Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2012
leon_the_14

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

#1 - If no supernatural Creator exists, how did the universe originate?
What was the nature of the enviroment that the 'big bang' emanated from?

#2 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, why is the earth suitable for the existence of life? Why isnt there life on other planets?

#3 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, how did life originate? Did life come from inanimate objects?

#4 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, what caused the repeated disappearance of more primitive forms of life and the appearance of new more advanced forms of life?
[For example, at the beginning of the Mesozoic and Cenozoic.]

#5 - If no God exists who can work miracles and communicate with men, how did the ancient Israelites come to believe that their ancestors experienced the Exodus and the Revelation at Mt. Sinai?

#6 - If God did not give the Torah at Mt. Sinai, why is Jewish literature divided into five levels and scholars in later levels universally considered themselves to be inferior to scholars in earlier levels?[The levels are: prophets, rabbis of the Mishnah, rabbis of the Talmud, earlier Talmudic commentaries and later Talmud commentaries.]

#7 - If we have no soul, why do we feel conscious of ourselves?

#8 - If we have no free will, why do we feel that we are making free choices?

#9 - If no God exists, why are we obligated to be nice other people? Why do we feel the need to? Is it that we are mere animals who just seek material gain from others?

#10 – If we live in a purely material world then how do we account for the many supernatural experiences that people have, such as encounters with God, ghosts, spirits, etc (obviously, exactly what all of these encounters actually are are all interpreted by different people in different ways but the fact remains that people encounter things that do not fit a purely naturalistic world view). Are we really to conclude that all of these people are delusional, deceptive, or mad? Or could it be that people are having real encounters with real supernatural beings not explainable through purely scientific mediums?
leon_the_14

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 16, 2012
 
#11 - Where does all of the incredibly complex information come from that is stored within DNA? Information doesn’t just appear by itself. Someone has to put it there.

#12 - Atheists are mostly found to be employed in the academic/government fields. What is it about the atheist personality that attracts them to these fields? And why have these fields been overrun by political correctness?

#13 - Where does all the matter in the universe come from?

#14 - What is the source of math and logic? The existence of this remarkably fine-tuned universe aside, how is it that we have these "languages of reality" to so elegantly describe and interact with it?

#15 - What type of government does atheistic philosophy translate into?
How does it understand the relationship between man and government?
What type of government structures flow from an atheistic world view?
Does it merely rely on someone else's system of thought, like the assumptions of naturalistic science?

#16 - Believers are often accused of being simple-minded,superstitious, or irrational.
Why is it so irrational for us to believe that the universe had a beginning because it actually was created; the laws of physics are so fine-tuned because it had a designer; people are preoccupied with good and evil because they are real things; we long for purpose and meaning because they exist to be had; life from non-life really is miraculous; consciousness and freewill seem real because they are; people are incurably religious because there is actually something real in religion.
If there really is no meaning or purpose to life, no objective good or evil, and the existence of "truth" itself is open to debate, by what standard will you condemn the beliefs of believers?

#17 - How does an atheist assign meaning to human activity? Is all meaning subjective, or do some activities have self-evident and objective worth and meaning. If so, what are these activities, and how to you arrive at their value?

#18 - Are humans of more intrinsic value than animals? Why or why not?

#19 - How does an atheist determine what is moral or immoral, right or wrong. Is there any objective standard or principles?

#20 - If you claim that Jesus was a myth then what alternative explanation do you offer to the New Testament documentation and the tradition of the church, and what support do you have for your theory? Is it because of the miracles that you doubt the Scriptures?
leon_the_14

