Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: Religion Dispatched 3,766

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3836 Sep 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it, I repeated it- see for yourself: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TPJGSD... , you too, bob. Last line.
Its because your cult's full of sh*t,

That you're stuck here in the atheism forum, apologising for it.

Location hidden

#3837 Sep 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Here ya go, sheldon, last line: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TPJGSD...
Sorry, that isn't proof of god. You've failed to be honest again.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3838 Sep 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
How Jesus of you: attempting to insult.
Wrong as usual, sheldon- Jesus didn't insult. If you want to be accurate and all that, try, "How 'bob' of you."

outdoors

#3839 Sep 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because your cult's full of sh*t,
That you're stuck here in the atheism forum, apologising for it.
You really have a slim grasp on reality, haven't you? I've never made any attempt to apologise for my Faith, sport. YOU should apologise for wasting posts in your feeble attepmts to be insulting and coniving, neither of which your mental ability is capable. Instead of being a poor echo of bob, why don't you be more original?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3840 Sep 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong as usual, sheldon- Jesus didn't insult.
Really?

So how on **EARTH** do you JUSTIFY YOUR CONTINUED INSULTS?

Hmmm?

You are so Jesus (full of hate)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3841 Sep 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You really have a slim grasp on reality, haven't you? I've never made any attempt to apologise for my Faith, sport. YOU should apologise for wasting posts in your feeble attepmts to be insulting and coniving, neither of which your mental ability is capable. Instead of being a poor echo of bob, why don't you be more original?
Oh, such hate oozing from you.

You are **really** channeling your inner Jesus here.

outdoors

#3842 Sep 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
So how on **EARTH** do you JUSTIFY YOUR CONTINUED INSULTS?
Hmmm?
You are so Jesus (full of hate)
I'm confused, bob- are you really this (1)stoopid,(2)paranoid or (3)confused? Wait, I know, the answer is "6". 1+2+3, I shoulda known. Jesus got angry a few times but He didn't hate.
LCNLin

United States

#3843 Sep 22, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm confused, bob- are you really this (1)stoopid,(2)paranoid or (3)confused? Wait, I know, the answer is "6". 1+2+3, I shoulda known. Jesus got angry a few times but He didn't hate.
Is Bob a Christian posting weak posts to embarrass atheists?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#3844 Sep 22, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm confused, bob- are you really this (1)stoopid,(2)paranoid or (3)confused? Wait, I know, the answer is "6". 1+2+3, I shoulda known. Jesus got angry a few times but He didn't hate.
you dont know your jebus to well do ya?

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

-Luke 14:26

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3845 Sep 22, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
You are so Jesus(hateful) it's actually funny.

outdoors

#3846 Sep 23, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont know your jebus to well do ya?
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
-Luke 14:26
I DO know the internet, this is from Christianity.net :

In luke 14 verse 26 to 27 in the new testament, Jesus said: If anyone comes to me and doesn’t hate his brother mother, father, wife and children and his own life, he cannot be my disciple. What does this mean because i thought you had to love others as much as you love yourself.

someone

Gidday,

A great question that deserves a longer answer than I can give here. However I am constrained so I’ll keep it short.

Jesus is not teaching a new commandment of hating people. He is teaching about the cost of following Him.
The clue is in Luke 14:33 when Jesus says:

“In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”

It’s about what we must be prepared to do to follow Jesus. It’s about giving up everything, even our very lives for Him. He doesn’t say,“by doing this you will get into heaven”. Jesus clearly teaches that through faith in Him we have eternal life (John 3:16). Through His death on the cross, we have the forgiveness of sins (Romans 6:23).

outdoors

#3847 Sep 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Bob a Christian posting weak posts to embarrass atheists?
Nah, he's just a poor lost hater who cannot add.

Location hidden

#3848 Sep 23, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You really have a slim grasp on reality, haven't you? I've never made any attempt to apologise for my Faith, sport. YOU should apologise for wasting posts in your feeble attepmts to be insulting and coniving, neither of which your mental ability is capable. Instead of being a poor echo of bob, why don't you be more original?
Nope, that's not proof of he creationist god you're lying to is about either. When will you learn?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3849 Sep 23, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I DO know the internet, this is from Christianity.net :
A Liar For Jewsus(jesus) hate-website for sure.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3850 Sep 23, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, he's just a poor lost hater who cannot add.
How Jesus of you.
LCNLin

United States

#3851 Sep 23, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
She is fun to read and possibly a middle school student ?

Location hidden

#3852 Sep 24, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
The only one with no grasp on reality, is the creationist liar for his cult, taking a semantic beating for trying to lie to us about a god you have no evidence for. And plenty of evidence against.

outdoors

#3853 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
A Liar For Jewsus(jesus) hate-website for sure.
LOL!
I could thank God every hour that no one else is as paranoid as you and it wouldn't be enough.

Location hidden

#3854 Sep 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I could thank God every hour that no one else is as paranoid as you and it wouldn't be enough.
Thanking an imaginary god is the ultimate expression of a paranoid delusion.

Location hidden

#3855 Sep 26, 2013
But thanking an imaginary god Every Hour - well that's definitely a mental illness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Aura Mytha 233,131
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr Morse 2,615
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 5 hr SnuffAGlobalist 18
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Morse 23,260
$13.5m for jehovah’s witness sex victim 9 hr P_Smith 2
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 9 hr P_Smith 9
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr Morse 1,455
More from around the web