Is the bible a fairy tale?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#223 Apr 28, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was important for your soul, then God might lead me to you... Knowing a song you are listening to for self gain, is fortune-telling, which is of the evil one...:)
I have to run, I will log on tonight...
have a nice day!!!
So you could not use your buybull/religion/ prayer to predict anything, but I was able to successfully predict a sunrise without any religion. So much for your religion and it's predictions!

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#224 Apr 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's important to separate the old testament from the new. The NT is a book of lies, delusion and myth. The OT is a history of God, the world and Israel and it has been and will be proved factual.
So is the OT.
Start proving your god is real! We'll wait.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#225 Apr 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree? Your Satan is the more powerful in your pantheon of gods, then?
Okay.
You polytheists are most amusing.
Satan is Jesus' father, if that's what you mean. The Devil is a father and son and he has been the god of this world and will shortly be put away forever. Adam was the son of God and his name was changed to Satan when he died. Jesus name was changed to Lucifer which means morning star Revelation 22:16. They were both kicked out of heaven and have been reincarnated. I only believe in one, the living God.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#226 Apr 28, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the OT.
Start proving your god is real! We'll wait.
You'll probably have to wait until VWD Day when the enemies of God burst into flames (spontaneous combustion) Then the Messiah/God will have a trial and will give her doctoral dissertation on the subject. Sort of like the sermon on the mount.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#227 Apr 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You'll probably have to wait until VWD Day when the enemies of God burst into flames (spontaneous combustion) Then the Messiah/God will have a trial and will give her doctoral dissertation on the subject. Sort of like the sermon on the mount.
LOL

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#228 Apr 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's important to separate the old testament from the new. The NT is a book of lies, delusion and myth. The OT is a history of God, the world and Israel and it has been and will be proved factual.
News flash: they are both books of lies.

If some random bit in either book, turns out to NOT be a lie?

That is by sheer random chance-- NEVER by intent of the authors.

You are funny!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#229 Apr 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is Jesus' father, if that's what you mean. The Devil is a father and son and he has been the god of this world and will shortly be put away forever. Adam was the son of God and his name was changed to Satan when he died. Jesus name was changed to Lucifer which means morning star Revelation 22:16. They were both kicked out of heaven and have been reincarnated. I only believe in one, the living God.
Where do you GET this stuff!

It's comedy-gold! So incredibly silly is your stuff, that I even have my doubts you are a real, sincere person.

I'm beginning to think you are just a poser, who is trying to discredit belief.

Well... if so?

You are doing an excellent job!

:D

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#230 Apr 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You'll probably have to wait until VWD Day when the enemies of God burst into flames (spontaneous combustion) Then the Messiah/God will have a trial and will give her doctoral dissertation on the subject. Sort of like the sermon on the mount.
Yep.

You have GOT to be a poe, discrediting belief.

Too funny.
Imhotep

Wimauma, FL

#231 Apr 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Massive ego.
That's what these people have: a massively giant ego.
Notice how they each presume that ONLY THEY may speak for their god?
That their god is entirely incapable of speaking for itself?
LMAO!
Ain't that convenient for them?
It certainly is
I have always been a secular humanist
I prefer these ideals to God Bottery

I enjoy laughter - it is truly the best medicine
And there is no shortage of straightmen in these forums!

Like you I find myself laughing uproariously whilst my wife looks at me with curiosity!

My sarcasm truly knows no bounds!

These simple minded posters are a piece of cake.

Delusional, devoid of reason commonsense and Logic.

For me this is pure entertainment ;)

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#232 Apr 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>....
The OT is a history of God,
....
Then if god has been around forever then the OT should be infinity long in which case I call POE, because nobody could ever had read the bibull.

In future I will play this when reading your posts:-

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#233 Apr 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you GET this stuff!
It's comedy-gold! So incredibly silly is your stuff, that I even have my doubts you are a real, sincere person.
I'm beginning to think you are just a poser, who is trying to discredit belief.
Well... if so?
You are doing an excellent job!
:D
Beyond sight, beyond sound..... there is the.....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#234 Apr 28, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Beyond sight, beyond sound..... there is the.....
... Twilight Zone.

And no... not that horrible Romance Novelesque series of films..

:D

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#235 Apr 28, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You'll probably have to wait until VWD Day when the enemies of God burst into flames (spontaneous combustion) Then the Messiah/God will have a trial and will give her doctoral dissertation on the subject. Sort of like the sermon on the mount.
Okay my little 'Troll' you can leave now... I know who you are... lol

You are handsome, but you are not helping...:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#236 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly is
I have always been a secular humanist
I prefer these ideals to God Bottery
I enjoy laughter - it is truly the best medicine
And there is no shortage of straightmen in these forums!
Like you I find myself laughing uproariously whilst my wife looks at me with curiosity!
My sarcasm truly knows no bounds!
These simple minded posters are a piece of cake.
Delusional, devoid of reason commonsense and Logic.
For me this is pure entertainment ;)
Then you are fortunate; you never got to experience the extreme feelings of loneliness within a crowd, as your doubts came to the surface, but everyone around you appears entirely doubt-free.