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 16, 2012
 
#21 - Why is it that despite all the lauded scientific 'achievements' that there is an interest in the occult and magic which is increasing?
#22 - Many people believe that the moon and other planets have an effect on the psyche. Although this may be called astrology the fact is that the moon has effects on the likes of ocean tides. Do you call this a superstition under the name of astrology or a scientific fact?
#23 - The problem of abiogenesis (the origin of the first lifeform) is one of the thorniest and most intractable issues in chemistry. Our increasing knowledge of microbiology and earth history has only added to the complexity of what needs to be explained. The simplest life is equivalent to modern bacteria, which is loaded with complex activity, information, and molecular "machines." The fossil record does not give evidence that there was a "prebiotic soup," or that there were any biological precursors to the first organisms, or that the atmosphere was the ideal mix to yield the necessary molecules, or that there was the expected long period of time between when the Earth could support life and when it actually appeared. Evolutionists regularly segregate the abiogenesis problem from the issue of evolution because (1) it is a challenge they'd rather not be saddled with, or (2) it is the most logical point for possible divine intervention.
However, for the atheist there is no escaping this issue; they are obliged to seek out some purely natural explanation.
a). What hope for an explanation do you have? Are you satisfied to have problems like this that are unanswered, or even unanswerable?
b). In telling the tale of life on earth science writers often unconsciously use the word "miracle" for the appearance of the first organisms. Is this doubt on their behalf as to what they would like to prove as to the creation of existance?
c). What kind of evidence is needed before we are to actually accept that something like this really is a miracle?
leon_the_14

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 16, 2012
 
#24 - The past several decades have added profoundly to our knowledge of chemistry, physics, and cosmology. It has become increasingly clear that we live in a universe finely tuned for the support of complex life. This fact is so universally acknowledged that even secular scientists have coined the term "Anthropic Principle" to describe it.
How is it that we live in such an exquisitely fine-tuned universe?
Even assuming that the universe could have popped out of nothingness, why should it have been such an orderly and hospitable one? Is there a scientific, testable answer for this question that does not simply appeal to imagination?

#25 - Atheism, by definition, holds that there is no God and nothing beyond this world of matter, space, time, and energy. Consistent with this viewpoint come a large number of necessary truths and the problems relating to them. Atheism is not made rational merely by the rejection of the evidences for God; it has its own wares to sell and difficulties to overcome.

a.) What Is the Evidence Against the Existence of God?

b.) If everyone on earth became an atheist how would the world be better off?

c.) Does not atheism have to rely on a system of coercion to enforce non belief?

d.) Most nations that have a system of government under a monarchy do so because of strong religious connection. The USA is referred to as 'One nation under God'. Is it a atheist aim to abolish royal families and the sovereignty of nations like the Maoists have just about achieved in Nepal and replace all sovereign nations with a world government?

e.) Why are atheists always at the forefront of marxist tainted 'causes' such as global warming, unrestricted immigration, gay marriage and other latte type neo-liberal causes?

f.) Why have atheists, pagans and satanists been infiltrating 'white supremacist' organisations and attempting to turn racial issues into solely religious issues? Examples being the anti-3rd world immigration issue is now an anti-muslim issue. The same could be said for leftist 'anti-zionist' causes that attack Jews solely on the basis of their religious beliefs and nothing else.

#26 - Why is it that atheists only target their approach to the young (20 and under) instead of those of their own age? Is it because people who are 40+ are not worth 'educating'? Or is it that gullible teenagers have bodies worth 'indoctrinating'?

#27 - If evolution is true, why is everything so determined that we can study it?

#28 - Is it possible to study something that is always changing, like evolution?

#29 - If you believe that there is no god, how do you explain the concept of synchronicity. Do you dispute it because of the law of large numbers says otherwise? Maybe you just have faith in this axiom and it is really not an accurate description of reality.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

