tale?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#2850 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Through out your mankind's history more humans believed in a God or gods then humans that did not believe In a God or gods in fact it was not even close. This fact makes your belief unnatural and our belief as the natural one.
So you think worshiping Ares is AOK and not strange at all, since you don't think so, Ares requires you to surrender your head as offering to Zeus to show your love of Ares.
reality

Manchester, UK

#2851 Jun 18, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
Is the bible a fairy tale?
No, it is a horror story that Steven King would be proud of.
I disagree, Steven King wouldn't be proud of it theres too many plot holes.
Learning

New York, NY

#2852 Jun 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You got PROOF of the supernatural yet?
No?
Then he was dead correct.
"Proof" is always subject to value based judgement. In other words, "proof" can be what we want it to be if there is no standard of proof. Now there is plenty of evidence for the supernatural, but with "proof" being a personal value based judgement, it is easy to slide the goal post around so the other side cannot meet the burden of proof. In a forum like this (no moderation, no structure) there can be plenty of evidence, but there will never be proof to the person who doesn't want the issue proven against his predisposed bias.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#2853 Jun 18, 2013
Learning wrote:
<quoted text>
"Proof" is always subject to value based judgement. In other words, "proof" can be what we want it to be if there is no standard of proof. Now there is plenty of evidence for the supernatural, but with "proof" being a personal value based judgement, it is easy to slide the goal post around so the other side cannot meet the burden of proof. In a forum like this (no moderation, no structure) there can be plenty of evidence, but there will never be proof to the person who doesn't want the issue proven against his predisposed bias.
Evidence of the supernatural are things like Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Gamma Ray bursts from Black Holes and such.
What you suggest is superstitious junk and complete bogus waste of time hog snot. There is no "supernatural" in the essence of your suggestion.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2854 Jun 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no , I created my own myth, like Pharaoh, I am a man.
No you are an APE.

I am a man.

Location hidden

#2855 Jun 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>There was some excuse for religion when people thought the Earth was flat. There's no excuse for superstitions now.

Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.
JMHO
Ok, riddle me this batman. Where did time come from?

Location hidden

#2856 Jun 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>So you think worshiping Ares is AOK and not strange at all, since you don't think so, Ares requires you to surrender your head as offering to Zeus to show your love of Ares.
Why so stupid?

Location hidden

#2857 Jun 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence of the supernatural are things like Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Gamma Ray bursts from Black Holes and such.
What you suggest is superstitious junk and complete bogus waste of time hog snot. There is no "supernatural" in the essence of your suggestion.
Your 3 BIG Myths:

1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"

“Rising”

Milky Way

#2858 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are an APE.
I am a man.
You are also an ape, in your case a particularly uneducated and stubborn one.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2859 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you one?
A_Myth.
What? A fairy? What if he was?

You have some more hate-speech against homosexuals, now?

Wow... your hate is still showing, godbot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2860 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good! You just admitted you are an atheist. "
Booby is hard up for new recruiters for his religion.
I see your hate is showing once more. Your deliberate miss spelling of my name, for starters.

Your Jewus commanded you to LOVE your enemies.

Yet all you show us is HATE.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2861 Jun 18, 2013
Learning wrote:
<quoted text>
"Proof" is always subject to value based judgement.
False.

Proof would be true REGARDLESS OF WHO OBSERVED IT.

That is what would be proof-- unbiased, objectivism.

Do you have ANY of that?

No?

We thought as much....

.. but your HATE is certainly evident.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2862 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are an APE.
We all are apes.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
I am a man.
Doubtful. You do not exhibit the behaviors of an acutal man.

More likely, based on your behavior, is that you are about 2 years old...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2863 Jun 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also an ape, in your case a particularly uneducated and stubborn one.
But his masculinity is in serious doubt...
LNC Llin

United States

#2864 Jun 18, 2013
This from the Guardian UK

Whenever the US Congress and Senate are officially in session, the daily activities commence with someone saying a prayer. The same ritual occurs in many state and local governments throughout America: a prayer, the pledge of allegiance to the flag and then the business of the day.
To get a feel for what these prayers are like, consider this one that opened the US House of Representatives session on Friday:
"God our Father, we give You thanks for giving us another day. Bless the Members of the people's House as they gather at the end of another week in the Capitol. Endow each with the graces needed to attend to the issues of the day with wisdom, that the results of their efforts might benefit the citizens of our Nation and the world.
"On this Flag Day, may we be reminded of the greatness of the democratic experiment that is the Republic of the United States and diligent in our responsibilities as citizens to guarantee the freedoms enumerated in the Constitution for all who claim this country as their home.
"We also ask Your blessing leading into this weekend upon fathers throughout our country. May they be their best selves, and may their children appreciate fully the blessing their fathers have been to them. May all that is done this day be for Your greater honor and glory. Amen."
This was said by the House's resident chaplain, a Roman Catholic priest. He gives many of the prayers, although "guest chaplains" from other faith backgrounds are also invited throughout the year.
In an increasingly diverse nation, people are rightly asking if these prayers still have a place. The simplistic answer is to demand complete separation of church and state and advocate for the end of these prayers. But they are a tradition that has been in place since the initial meeting of the Continental Congress in 1774 (and even earlier in some state sessions).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/...
Thinking

London, UK

#2865 Jun 18, 2013
Naturally, moths fly towards light bulbs.

Naturally, christians voted for Hitler.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Through out your mankind's history more humans believed in a God or gods then humans that did not believe In a God or gods in fact it was not even close. This fact makes your belief unnatural and our belief as the natural one.

Location hidden

#2866 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>We all are apes.

The Almighty Tzar wrote, "
I am a man.
"

Doubtful. You do not exhibit the behaviors of an acutal man.

More likely, based on your behavior, is that you are about 2 years old...
An ape would not have a clue about men. Go back to your tree little ape boy.

Location hidden

#2867 Jun 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You are also an ape, in your case a particularly uneducated and stubborn one.
No I don't believe your faith.

I was created as man I did not come from apes as you did.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#2868 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I see your hate is showing once more. Your deliberate miss spelling of my name, for starters.
Your Jewus commanded you to LOVE your enemies.
Yet all you show us is HATE.
Why?

Actually he does show us something besides contempt also.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#2869 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't believe your faith.
I was created as man I did not come from apes as you did.
As faith goes strike me up as an unbeliever.
You are a comedy/tragedy , you were created by your parents.
Who's taxonomical status is the same as yours and mine.
We are the ultimate apex predator ape of planet Earth.
Humans, are you not a human being?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min ChristineM 9,450
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min Knowledge- 243,469
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Chimney1 19,802
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) Sun thetruth 6,221
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... Sat Amused 2
Should atheists have the burden of proof? Sat thetruth 38
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) Sat knight of Jesus 521
More from around the web