Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
-
Peace
More appropriate !

"O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it ..." ["The War Prayer"]~Mark Twain

Peace

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>"Tsar" usual spelling.
Amazed that Tsar Nicholas II and family were canonized.
Metaphysics is often a mater of outlook often with proof lacking?

Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, his wife Tsarina Alexandra, and their five children Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, and Alexei are saints of the Orthodox Church (variously designated as new martyrs by the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad and as passion bearers elsewhere in the Russian Orthodox Church). The family was murdered on 17 July [O.S. 4 July] 1918 by the Bolsheviks at the Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg, Russia; the site of their execution is now beneath the altar of the The Church on Blood.

The family was canonized in 1981 as new martyrs by the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad. They were canonized along with their servants, who had been killed along with them. The canonized servants were their court physician, Yevgeny Botkin; their footman Alexei Trupp; their cook, Ivan Kharitonov; and Alexandra's maid, Anna Demidova. Also canonized were two servants killed in September 1918, lady in waiting Anastasia Hendrikova and tutor Catherine Adolphovna Schneider. All were canonized as victims of oppression by the Bolsheviks. The Russian Orthodox Church did not canonize the servants, two of whom were not Russian Orthodox: Alexei Trupp was Roman Catholic and Catherine Adolphovna Schneider was Lutheran.

" And The Beat Goes On " Sonny and Cher
Have you read the book "Alix and Nicky" by virginia Rounding?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>OK because, no one has photographed Satan before.
You don't know that.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaac Asimov the Russian author of I robot, robots of dawn.......
“A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.”~Saul Bellow

"The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window." ~Stephen King

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." ~Benjamin Franklin

Isaac?

“One man's religion is another mans' belly laugh.”~Isaac Asimov

“Anger is the common substitute for logic among those who have no evidence for what they desperately want to believe.”~Isaac Asimov

"I don't think we're here for anything, we're just products of evolution. You can say 'Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don't think there's a purpose' but I'm anticipating a good lunch." ~James Watson (Discoverer of DNA)

On a scale of 10 - I give you a 2
because I've never seen a 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>“A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.”~Saul Bellow

"The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window." ~Stephen King

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." ~Benjamin Franklin

Isaac?

“One man's religion is another mans' belly laugh.”~Isaac Asimov

“Anger is the common substitute for logic among those who have no evidence for what they desperately want to believe.”~Isaac Asimov

"I don't think we're here for anything, we're just products of evolution. You can say 'Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don't think there's a purpose' but I'm anticipating a good lunch." ~James Watson (Discoverer of DNA)

On a scale of 10 - I give you a 2
because I've never seen a 1
One man's religion is another mans' belly laugh.”~Isaac Asimov

Yes we laugh at atheism.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read the book "Alix and Nicky" by virginia Rounding?
Trail in the desert By Peter Dragon
The Tigers revenge By Claude Bawls
Rusty bedsprings by I P Nightly
A Great Plenty by E. Nuff
A la recherche du temps perdu by Daisy Mist
A Stitch In Time by Justin Case
A Trip To The Dentist by Yin Pain & Lord Howard Hurts
A Whole Lot Of Cats by Kitt N. Caboodle
Achy Breaky Heart by Ann Guish
Acrophobia Explained by Alfredo Heights
Advanced Math by Smart E. Pants
After The Corned Beef And Cabbage by Kay O’Pectate
Ah, Thor! by Ty Till
All Alone by Saul E. Terry
All-You-Can-Eat Buffets by I.M.A. Piggee
Allegiance To The King by Neil Downe
Almost Missed The Bus by Justin Time
Ambulance Driving by Adam Muhway
Ambush! by May T. Surprise
And Shut Up! by Sid Downe
And The Other People by Allan Sundry
Animal Illness by Ann Thrax
Animal Scents by Farrah Mones
Answering the Questions of the Universe by Howard I. Know
Antlers In The Tree Top by Hue Goostamoose
April Fool! by Sue Prize
Archery by Beau N. Arrow
Are We There Yet? by Miles Away
Armed Heists by Robin Banks
Artificial Clothing by Polly Ester
Artificial Weightlessness by Andy Gravity
As Solid As by Rocco Gibraltar
Assault With Battery by Eva Ready
At The Bottom Of The Can by Hazel Nutt
Athletic Supporter by Jacques Strap

Keyser Söze is searching for you.
Cheers
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Is yours for sale?
If a brain is for sale... you need it. And at Any price!

Yours is severely damaged.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
If a brain is for sale... you need it. And at Any price!
Yours is severely damaged.
You think he has a brain?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"The 'nothing' that you are talking about simply did not exist at all. "
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying when there was no time there was nothing ....Zipville.....elnoddo...goo se Egg?
And time started "about" 13.7 billion years ago? Is that right?
<quoted text>
Well which way was it?
Once again, in the *basic* Big Bang theory:

Time started about 13.7 billion years ago. The universe is everything since. There was no existence other than this. So, no before, no outside. That is what I meant when I agreed there was nothing when there was no time: not even existence.

