Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3817 Sep 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Yes yes yes- we already know that the sheldon coopers of the world have no room in their iddy biddy minds for anything but facts. Faith is a nonmeasureable thing that cannot be quantified, weighed or presented as evidence in a court of law (or a high school science fair) so it is unacceptable- we already got that, sport. Here's the easy way to do it- go back and look at your quote and pretend I wrote it- that should make it easy.
You have no proof of god and don't know when to shut the f*ck up about your faded bashed in the courts 2005 creationist cult.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3818 Sep 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate speech. Classic Genuine Christian™ hate, too.
<quoted text>
In short? Faith is delusion.
Or bluntly, faith is lying to yourself.
Good! You are learning, finally.
<quoted text>
More hate speech. Classic Genuine Christian™ hate, too.
How sad, atheists have no faith. Not in themselves, their families, their abilities, their jobs, their vehicles, their lawnmowers, their hygeine, their spouses, there kids, their dogs, etc. how sad to be an stheist.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3820 Sep 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>How sad, atheists have no faith. Not in themselves, their families, their abilities, their jobs, their vehicles, their lawnmowers, their hygeine, their spouses, there kids, their dogs, etc. how sad to be an stheist.
The above bullshit? Is classic godbottery:

The godbot in question is falsely equating multiple-meanings of the word faith into a single, delusional meaning.

This is one of the classic ways to LIE.

He seems unaware that "faith" can mean many things.

FACT-BASED faith is one thing-- all people use this mental short-cut, all the time.

But NON-FACT based faith is RELIGIOUS faith-- and is just formalized lying.

It is truly sad to be such a liar, as in the above...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3819 Sep 15, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>How sad, atheists have no faith. Not in themselves, their families, their abilities, their jobs, their vehicles, their lawnmowers, their hygeine, their spouses, there kids, their dogs, etc. how sad to be an stheist.
Sad that you have to post what you know to be lies about others. why is that? to compensate for your lack of rational thinking?

to compensate for your lack of being able to defend the cult you know you cannot defend but are to weak personally to divest yourself from? what an ugly life that must be...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3821 Sep 16, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
Wow!... Seriously??? I really hope you're not as stupid as this post makes you appear.
LCNLin

United States

#3822 Sep 16, 2013
atheist philosophy not convincing?

Location hidden

#3823 Sep 16, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
You have a lot of say about atheists, but no proof to back up the cult you lie about every single day.

Its pathetic how you can even shows your face here while providing no evidence for your mental illness applying to anybody but yourself.

Location hidden

#3824 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
creationist trolls ineffective no question mark.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3825 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
There's no such thing as 'atheist philosophy'. Atheism is merely a disbelief in the existence of any deity. Atheism, in and of itself is not an epistemological system with premises about how we know what we know. At best, it uses other epistemologies to reach its conclusions about what we know about whether there is a god. Atheism does not, in and of itself, propose any system of ethics that arises necessarily out of the non-existence of god. It merely proposes that we must look somewhere other than to god for the basis of ethics.

Ayn Rand and Josef Stalin were both atheists. Beyond their agreement in the non-existence of any deity, what else do you think they have in common as far as beliefs? Pretty much nothing. And that is sufficient to disprove the existence of any supposed 'atheist philosophy'.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#3826 Sep 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you would need to show where i implied, inferred, or made any leap from anything anyone said.
i generally deal just in facts.
seems you are unable to even back up these silly statements of yours, as usual. another liar...imagine that.
Isn't ironic that an xtian would accuse anyone of twisting or "leaping" things?
I mean, their whole religion is based on make believe.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#3827 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>
The godbot in question is falsely equating multiple-meanings of the word faith into a single, delusional meaning.
FACT-BASED faith is one thing-- all people use this mental short-cut, all the time.
That is why I prefer to say blind faith instead of just faith. These people will search for any loop holes to sprout their shyt.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3828 Sep 17, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I prefer to say blind faith instead of just faith. These people will search for any loop holes to sprout their shyt.
Yes, "blind faith" is more descriptive, if a tad redundant.

:)

In Topix, on these atheist threads? I tend to ignore all the various definitions of faith, excepting for one: religious faith, or as you so aptly say, blind faith.

That simplifies my comments, but can lead to sometimes confusion, if ever we get a god-botherer who actually understands a bit, that the word "faith" can have more than one meaning.

These are rare-- most do not understand such subtleties, though.

And in their simple minds, they actually do confuse all the various meanings as being but one: blind faith.

Silly they-- failing to recognize that one can have faith that is based on evidence and fact.

This is likely because they've never considered anything beyond their own narrow mindset.

What a waste.

outdoors

#3829 Sep 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Not lying, bob. Unlike you, I didn't invent a new meaning for a word, I simply took you at YOUR word. If you wish to crawfish and bac away from what you said...but gee, why would you change now?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3830 Sep 17, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Not lying, bob.
Nope... you pretty much lie 24/7. It's what you people do.

You literally cannot help yourself. It's kinda sad, really.
huntcoyotes wrote:
Unlike you, I didn't invent a new meaning for a word,
Which word would that be? Or are you simply lying as is your habit?

LOL!

My money is on you--lying. It's what you do.
huntcoyotes wrote:
I simply took you at YOUR word.
Then **QUOTE** me-- post a link to my **ACTUAL** words, and not your twisted LIE.

Can you do it?

No?

Then-- you are lying.

As per your habit.
huntcoyotes wrote:
If you wish to crawfish and bac away from what you said...but gee, why would you change now?
Aaaaand there it is: the pathetic attempt to insult.

When you lose? You **always** stoop to insults.

How Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3831 Sep 17, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It is very Jesus of them.

(see what I did there? LOL!)

Location hidden

#3832 Sep 18, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Not lying, bob. Unlike you, I didn't invent a new meaning for a word, I simply took you at YOUR word. If you wish to crawfish and bac away from what you said...but gee, why would you change now?
its because he's a creationist idiot who is too frightened to admit that god isn't real.

outdoors

#3833 Sep 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot of say about atheists, but no proof to back up the cult you lie about every single day.
Its pathetic how you can even shows your face here while providing no evidence for your mental illness applying to anybody but yourself.
I didn't say it, I repeated it- see for yourself: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TPJGSD... , you too, bob. Last line.

outdoors

#3834 Sep 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope... you pretty much lie 24/7. It's what you people do.
You literally cannot help yourself. It's kinda sad, really.
<quoted text>
Which word would that be? Or are you simply lying as is your habit?
LOL!
My money is on you--lying. It's what you do.
<quoted text>
Then **QUOTE** me-- post a link to my **ACTUAL** words, and not your twisted LIE.
Can you do it?
No?
Then-- you are lying.
As per your habit.
<quoted text>Here ya go, sheldon: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TPJGSD... - last line.
Aaaaand there it is: the pathetic attempt to insult.
When you lose? You **always** stoop to insults.
How Jesus of you.
Here ya go, sheldon, last line: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TPJGSD...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3835 Sep 20, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Here ya go, sheldon,
How Jesus of you: attempting to insult.

Location hidden

#3836 Sep 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it, I repeated it- see for yourself: http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TPJGSD... , you too, bob. Last line.
Its because your cult's full of sh*t,

That you're stuck here in the atheism forum, apologising for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Brian_G 51,333
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 min Eagle 12 11,399
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 28 min Eagle 12 22,091
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 31 min Regolith Based Li... 24,639
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 2 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,641
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 6 hr Richardfs 5,788
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr Dogen 460
More from around the web