Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#3734 Sep 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Why do you continue to display HATE to me every chance you get?
Hmmmm?
Your continued use of insults, name-calling, patronizing tone, slurs, personal slurs?
Those behaviors sum up your hate of me.
And since you **claim** to be a follower of this Jesus Cult?
It's pretty safe to presume it's just another cult of HATE.
All based on YOU, naturally.
Classic comedy. Jesus is a great symbol of love. You take that as an attack. You have no clue how funny you are.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#3735 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
More display of your hate, and bigotry too!
Eight? I've lost count of the times you proved what a **bigot** you are here.
We should start counting when you do a Bobbing post.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#3736 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
What I call hate? Is every time you lambaste me (and others), every time you call me names, every time you denigrate me as a PERSON?
Every time you attack ME, PERSONALLY?
I call that hate.
You cannot refute my statements at all-- you do not even try.
Nor can you refute my criticism of YOUR statements-- you do not even try.
You, instead, stoop to posts of hate.
You denigrate yourself as a person. I just agree with your Atheist mythology. It does apply to you. If you call that hate, you should not include others to your belief system.

I honestly can not refute your criticism, and I am too intelligent to try. Will you Bob, or will your reading comprehension fail you? If I had a wager on which result I'd get, it would not be a waste of time.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3737 Sep 2, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> No it wasn't. It was people who had religion as part of their lives. I know, the modern soldier who is far less religious is different. Yet I see no difference by your assertions. Wait, if you are gay, do you think that there will be a major war to carry the rainbow flag to its just position in the world. We all follow what leadership tells us. And that circumvents Bible scripture which you are not fond of anyway. Europeans were watered down in Christianity before Americans. Americans up to world War 1 followed scripture a bit more even with the massive flaws we had. The bible works excellently if all follow it. We don't.
really? following a bible that tells you to kill in the name of your god works well? a bible that tells you it is OK to won slaves works well?

you are not up this level of debate, little minded boy....

St. Croix valley

#3738 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic comedy. Jesus is a great symbol of love. You take that as an attack. You have no clue how funny you are.
lots of proven myths are symbols of love. santa clause, the little guy with the bow and arrow...

basing your life on proven myths is not a rational thing to do...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3740 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your personal attack?

It appears that is all you can manage.

As for jesus?

If he **was** a symbol of love?

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HATE POURING FROM HIS PRESENT-DAY FOLLOWERS?

Hmmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3741 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
We should start counting when you do a Bobbing post.
Hate speech noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3742 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You denigrate yourself as a person. I just agree with your Atheist mythology. It does apply to you. If you call that hate, you should not include others to your belief system.
Hate speech noted.

I have no beliefs.
Robert Stevens wrote:
I honestly can not refute your criticism,
Of course you cannot!

You lack the intelligence.

You lack the will.

You lack the humanity.

But most of all? Your HATE won't let you.
LCNLin

United States

#3743 Sep 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>lots of proven myths are symbols of love. santa clause, the little guy with the bow and arrow...
basing your life on proven myths is not a rational thing to do...
Not proven!
Same old post over and over again
LOL
LCNLin

United States

#3744 Sep 2, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care about your bible crap. it is the gay part and you know it. Whether God is real or not, it tells you the worse of what we are. and you don't like it. So you use everyone else's faults against them to get your way. and as you have gotten your way, we are moving to anything goes sexual culture of acceptance. And then someone pays for it. The truth will set you freeee! Human flaws tells us that we never have enough. There is always more.
Has problems with his proofs, always some time in the past!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3745 Sep 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic creationist typing simply because he has a keyboard in his asylum.
Will Loose

Ashburn, VA

#3746 Sep 2, 2013
the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/l9hzel4

St. Croix valley

#3747 Sep 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
yet when i give the proof to you, you run away. every single time...why is that?

yes, proven false myths. proven to you in particular many, many times.

St. Croix valley

#3748 Sep 2, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care about your bible crap. it is the gay part and you know it. Whether God is real or not, it tells you the worse of what we are. and you don't like it. So you use everyone else's faults against them to get your way. and as you have gotten your way, we are moving to anything goes sexual culture of acceptance. And then someone pays for it. The truth will set you freeee! Human flaws tells us that we never have enough. There is always more.
you should talk about your prejudices and bigotry towards gays to a gay person. i have told you many times over that i am not gay.
LCNLin

United States

#3749 Sep 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet when i give the proof to you, you run away. every single time...why is that?
yes, proven false myths. proven to you in particular many, many times.
Remind us of your proof of atheism ;-)
Post it again?
LCNLin

United States

#3750 Sep 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet again, it was not the dictators that did all that killing. mostly it was people of religious faith doing the killing for them....
Cite proof for this and don't run away ;-)
LCNLin

United States

#3751 Sep 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes,i did put you in checkmate...
an atheist just acknowledging that the religious cult gods have been proven false, and there is no proof of any other god, gods, or goddesses...
quite the religion, huh?
---that the religious cult gods have been proven false---

Cite your proof and don't run away ;-)

Location hidden

#3752 Sep 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind us of your proof of atheism ;-)
Post it again?
You want all the findings of science over the last thousand years in one post in this forum?????

You stupid creationist f*ck.

Location hidden

#3753 Sep 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite proof for this and don't run away ;-)
Says the mentally ill creationist who can't tell the truth.

Location hidden

#3754 Sep 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
---that the religious cult gods have been proven false---
Cite your proof and don't run away ;-)
Can't prove you god - lost for words. Go on attack Dawkins, or tell us the news once again.

You will be banned soon, it doesn't matter what you say creationist liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Aura Mytha 40,286
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr woodtick57 20,580
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 255,908
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr gin ertz 3,745
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 15,753
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr IB DaMann 182
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr emperorjohn 4,627
More from around the web