Of course?

Now, I know better-- my doubts were hardly unique, and the louder a True Believer™ claims they are doubt-free? The more likely they are plagued with internal doubts ...

... this is especially true of anyone in a position of leadership.

:)

It appears, that the training that a leader goes through? Actually enhances the doubts he or she experiences...

... ironic?

.. yeah...

But also funny as hell...!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#237 Apr 28, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay my little 'Troll' you can leave now... I know who you are... lol
You are handsome, but you are not helping...:)
Oh, but he/she is helping.

Just as YOU are helping--

-- with each of your lies, each of your condemnations, each of your display of intolerance?

You help to show how ludicrous your ugly religion makes people behave.

You do more, to make the world atheist, than >>I<< could ever do.

Thanks!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#238 Apr 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but he/she is helping.
Just as YOU are helping--
-- with each of your lies, each of your condemnations, each of your display of intolerance?
You help to show how ludicrous your ugly religion makes people behave.
You do more, to make the world atheist, than >>I<< could ever do.
Thanks!
You are hopeless... lol

Have a nice night...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#239 Apr 28, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hopeless... lol
Have a nice night...
If by that, you mean I will not submit to the brain-damage that is religion?

Then, yeah, I am.

But if you mean I am without hope? You'd be wrong.

I do have hope for the human race:

** I hope that one day, equality will be a real thing, across all walks of life, and that marriage will be between two people who love each other, and nobody will remark or care about their race, gender, sex, country of origin, or whatever.

** I hope that one day, women will have the same rights and opportunities as men without worrying about what sort of "dangly bits" hang between their respective legs.

** I hope that one day, humanity will be wise enough to leave planet earth behind, and explore the nearby stars-- for we cannot live on earth forever, it's limited. But out in space? There are no limits of any sort-- endless resources, endless energy.

** I hope that one day, most religions will not be oppressive of ideas, of new thoughts and discoveries, but will embrace these as a matter of course-- such religions could be of some comfort for people, without enslaving them to ugly, bronze-age mental slavery.

I have lots of hopes and dreams.

But none of them have anything to do with fairy tales... or ugly bronze age snuff-religions who depend on torture to get and keep followers.

You know... like...

... yours.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#240 Apr 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
If by that, you mean I will not submit to the brain-damage that is religion?
Then, yeah, I am.
But if you mean I am without hope? You'd be wrong.
I do have hope for the human race:
** I hope that one day, equality will be a real thing, across all walks of life, and that marriage will be between two people who love each other, and nobody will remark or care about their race, gender, sex, country of origin, or whatever.
** I hope that one day, women will have the same rights and opportunities as men without worrying about what sort of "dangly bits" hang between their respective legs.
** I hope that one day, humanity will be wise enough to leave planet earth behind, and explore the nearby stars-- for we cannot live on earth forever, it's limited. But out in space? There are no limits of any sort-- endless resources, endless energy.
** I hope that one day, most religions will not be oppressive of ideas, of new thoughts and discoveries, but will embrace these as a matter of course-- such religions could be of some comfort for people, without enslaving them to ugly, bronze-age mental slavery.
I have lots of hopes and dreams.
But none of them have anything to do with fairy tales... or ugly bronze age snuff-religions who depend on torture to get and keep followers.
You know... like...
... yours.
I hope so too Bob... gn

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#241 Apr 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is Jesus' father, if that's what you mean. The Devil is a father and son and he has been the god of this world and will shortly be put away forever. Adam was the son of God and his name was changed to Satan when he died. Jesus name was changed to Lucifer which means morning star Revelation 22:16. They were both kicked out of heaven and have been reincarnated. I only believe in one, the living God.
grow the f*ck up.
Imhotep

Wimauma, FL

#242 Apr 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are fortunate; you never got to experience the extreme feelings of loneliness within a crowd, as your doubts came to the surface, but everyone around you appears entirely doubt-free.
Of course?
Now, I know better-- my doubts were hardly unique, and the louder a True Believer™ claims they are doubt-free? The more likely they are plagued with internal doubts ...
... this is especially true of anyone in a position of leadership.
:)
It appears, that the training that a leader goes through? Actually enhances the doubts he or she experiences...
... ironic?
.. yeah...
But also funny as hell...!
It's funny you should mention that but I never paid much attention to religion until 911

I simply just didn't care. What I knew of it was amusing nothing more. This is why my attitude is entirely different from most of the posters in these forums.

911 was a major wake up call for me
Suddenly I was aroused, In began to devour information on Islam.

All I can say is wow what an eye-opener

I think the Internet and the information age will prove to be the Achilles' heel of the of the desert religions,

One can only ignore this knowledge so long. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 58,722
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Parrot Slayer 27,726
News Distrust of the non-religious runs deep in Amer... 6 hr Lawrence Wolf 125
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Dogen 2,083
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 13 hr Hedonist Heretic 213
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 18 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,970
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 20 hr Amused 65
More from around the web