Buy a comma.
You need to buy a brain.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#2770 Jun 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy some... facts, why don't you?
Bob this guy can't buy Facts - he needs a cosigner to pay cash.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray my church my money to keep should I die before i awake
I know the church my money will take.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#2771 Jun 16, 2013
Christians were given specific instructions about how to pray and more importantly where to pray.

Do they believe they're God enough to follow these instructions?

Of course not - they do what the hell they please And construct religious buildings instead of going to a closet as instructed!

Matthew 6:6

" And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.

Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.

But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

It should be noted that virtually all Christians disobey this and go PUBLIC vs PRIVATE (in secret) as instructed.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#2772 Jun 16, 2013
Hmm

The Romans killed Jesus on the cross. His death on the cross saved us from our sins. Therefore, Christians should worship the Romans as their true saviour. ;)

“Anger is the common substitute for logic among those who have no evidence for what they desperately want to believe.”~Isaac Asimov
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#2773 Jun 16, 2013
For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream.

He has scaled the mountains of ignorance;
he is about to conquer the highest peak;
as he pulls himself over the final rock,
he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2774 Jun 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>You clearly don't grasp the concept of a singularity. It is not a thing that exists. It is simply the fact that some variable which we are interested in goes infinite.
But I do. Your going to tell me that nothing existed in the singularity.
No atoms no time no energy. Just matter more less.

You also stated that when there was no time there was nothing, no matter.
So either your singularity did not exist before time started 13.7 billions years ago. Or that it was always there because there was no time. But then we run into the problem that there was matter with out time. That would mean that our universe always existed and it was merely time that started 13.7 billion years ago.

Location hidden

#2775 Jun 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, there was not a change. The 'nothing' that you are talking about simply did not exist at all. To change implies time., contradicting the concept. Any time there was existence, there was matter and energy and time.

You are the one not even noticing the implications of the words you use. I am not claiming that at some point there was nothing and after there was something. Why not? Because at no time was there nothing. Any point where there was existence, there was matter, etc. So there was not a change from non-existence to existence. There is simply existence.
"The 'nothing' that you are talking about simply did not exist at all. "

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying when there was no time there was nothing ....Zipville.....elnoddo...goo se Egg?
And time started "about" 13.7 billion years ago? Is that right?
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>That is *one* of the possibilities, yes.
Well which way was it?
Lincoln LCN

United States

#2776 Jun 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Christians were given specific instructions about how to pray and more importantly where to pray.

Do they believe they're God enough to follow these instructions?
Of course not -

they do what the hell they please And construct religious buildings instead of going to a closet as instructed!
Matthew 6:6
" And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.
But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."
It should be noted that virtually all Christians disobey this and go PUBLIC vs PRIVATE (in secret) as instructed.
Straw-man.
Tell us a bit of what you have learned in your life?
Peace

Location hidden

#2777 Jun 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary, the *scientific* evidence supports exactly this scenario. Your lack of understanding is irrelevant. The fact that *you* think there was a 'nothing' before the universe is irrelevant. If the universe began at some point, that means there simply was no 'before' It simply did not exist.
May I remind you that you think so to.

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying when there was no time there was nothing....Zipville.....elnodd o...goose Egg?
And time started "about" 13.7 billion years ago? Is that right?
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>That is *one* of the possibilities, yes.
You like goal post on wheels don't you?

Location hidden

#2778 Jun 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You got a photograph of one?
In this day and age? You want a photograph?

Sure I can make you one if you wish.

Location hidden

#2779 Jun 16, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>You need to buy a brain.
Is yours for sale?

Location hidden

#2780 Jun 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Bob this guy can't buy Facts - he needs a cosigner to pay cash.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray my church my money to keep should I die before i awake
I know the church my money will take.
The FSM Prayer:

Our spaghetti who are on the stove
Great be your aroma, The sauce is coming, my meal be done, On the stove as it is in the dinning room, Give us some garlic bread and forgive the extra Parmesan as we add more, and lead us not to the bathroom and deliver us from Gods word, I'm not a man.