leon_the_14 wrote:
#1 - If no supernatural Creator exists, how did the universe originate? What was the nature of the enviroment that the 'big bang' emanated from?
If a "creator" exists, how did this "creator" originate?
leon_the_14 wrote:
#2 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, why is the earth suitable for the existence of life? Why isnt there life on other planets?
Who says there isn't?
leon_the_14 wrote:
#3 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, how did life originate? Did life come from inanimate objects?
Don't know. I just don't believe it was some invisible magician who lives in the sky who went POOF one day.
leon_the_14 wrote:
#4 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, what caused the repeated disappearance of more primitive forms of life and the appearance of new more advanced forms of life?[For example, at the beginning of the Mesozoic and Cenozoic.]
Don't know. You think it was magic?
leon_the_14 wrote:
#5 - If no God exists who can work miracles and communicate with men, how did the ancient Israelites come to believe that their ancestors experienced the Exodus and the Revelation at Mt. Sinai?
Folk tales. Aesop's fables for religious types.
leon_the_14 wrote:
#6 - If God did not give the Torah at Mt. Sinai, why is Jewish literature divided into five levels and scholars in later levels universally considered themselves to be inferior to scholars in earlier levels?[The levels are: prophets, rabbis of the Mishnah, rabbis of the Talmud, earlier Talmudic commentaries and later Talmud commentaries.]
Each religion has it's own form of crazy. I personally could care less why unless they want to push it on me.
leon_the_14 wrote:
#7 - If we have no soul, why do we feel conscious of ourselves?
There are a lot of animals that are self aware.
leon_the_14 wrote:
#8 - If we have no free will, why do we feel that we are making free choices?
Who says we don't have free will. Omniscient deities would eliminate free will.
leon_the_14 wrote:
#9 - If no God exists, why are we obligated to be nice other people? Why do we feel the need to? Is it that we are mere animals who just seek material gain from others?
Humans are social by nature. We strive to get along and be productive members of our group (at least the vast majority do).
leon_the_14 wrote:
#10 – If we live in a purely material world then how do we account for the many supernatural experiences that people have, such as encounters with God, ghosts, spirits, etc (obviously, exactly what all of these encounters actually are are all interpreted by different people in different ways but the fact remains that people encounter things that do not fit a purely naturalistic world view). Are we really to conclude that all of these people are delusional, deceptive, or mad? Or could it be that people are having real encounters with real supernatural beings not explainable through purely scientific mediums?
You ever notice that the more a culture has phones with cameras, the less we hear of UFOs and other supernatural mumbo-jumbo.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

leon_the_14 wrote:
#11 - Where ...
That's enough. Get an education and find your own answers.

Just never accept "magic" as the last word.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

leon_the_14 wrote:
#1 - If no supernatural Creator exists, how did the universe originate?
What was the nature of the enviroment that the 'big bang' emanated from?
#2 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, why is the earth suitable for the existence of life? Why isnt there life on other planets?
#3 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, how did life originate? Did life come from inanimate objects?
#4 - If no supernatural universal Designer exists, what caused the repeated disappearance of more primitive forms of life and the appearance of new more advanced forms of life?
[For example, at the beginning of the Mesozoic and Cenozoic.]
#5 - If no God exists who can work miracles and communicate with men, how did the ancient Israelites come to believe that their ancestors experienced the Exodus and the Revelation at Mt. Sinai?
#6 - If God did not give the Torah at Mt. Sinai, why is Jewish literature divided into five levels and scholars in later levels universally considered themselves to be inferior to scholars in earlier levels?[The levels are: prophets, rabbis of the Mishnah, rabbis of the Talmud, earlier Talmudic commentaries and later Talmud commentaries.]
#7 - If we have no soul, why do we feel conscious of ourselves?
#8 - If we have no free will, why do we feel that we are making free choices?
#9 - If no God exists, why are we obligated to be nice other people? Why do we feel the need to? Is it that we are mere animals who just seek material gain from others?
#10 – If we live in a purely material world then how do we account for the many supernatural experiences that people have, such as encounters with God, ghosts, spirits, etc (obviously, exactly what all of these encounters actually are are all interpreted by different people in different ways but the fact remains that people encounter things that do not fit a purely naturalistic world view). Are we really to conclude that all of these people are delusional, deceptive, or mad? Or could it be that people are having real encounters with real supernatural beings not explainable through purely scientific mediums?
After reading the above questions, I have come to the conclusion that the '14' in leon the 14's name is an indicator of his IQ.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
#11 - Where does all of the incredibly complex information come from that is stored within DNA? Information doesn’t just appear by itself. Someone has to put it there.
...
#14 - What is the source of math and logic? The existence of this remarkably fine-tuned universe aside, how is it that we have these "languages of reality" to so elegantly describe and interact with it?
...
#16 -...Why is it so irrational for us to believe that the universe had a beginning because it actually was created; the laws of physics are so fine-tuned because it had a designer;
...
These all ask the same question and have basically the same answer. The human mind seeks to find patterns, even if none exist. That's why we can read horribly mis-spelled sentences, see pictures in clouds, etc. Just because a cloud looks like a rabbit, doesn't mean that it is a rabbit.