Even in the extended theories:

Time, energy and matter are co-existent. By *your* conception of the universe as 'all that exists', time, energy, and matter are co-existent with the universe. Once again there is nothing when there was no time: not even existence.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob this guy can't buy Facts - he needs a cosigner to pay cash.
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray my church my money to keep should I die before i awake
I know the church my money will take.
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
Hmm
The Romans killed Jesus on the cross. His death on the cross saved us from our sins. Therefore, Christians should worship the Romans as their true saviour. ;)
Many of them DO: it ain't called **ROMAN** catholic for nothin'....

... <laughing>

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
May I remind you that you think so to.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying when there was no time there was nothing....Zipville.....elnodd o...goose Egg?
And time started "about" 13.7 billion years ago? Is that right?
<quoted text>
You like goal post on wheels don't you?
It is clear that you don't understand my point and are making no attempt to do so.

If you use the word *when*, you are assuming the existence of time, just like when you use the word *where* you assume the existence of space. It is not a case of there being 'nothing' and at a *later* point, there being everything. Again, the use of the word *later*(or even *becomes*) implies time.

My point is that existence is limited to when there was time. So there was *nothing*, not even existence, without time. And time started 13.7 billion years ago.

Do you understand the last paragraph? Stop and read it again. Then do it again. Then go back and read the rest of what I wrote. Then think about the two. You should see they are consistent.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
One man's religion is another mans' belly laugh.”~Isaac Asimov
Yes we laugh at atheism.
You **must** laugh.

If you didn't? You would cry a river of tears out of frustration that atheists DO NOT BUY THE SHITSTORM YOU ARE SELLING.

Poor, pitiful you...

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tsar" usual spelling.
There are many accepted transliterations: tsar, czar, tzar. All are correct, but tzar is less often used. The problem is that the first Russian letter of the word does not correspond to any fixed thing in English.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Oops, csar is also acceptable.
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You **must** laugh.
If you didn't? You would cry a river of tears out of frustration that atheists DO NOT BUY THE SHITSTORM YOU ARE SELLING.
Poor, pitiful you...
"........SHITSTORM...... "

atheist frustration that people do not all fall in line,
with Bob-Bot's line of Malarky.
LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, in the *basic* Big Bang theory:

Time started about 13.7 billion years ago. The universe is everything since. There was no existence other than this. So, no before, no outside. That is what I meant when I agreed there was nothing when there was no time: not even existence.

Even in the extended theories:

Time, energy and matter are co-existent. By *your* conception of the universe as 'all that exists', time, energy, and matter are co-existent with the universe. Once again there is nothing when there was no time: not even existence.
There was Nothing then there was a singularity then the singularity exploded and wa la the universe and all that is in it.

How do we get from "Nothing" as in "Nothing existing" to something any thing "existing".

How can the absents of everything have the power to create something?

Sense there was no time how did "Nothing" know when become everything.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
There was Nothing then there was a singularity then the singularity exploded and wa la the universe and all that is in it.
Wrong in several ways.

There was no 'then'. The 'nothing' was non-existence. The singularity isn't a thing: it's a description of what happens as we move back in time. There was not an explosion.
How do we get from "Nothing" as in "Nothing existing" to something any thing "existing".
There is no 'getting from..to..'. Once again, that very sentence implies a time active.
How can the absents of everything have the power to create something?
it didn't. Something merely exists.
Sense there was no time how did "Nothing" know when become everything.
You seem to think that 'nothing' is a thing that existed. It is NOT a 'thing'. It is simply non-existence. There was no 'becoming'. Existence just is. You are trapped in time language and don't seem to realize it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>It is clear that you don't understand my point and are making no attempt to do so.

If you use the word *when*, you are assuming the existence of time, just like when you use the word *where* you assume the existence of space. It is not a case of there being 'nothing' and at a *later* point, there being everything. Again, the use of the word *later*(or even *becomes*) implies time.

My point is that existence is limited to when there was time. So there was *nothing*, not even existence, without time. And time started 13.7 billion years ago.

Do you understand the last paragraph? Stop and read it again. Then do it again. Then go back and read the rest of what I wrote. Then think about the two. You should see they are consistent.
"It is clear that you don't understand my point and are making no attempt to do so."

Ditto.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>There are many accepted transliterations: tsar, czar, tzar. All are correct, but tzar is less often used. The problem is that the first Russian letter of the word does not correspond to any fixed thing in English.
Ah, that explains it. I though it was just my dyslexic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 34 min Thinking 886
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 225,586
If Christianity were true... 1 hr Thinking 138
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr Thinking 140
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Thinking 359
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr mealima 1
One top most argument for atheism (Apr '12) 6 hr nOgOd 4

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••