Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#3661 Aug 31, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, "...in other places"...like much of your hate-rhetoric, your word is supposed to be good enough...my my my, what a hypocrite you are. I'm not sure who my "bettors" are as we haven't mentioned any wagers (or is that "wagors"?). I've yet to lie, sheldon- by NOT saying what you feel is my role to post, I suppose THAT is what you are refering to. Face it, bob, your only COA is to whine, bitch, complain and attempt belittling insults to people who follow the spirt of Jesus Christ simply because you cannot fathom what His message is. You would prefer people follow the vanity that accompanies intellect- ignoring the peace that is a characteristic of Wisdom- how shallow of you. I pity you.
He might not think you are lying. Quantum Bob, has the worst reading comprehension. It's what makes his post so funny.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3663 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"shallow" but makes up for it with frequent Hate posts.
still running away from the proof you forced me to give you yet again so you could run away from it yet again?

why is it again you cannot counter those facts?
lolo

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#3664 Aug 31, 2013

&li st=PL5A42AEFD1398D7E2

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3665 Aug 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
He might not think you are lying. Quantum Bob, has the worst reading comprehension. It's what makes his post so funny.
More hate from a True Believer™, showing his True Colors once again.
LCNLin

United States

#3666 Aug 31, 2013
In the News - UK on Syria

The British parliamentary rejection of military intervention in Syria Thursday night was not a sign of isolationism or nonchalance over the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Syrian regime, but rather it reflects a necessary use of caution and prudence in these chaotic times.

Coming a decade after the country tumbled headfirst into the disaster which became the Iraq war, the British public is clearly still feeling bruised, reticent to trust their politicians. After the facts and truths were so grossly manipulated back in 2003, and the motive for war was premised on the possibility of the presence of WMD, it is understandable that people are now wary of evidence placed before them. Especially when there are still so many unknowns surrounding last week’s attack east of Damascus, which rebels say killed hundreds.

Indeed, during the lengthy debate in Parliament, MPs referred specifically to the Iraq debacle, a war so ill thought out that it is still claiming hundreds of lives each month in sectarian violence. Once bitten, twice shy.

And this loss of trustworthiness, stemming from a neglect of the values of transparency and openness, is being felt across western Europe and in the U.S., with opinion polls very firmly highlighting public opposition to intervention. The public is sick of war, and full of skepticism over any long-term objectives. It all too often appears that foreign policy advisers are stumbling into decisions, forced into corners due to global allegiances or rivalries. Understandably, people become wary that the best motives are truly influencing these decisions.

But whereas Cameron appeared to have clumsily rushed through a motion, which at least he allowed the opposition to modify, perhaps the U.S. is going to be more careful. John Kerry spoke Friday evening with confidence over intelligence which pointed, without a shadow of a doubt, to the regime being responsible. It was the speech Cameron should have given before his parliamentary vote.

The use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime, a claim which the evidence thus far seems to support, is an outrageous act, and the culprits must be punished, as Kerry stated. Those responsible must realize they cannot carry out such acts ever again. But to carry out a punitive strike, to merely satisfy Western consciences, is not the way to do this. Such a crude use of military power, rushed into and poorly planned, with no thought to the repercussions, would do more harm than good. Possibly with this in mind, Kerry was right to assure the public that any intervention in Syria would bear no similarity to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

With an issue as sensitive as this, in a part of the region so critical, the international community must be as scrupulous and as careful as it can be with the facts. It must consider all outcomes of its actions, and have answers on what happens tomorrow. And the war-weary public rightly expects as much.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Opinion/Editorial...
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb )

St. Croix valley

#3667 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
In the News - UK on Syria
The British parliamentary rejection of military intervention in Syria Thursday night was not a sign of isolationism or nonchalance over the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Syrian regime, but rather it reflects a necessary use of caution and prudence in these chaotic times.
Coming a decade after the country tumbled headfirst into the disaster which became the Iraq war, the British public is clearly still feeling bruised, reticent to trust their politicians. After the facts and truths were so grossly manipulated back in 2003, and the motive for war was premised on the possibility of the presence of WMD, it is understandable that people are now wary of evidence placed before them. Especially when there are still so many unknowns surrounding last week’s attack east of Damascus, which rebels say killed hundreds.
Indeed, during the lengthy debate in Parliament, MPs referred specifically to the Iraq debacle, a war so ill thought out that it is still claiming hundreds of lives each month in sectarian violence. Once bitten, twice shy.
And this loss of trustworthiness, stemming from a neglect of the values of transparency and openness, is being felt across western Europe and in the U.S., with opinion polls very firmly highlighting public opposition to intervention. The public is sick of war, and full of skepticism over any long-term objectives. It all too often appears that foreign policy advisers are stumbling into decisions, forced into corners due to global allegiances or rivalries. Understandably, people become wary that the best motives are truly influencing these decisions.
But whereas Cameron appeared to have clumsily rushed through a motion, which at least he allowed the opposition to modify, perhaps the U.S. is going to be more careful. John Kerry spoke Friday evening with confidence over intelligence which pointed, without a shadow of a doubt, to the regime being responsible. It was the speech Cameron should have given before his parliamentary vote.
The use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime, a claim which the evidence thus far seems to support, is an outrageous act, and the culprits must be punished, as Kerry stated. Those responsible must realize they cannot carry out such acts ever again. But to carry out a punitive strike, to merely satisfy Western consciences, is not the way to do this. Such a crude use of military power, rushed into and poorly planned, with no thought to the repercussions, would do more harm than good. Possibly with this in mind, Kerry was right to assure the public that any intervention in Syria would bear no similarity to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
With an issue as sensitive as this, in a part of the region so critical, the international community must be as scrupulous and as careful as it can be with the facts. It must consider all outcomes of its actions, and have answers on what happens tomorrow. And the war-weary public rightly expects as much.
Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Opinion/Editorial...
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb )
still running away from my proof?
LCNLin

United States

#3668 Aug 31, 2013
George W. Bush On Syria:'I Was Not A Fan Of Mr. Assad'

The Huffington Post | By Paige Lavender Posted:

Former President George W. Bush opened up about the situation in Syria on Friday, saying he "was not a fan" of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

“He's an ally of Iran and he's made mischief," Bush told Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on Friday morning.

Bush tried to resist when Kilmeade asked about a potential strike on Syria, saying he knew the Fox host was "trying to subtly roll me into the issues of the day."

"I refuse to be roped in," Bush said.

Bush did say President Barack Obama "has to make a tough call" on Syria.

"Putting our military into harm's way is the toughest decision a president will make," Bush said.

Bush said people should learn from 9/11 when considering a potential attack on Syria, noting the U.S. can't ignore what's going on in other parts of the world.

"As time passes, people forget the lessons of September 11," Bush said. "One of the key lessons is the human condition elsewhere matters to the security of the United States."

According to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, most Americans are doubtful that airstrikes in Syria would do much to curb the turmoil there. An NBC News poll released Friday showed 50 percent of Americans said the U.S. should not take action against Syria in response to the use of chemical weapons, while 42 percent supported intervention.
LCNLin

United States

#3669 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you could start with how an already proven false god could create Jesus...
<laughing>

Checkmate

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3670 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
George W. Bush On Syria:'I Was Not A Fan Of Mr. Assad'
The Huffington Post | By Paige Lavender Posted:
Former President George W. Bush opened up about the situation in Syria on Friday, saying he "was not a fan" of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
“He's an ally of Iran and he's made mischief," Bush told Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on Friday morning.
Bush tried to resist when Kilmeade asked about a potential strike on Syria, saying he knew the Fox host was "trying to subtly roll me into the issues of the day."
"I refuse to be roped in," Bush said.
Bush did say President Barack Obama "has to make a tough call" on Syria.
"Putting our military into harm's way is the toughest decision a president will make," Bush said.
Bush said people should learn from 9/11 when considering a potential attack on Syria, noting the U.S. can't ignore what's going on in other parts of the world.
"As time passes, people forget the lessons of September 11," Bush said. "One of the key lessons is the human condition elsewhere matters to the security of the United States."
According to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, most Americans are doubtful that airstrikes in Syria would do much to curb the turmoil there. An NBC News poll released Friday showed 50 percent of Americans said the U.S. should not take action against Syria in response to the use of chemical weapons, while 42 percent supported intervention.
This creationist cult member knows that he is a liar for this cult.

and he wants us all to become like him - a pathetic wastrel who lies all data long to complete strangers in forums, trying to convert em to creationism through bad arguments.