The "fine-tuning" question itself is a loaded question. It presupposes that the universe was designed around humans. Yet 99.99999...% of the universe is hostile to humans and will kill you in an instant. Even on this small planet, most of the area is hostile to humans. Cephalopods have much more livable space and much better eyes. Maybe it's all for them and the FSM is a more accurate version of deity.

Atheists arrogantly believe that the entire universe with it's billions of stars in billions of galaxies was NOT created just for us.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
...
#15 - What type of government does atheistic philosophy translate into? How does it understand the relationship between man and government? What type of government structures flow from an atheistic world view? Does it merely rely on someone else's system of thought, like the assumptions of naturalistic science?
...
This question shows a lack of understanding as to what atheism is.

An atheist is anyone who is NOT a theist. This covers a lot of ground.

But you want to shoehorn all atheistic thought into a narrow and high prejudicial box.

Atheism does NOT claim gods are disproved, just that gods are un-proved. Big difference.

Atheism makes no other claim nor involves any other beliefs, tenets, doctrines, or dogmas. Atheists can be democrats, republicans, independents, capitalists, communists, and everything else you can imagine. None of which have any bearing on atheism.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
...
#12 - Atheists are mostly found to be employed in the academic/government fields. What is it about the atheist personality that attracts them to these fields? And why have these fields been overrun by political correctness?
...
Atheists tend to be skeptics and scientifically minded in that they seek evidence and appreciate the pursuit of learning.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
...
#17 - How does an atheist assign meaning to human activity? Is all meaning subjective, or do some activities have self-evident and objective worth and meaning. If so, what are these activities, and how to you arrive at their value?
...
#19 - How does an atheist determine what is moral or immoral, right or wrong. Is there any objective standard or principles?
...
Do you really think any religion has a moral "high ground". The Abrahamic religion teaches you to stone witches, children who sass their parents, and anyone who gathers wood on the Sabbath. It teaches that women are subservient to men and that slavery is okay. None of these Abrahamic "morals" are considered moral today.

Modern morals (ethics) have come into being because of rational thought, critical discussion, and societal pressures, not because of any religious edict.

In fact, show me one (1) moral edict that can be proved to have originated from any religion and would not be available to humanity without religion. Just one. There isn't any such moral code.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
...#20 - If you claim that Jesus was a myth then what alternative explanation do you offer to the New Testament documentation and the tradition of the church, and what support do you have for your theory? Is it because of the miracles that you doubt the Scriptures?
Myths are just that, myths.

However, show me the record of all the male children being killed? Both the Jews and the Romans kept good records, so produce this evidence.

Show me how a star can guide anyone to any particular place on the planet? Can't be done.

Show me the history of the previous felons the Romans traditionally released during Passover? In fact, show me some indication that the Romans had such good relations with the Jews of the time that this "tradition" was even possible.

Hearsay is typical of myths.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
#21 - Why is it that despite all the lauded scientific 'achievements' that there is an interest in the occult and magic which is increasing?
#22 - Many people believe that the moon and other planets have an effect on the psyche. Although this may be called astrology the fact is that the moon has effects on the likes of ocean tides. Do you call this a superstition under the name of astrology or a scientific fact?
...
b). In telling the tale of life on earth science writers often unconsciously use the word "miracle" for the appearance of the first organisms. Is this doubt on their behalf as to what they would like to prove as to the creation of existance?
c). What kind of evidence is needed before we are to actually accept that something like this really is a miracle?
There is no scientific interest in magic, in spite of your statements to the contrary.

