Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3856 Sep 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I could thank God every hour that no one else is as paranoid as you and it wouldn't be enough.
It is not paranoia when it's the truth.

No Genuine Christian™ website can be trusted. None.

They **all** have an agenda: to push their insane delusions.

That agenda taints **all** that they say.
LCNLin

United States

#3857 Sep 26, 2013
Smug atheism is still amusing atheism
Fundie McChristard

United States

#3858 Sep 26, 2013
Amused wrote:
Remember, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people actually out to get you. Islamists do want to bring about an islamic world, and atheists are fairly high up on their list of People We Don't Like. I don't think we should all lose sleep over some imagined imminent threat, but it would also be naive not to recognize that fundamentalist islamists are no friends of human liberty and freedom.
This is absolutely correct, Amused. "Paranoia = Awareness". Christians and Jews are also up on their list. I wish more Atheists would search for points of commonality (love of human Liberty and freedom for example)that they share with believers. The stand-off and mutual antagonism between Atheism/Faith gets DULL after a while.

Jihadists could care less about what divides us - we are The Great Satan and the enemy to them.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3859 Sep 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Smug atheism is still amusing atheism
Bitter creationists show their frustration at being smacked down for stupidity with breadcrumb comments.

When you can prove your creationist god with actual evidence, instead of shameless lies, you won't have to behave like such a weasel Lincoln troll.

Location hidden

#3860 Sep 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text> I've never made any attempt to apologise for my Faith, sport.
Well maybe you should, instead of lying about it to us. There's no such thing as god and you know it.

That's why you're in this forum - because you aren't sure.

If god was real, you'd show us the evidence and not behave lie a mentally ill person, lying about something that is definitely not there.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3861 Sep 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe you should, instead of lying about it to us. There's no such thing as god and you know it.
That's why you're in this forum - because you aren't sure.
If god was real, you'd show us the evidence and not behave lie a mentally ill person, lying about something that is definitely not there.
I do SO get tired of repeating myself...but...I imagine you do as well. Nah, you're another bob-ot, repeating your mantra is all you know to do. You few athiests want some kind of evidence acceptable in a court of law- ain't gonna happen. You see, this is where your Faith is tested- I pass and you don't. You hate and I don't, that's it in a nutshell.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3862 Sep 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I do SO get tired of repeating myself...but...I imagine you do as well. Nah, you're another bob-ot, repeating your mantra is all you know to do. You few athiests want some kind of evidence acceptable in a court of law- ain't gonna happen. You see, this is where your Faith is tested- I pass and you don't. You hate and I don't, that's it in a nutshell.
The above?

Is neither an argument in support of, nor evidence for, a god.

You lose by default: your god is still not real.

PS: only someone as full of hate as you, would think that a god who uses infinite torture, is...

... somehow ...

... magically ...

....... good.

PPS: that god? The god who uses torture?

Is just a terrorist: only terrorists use torture.

Location hidden

#3863 Sep 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I do SO get tired of repeating myself...but...I imagine you do as well. Nah, you're another bob-ot, repeating your mantra is all you know to do. You few athiests want some kind of evidence acceptable in a court of law- ain't gonna happen. You see, this is where your Faith is tested- I pass and you don't. You hate and I don't, that's it in a nutshell.
Then stop repeating yourself like a broken record and prove the damn god you keep lying to us about?

It's boring to hear you dodge the question again and again with stupid tales and ignorant propaganda., just stop being a coward and address the proof.

Location hidden

#3864 Sep 27, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
Since you cannot provide evidence in a court of law,- it's conclusive - you're a liar.

You can leave so a forum and we have no need to read your comments, as they cannot be trusted.

outdoors

#3865 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you cannot provide evidence in a court of law,- it's conclusive - you're a liar.
You can leave so a forum and we have no need to read your comments, as they cannot be trusted.
Pretty funny, sport- you expect me to agree that a court of Man is the highest authority. As far as exiting this forum, that's pretty funny as well. You should review the 1st Amendment- which, by the way,(aside from freedom of speech) gaurantees freedom of religon, which I can ALSO agree that it doesn't mean you have to have one. You should be aware that I am aware I'm not strong on preaching to you but if we were ever geographically in close proximity, you'd know I don't preach, I do.