Location hidden

#3671 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still running away from the proof you forced me to give you yet again so you could run away from it yet again?
why is it again you cannot counter those facts?
One word answer: creationist.

St. Croix valley

#3672 Sep 1, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
<laughing>
Checkmate
yes,i did put you in checkmate...

an atheist just acknowledging that the religious cult gods have been proven false, and there is no proof of any other god, gods, or goddesses...

quite the religion, huh?

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3673 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
FOUR-- FOUR opportunities to voice your support for the current president.
FOUR.
Did you?
Nope.
My statement stands: YOU ARE BIGOTED.
Poor misguided sheldon/bob...the "support the POTUS" forum is >>>thataway. I was raised a little differently than you, bob. In truth, if I wanted to support the Prez, I could do it a lot more than four times- I could do it with e-v-e-r-y post. You know, like you, make stuff up and proclaim it Truth because I said so. So let me get this straight- everyone who responds to you is required to support the POTUS, else the aren't ignoring their Constitutional Right of Freedom of Speech because they do not agree with you- is that about right?

Location hidden

#3674 Sep 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Poor misguided sheldon/bob...the "support the POTUS" forum is >>>thataway. I was raised a little differently than you, bob. In truth, if I wanted to support the Prez, I could do it a lot more than four times- I could do it with e-v-e-r-y post. You know, like you, make stuff up and proclaim it Truth because I said so. So let me get this straight- everyone who responds to you is required to support the POTUS, else the aren't ignoring their Constitutional Right of Freedom of Speech because they do not agree with you- is that about right?
Cowardly creationist piece of sh*t continues to type his lies...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3675 Sep 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Poor misguided sheldon/bob...the "support the POTUS" forum is >>>thataway. I was raised a little differently than you, bob. In truth, if I wanted to support the Prez, I could do it a lot more than four times- I could do it with e-v-e-r-y post. You know, like you, make stuff up and proclaim it Truth because I said so. So let me get this straight- everyone who responds to you is required to support the POTUS, else the aren't ignoring their Constitutional Right of Freedom of Speech because they do not agree with you- is that about right?
Five chances to PROVE YOU ARE NOT JUST ANOTHER BIGOT/RACIST.

Fail.

outdoors

#3676 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Five chances to PROVE YOU ARE NOT JUST ANOTHER BIGOT/RACIST.
Fail.
You get the same number of chances to prove you aren't a flaming cross-dressing limp-wristed cheerleader for the allgay sports league, sport. You're going to have to, as I've already testified, proven and pointed out that it's you who is the racist/bigot/hypocrite on this forum. PS- I've supported the President (but like you) in other places.

outdoors

#3677 Sep 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowardly creationist piece of sh*t continues to type his lies...
Tell me, sir, which part of that was a lie? Tell me at least once, sir, how you define "coward"/ You have been unable to thus far...or are you simply afraid to?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#3678 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
More hate from a True Believer™, showing his True Colors once again.
Your bad reading comprehension has nothing to do with any of my thoughts or beliefs.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#3679 Sep 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me, sir, which part of that was a lie? Tell me at least once, sir, how you define "coward"/ You have been unable to thus far...or are you simply afraid to?
I think in the real world Bob is a bully. Most likely he has students that wouldn't dare disagree with him. Student that scout him brown nose like crazy. If you want a good grade you roll your eyes every time God is mentioned, and from time to time pronounce it Gawd.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3680 Sep 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You get the same number of chances to prove you aren't a flaming cross-dressing limp-wristed cheerleader for the allgay sports league, sport. You're going to have to, as I've already testified, proven and pointed out that it's you who is the racist/bigot/hypocrite on this forum. PS- I've supported the President (but like you) in other places.
Six chances. Fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3681 Sep 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me, sir, which part of that was a lie? Tell me at least once, sir, how you define "coward"/ You have been unable to thus far...or are you simply afraid to?
Seven.

Fail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min Eagle 12 18,512
A Universe from Nothing? 7 min u196533dm 510
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min scientia potentia... 43,188
News Why I quit atheism 56 min emperorjohn 702
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr emperorjohn 200
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr emperorjohn 750
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Ronnie Pickering 256,552
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr Thinking 5,688
More from around the web