Location hidden

#2781 Jun 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Hmm

The Romans killed Jesus on the cross. His death on the cross saved us from our sins. Therefore, Christians should worship the Romans as their true saviour. ;)

“Anger is the common substitute for logic among those who have no evidence for what they desperately want to believe.”~Isaac Asimov
Isaac Asimov the Russian author of I robot, robots of dawn.......
Lincoln LCN

United States

#2782 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The FSM Prayer:
Our spaghetti who are on the stove
Great be your aroma, The sauce is coming, my meal be done, On the stove as it is in the dinning room, Give us some garlic bread and forgive the extra Parmesan as we add more, and lead us not to the bathroom and deliver us from Gods word, I'm not a man.
alternative prayer included:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

-
Peace
Lincoln LCN

United States

#2783 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaac Asimov the Russian author of I robot, robots of dawn.......
"Tsar" usual spelling.
Amazed that Tsar Nicholas II and family were canonized.
Metaphysics is often a mater of outlook often with proof lacking?

Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, his wife Tsarina Alexandra, and their five children Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, and Alexei are saints of the Orthodox Church (variously designated as new martyrs by the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad and as passion bearers elsewhere in the Russian Orthodox Church). The family was murdered on 17 July [O.S. 4 July] 1918 by the Bolsheviks at the Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg, Russia; the site of their execution is now beneath the altar of the The Church on Blood.

The family was canonized in 1981 as new martyrs by the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad. They were canonized along with their servants, who had been killed along with them. The canonized servants were their court physician, Yevgeny Botkin; their footman Alexei Trupp; their cook, Ivan Kharitonov; and Alexandra's maid, Anna Demidova. Also canonized were two servants killed in September 1918, lady in waiting Anastasia Hendrikova and tutor Catherine Adolphovna Schneider. All were canonized as victims of oppression by the Bolsheviks. The Russian Orthodox Church did not canonize the servants, two of whom were not Russian Orthodox: Alexei Trupp was Roman Catholic and Catherine Adolphovna Schneider was Lutheran.

" And The Beat Goes On " Sonny and Cher

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#2784 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
In this day and age? You want a photograph?
Sure I can make you one if you wish.
OK because, no one has photographed Satan before.

Location hidden

#2785 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>alternative prayer included:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,

-
Peace
You forgot the "Amen"

See atheist believe they are apes so their prayer ends "I'm not A MAN"
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#2786 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw-man.
Tell us a bit of what you have learned in your life?
Peace
That question is better put to the ignorant of which you are among

The content of your posts reveals quite a bit of stupidity, childish behavior and devoid of history knowledge.Apparently libraries frighten you a great deal.

Too much frightening fact to absorbed with a dogma infested feeble mind.

Peace ;)

Location hidden

#2787 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>"Tsar" usual spelling.
Amazed that Tsar Nicholas II and family were canonized.
Metaphysics is often a mater of outlook often with proof lacking?

Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, his wife Tsarina Alexandra, and their five children Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, and Alexei are saints of the Orthodox Church (variously designated as new martyrs by the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad and as passion bearers elsewhere in the Russian Orthodox Church). The family was murdered on 17 July [O.S. 4 July] 1918 by the Bolsheviks at the Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg, Russia; the site of their execution is now beneath the altar of the The Church on Blood.

The family was canonized in 1981 as new martyrs by the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad. They were canonized along with their servants, who had been killed along with them. The canonized servants were their court physician, Yevgeny Botkin; their footman Alexei Trupp; their cook, Ivan Kharitonov; and Alexandra's maid, Anna Demidova. Also canonized were two servants killed in September 1918, lady in waiting Anastasia Hendrikova and tutor Catherine Adolphovna Schneider. All were canonized as victims of oppression by the Bolsheviks. The Russian Orthodox Church did not canonize the servants, two of whom were not Russian Orthodox: Alexei Trupp was Roman Catholic and Catherine Adolphovna Schneider was Lutheran.

" And The Beat Goes On " Sonny and Cher
"Tsar" usual spelling. "

There is also "czar" so I combined them.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#2788 Jun 16, 2013
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
alternative prayer included:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
-
Peace
More appropriate !

"O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it ..." ["The War Prayer"]~Mark Twain

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min ATHEOI 20,222
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 28 min ATHEOI 9,501
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 45 min replaytime 45,421
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 10 hr Reason Personified 29
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 14 hr ATHEOI 189
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 20 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 417
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 20 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 278
More from around the web