Location hidden

#3867 Sep 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty funny, sport- you expect me to agree that a court of Man is the highest authority. As far as exiting this forum, that's pretty funny as well. You should review the 1st Amendment- which, by the way,(aside from freedom of speech) gaurantees freedom of religon, which I can ALSO agree that it doesn't mean you have to have one. You should be aware that I am aware I'm not strong on preaching to you but if we were ever geographically in close proximity, you'd know I don't preach, I do.
Be brave and start with the court of man first, then after you prove your god, we can enter the court of your imaginary god, where any lie you tell automatically requires no evidence, simply because its your court in your head.

When you can prove your god, you won't be regarded as a mentally ill creationist troll with no thing of worth to say to atheists.

Location hidden

#3868 Sep 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty funny, sport- you expect me to agree that a court of Man is the highest authority. As far as exiting this forum, that's pretty funny as well. You should review the 1st Amendment- which, by the way,(aside from freedom of speech) gaurantees freedom of religon, which I can ALSO agree that it doesn't mean you have to have one. You should be aware that I am aware I'm not strong on preaching to you but if we were ever geographically in close proximity, you'd know I don't preach, I do.
In the world, people nod and smile at you mentally ill folk, but here I am, trying to help you.
LCNLin

United States

#3869 Sep 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I could thank God every hour that no one else is as paranoid as you and it wouldn't be enough.
Seems more of a good person pretending to advocate an idea of which he is not certain?

outdoors

#3870 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
In the world, people nod and smile at you mentally ill folk, but here I am, trying to help you.
Wrongagain, sport. Being of a religious nature is NOT considered mentally ill anywhere, except on this forum (or others like it). Also, you would be surprised at my place in the world.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3871 Sep 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty funny, sport- you expect me to agree that a court of Man is the highest authority.
It is-- unless you can **prove** you have something higher still?

By producing this "god" thing you claim is real?

No?

Then the court of man (as you so quaintly put it) is the highest we humans are aware of.

Your lies to the contrary just do not hold any weight.

The US Constitution specifically says so.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3872 Sep 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Wrongagain, sport. Being of a religious nature is NOT considered mentally ill anywhere, except on this forum (or others like it). Also, you would be surprised at my place in the world.
Nope-- anyone who actually thinks they can **bend** reality with just their thoughts?(prayers)

Is batshit insane.

That would include... you.

outdoors

#3873 Sep 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It is-- unless you can **prove** you have something higher still?
By producing this "god" thing you claim is real?
No?
Then the court of man (as you so quaintly put it) is the highest we humans are aware of.
Your lies to the contrary just do not hold any weight.
The US Constitution specifically says so.
You know the best part of your replies? That you are smug in your conviction that man is alone in deciding his Destiny. As an aside to your occasional diatribe that the story of the Bible is an amalgamation of legends and beliefs of other ancient religons, realize also that the Constitution is a hodgepodge of many other constitutions- even borrowing some of it's wisdom from Native Americans. So now perhaps you realize why I don't study much the Old Testament- only the Words of Jesus Christ put me in my place. You and those of your kind cannot sway me, cannot shake my belief in Christ and His message of Salvation, sport. But please, continue to try. It is amusing.

outdoors

#3874 Sep 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope-- anyone who actually thinks they can **bend** reality with just their thoughts?(prayers)
Is batshit insane.
That would include... you.
Ah- more amusement. Your continuing belief that prayers are akin to letters to Santa Claus. That must have been a very shallow bunch you used to run around with.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3875 Sep 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You know the best part of your replies? That you are smug in your conviction that man is alone in deciding his Destiny.
Do you have proof of a god, then?

Are you ready to produce this proof?

No?

And no?

Then I am correct-- humans are alone on earth-- your god simply isn't there at all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3876 Sep 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah- more amusement. Your continuing belief that prayers are akin to letters to Santa Claus. That must have been a very shallow bunch you used to run around with.
Prayers are quite shallow, I agree.

They are also demonstrative of a damaged personality: you believe you can bend reality with your thoughts (prayers).

Your idiocy above? Does not refute my observation.

You **do** think you can **change** reality by praying.

You are nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min Patrick 11,624
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min Thinking 254,946
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Thinking 4,252
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr MIDutch 29,534
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Pahu 3,509
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Patrick 9,608
Religion Down Suicide Up 13 hr Patrick 87
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 14 hr Richard 50,963
More from around the web