Evidence, from a scientific perspective, must be independently verifiable and must not depend on the observer's preconceived notions.

You misuse the word "miracle". I can stand in awe of the beauty of a rainbow and still understand how light gets separated through the mist. I have witness the "miracle" of life when my daughter is born and still understand the biological processes involved.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
...
#23 - The problem of abiogenesis (the origin of the first lifeform) is one of the thorniest and most intractable issues in chemistry. Our increasing knowledge of microbiology and earth history has only added to the complexity of what needs to be explained. The simplest life is equivalent to modern bacteria, which is loaded with complex activity, information, and molecular "machines." The fossil record does not give evidence that there was a "prebiotic soup," or that there were any biological precursors to the first organisms, or that the atmosphere was the ideal mix to yield the necessary molecules, or that there was the expected long period of time between when the Earth could support life and when it actually appeared. Evolutionists regularly segregate the abiogenesis problem from the issue of evolution because (1) it is a challenge they'd rather not be saddled with, or (2) it is the most logical point for possible divine intervention.
However, for the atheist there is no escaping this issue; they are obliged to seek out some purely natural explanation.
a). What hope for an explanation do you have? Are you satisfied to have problems like this that are unanswered, or even unanswerable?
...
Evolution answers the question of the diversity of life and how it has changed over time. It was never assumed to answer the abiogenesis question.

Biological evolution is so well understood after over 150 years of research that it isn't even questioned anymore by those working in the Earth Sciences.

HOWEVER, atheism is NOT founded on biological evolution. Atheists have existed since long before evolution was even considered. If you really want to learn about Evolution, visit the Evolution Debate forum.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 16, 2012
 
leon_the_14 wrote:
#25 - Atheism, by definition, holds that there is no God and nothing beyond this world of matter, space, time, and energy. Consistent with this viewpoint come a large number of necessary truths and the problems relating to them. Atheism is not made rational merely by the rejection of the evidences for God; it has its own wares to sell and difficulties to overcome.
a.) What Is the Evidence Against the Existence of God?
b.) If everyone on earth became an atheist how would the world be better off?
c.) Does not atheism have to rely on a system of coercion to enforce non belief?
d.) Most nations that have a system of government under a monarchy do so because of strong religious connection. The USA is referred to as 'One nation under God'. Is it a atheist aim to abolish royal families and the sovereignty of nations like the Maoists have just about achieved in Nepal and replace all sovereign nations with a world government?
e.) Why are atheists always at the forefront of marxist tainted 'causes' such as global warming, unrestricted immigration, gay marriage and other latte type neo-liberal causes?
f.) Why have atheists, pagans and satanists been infiltrating 'white supremacist' organisations and attempting to turn racial issues into solely religious issues? Examples being the anti-3rd world immigration issue is now an anti-muslim issue. The same could be said for leftist 'anti-zionist' causes that attack Jews solely on the basis of their religious beliefs and nothing else.
#26 - Why is it that atheists only target their approach to the young (20 and under) instead of those of their own age? Is it because people who are 40+ are not worth 'educating'? Or is it that gullible teenagers have bodies worth 'indoctrinating'?
...
This whole rant is so full of blatant misinformation I hardly know where to start.

Atheists do NOT claim there is no god. Atheists claim there is no EVIDENCE for any of the myriad of gods that have ever been proposed and are skeptical of any such claims.

When I was born, "under god" was NOT in our pledge and "in god we trust" was NOT on our money. It is the religious people who are being coercive and forcing their views on others.

Paganism and satanism are theistic positions.

Atheists do NOT "target" and do not "prostyletize". I can't teach you to think for yourself, that something you've got to learn to do on your own.

It amazes me how quickly Christians want to be seen as being picked on while they are busy stirring hate and prejudice against others.
wat

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I ain't answering all this crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••