Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3622 Aug 30, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, nice example of tunnel vision, sheldon. You, as well, haven't posted anything defending the POTUS...another example of hypocrisy on your part. Now let me take this opportunity to thank YOU for playing and proving my point. PS- did you see the news? Congree has exempted athiest organizations as tax-exempt, citing their "religous nature"- lol...
idiot with no proof of god.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3623 Aug 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot with no proof of god.
The two adjectives have nothing to do with each other, genius. A true sign of a liberal- throw out mindless insults and see if anything sticks. Hey sheldon- google "Temar Boggs", it should be a great story for you.

outdoors

#3624 Aug 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my point-- again.
If you **really** respected the president? You'd have said so before now.
But you have complained about President Obama previously-- and even now, when you had an opportunity to say something positive?
And in so doing, prove my earlier remarks wrong?
You did **not** do that-- you just talked **around** the whole thing, as in the above.
Thanks for playing!
You continue to confirm my observations that you are just another hate-cultist.
Gee, sheldon, I respect a LOT of people that I have yet to mention- if that is the prerequsite you insist upon then you respect barely anyone- lol. Pretty funny, sport- you complain about what I post and if I haven't posted anything even periferally related to the forum, you complain about THAT as well. My goodness, what a hypocrite you are. I pity you.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#3625 Aug 30, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>The two adjectives have nothing to do with each other, genius. A true sign of a liberal- throw out mindless insults and see if anything sticks. Hey sheldon- google "Temar Boggs", it should be a great story for you.
I may not agree with Skeptic on his tactics and verbiage at times, but he has a point and is right when he states you have no evidence.

It would be easy enough to have him stop his questions and derogatory comments if you produced the evidence he ask for.

outdoors

#3626 Aug 31, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not agree with Skeptic on his tactics and verbiage at times, but he has a point and is right when he states you have no evidence.
It would be easy enough to have him stop his questions and derogatory comments if you produced the evidence he ask for.
You came in late. I stated some pages ago that there is no evidence I can post nor links to provide with something observable and measureable by any of the five senses. If someone else can, then more power to them. To me, a relationship with Christ is too personal to provide evidence for, you simply have to invite him into your heart and only then will you feel Him, know He is real. These atheists want something measureable and evidence as you would find in a court of law- that ain't happening.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#3627 Aug 31, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You came in late. I stated some pages ago that there is no evidence I can post nor links to provide with something observable and measureable by any of the five senses. If someone else can, then more power to them. To me, a relationship with Christ is too personal to provide evidence for, you simply have to invite him into your heart and only then will you feel Him, know He is real. These atheists want something measureable and evidence as you would find in a court of law- that ain't happening.
Then he is right. Just admit it and then you two can start on new ground.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3628 Aug 31, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You came in late. I stated some pages ago that there is no evidence I can post nor links to provide with something observable and measureable by any of the five senses. If someone else can, then more power to them. To me, a relationship with Christ is too personal to provide evidence for, you simply have to invite him into your heart and only then will you feel Him, know He is real. These atheists want something measureable and evidence as you would find in a court of law- that ain't happening.
you could start with how an already proven false god could create Jesus...
LCNLin

United States

#3629 Aug 31, 2013
"Proven False God,"
Tenant of Atheist philosophy - religion -
Amusing

State Your Proof

St. Croix valley

#3630 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
"Proven False God,"
Tenant of Atheist philosophy - religion -
Amusing
State Your Proof
already stated...many times directly to you./ you were totally unable to counter even one bit of it. not even one bit, as the proof is true.

why was that that you counter even one of the facts proving the Abrahamic god false?
redneck

Glendale, OR

#3631 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
All religious cults should be suspect. islam is following perfectly in the footsteps of its sister cult , christianity. since they worship the same god, that is not surprising.
Different gods. Xtians worship the trinity and to muslim 'there is only one'. ATHEISTS SHOULD BE PHOBIC OF ISLAM. Islam wants to kill them.
LCNLin

United States

#3632 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you could start with how an already

proven false god

could create Jesus...
"...Proven False God...",

State
Your
Proof

St. Croix valley

#3633 Aug 31, 2013
redneck wrote:
<quoted text>Different gods. Xtians worship the trinity and to muslim 'there is only one'. ATHEISTS SHOULD BE PHOBIC OF ISLAM. Islam wants to kill them.
no, same proven false god of Abraham each sect of your cult has added or removed prophets or gods as you see fit to control your cult members...

in fact, this same god of Abraham also tells you to kill people who do not believe in him...why is it you cult members don't even know the words of your own made up god? oh yeah, you are cult members!!!!

St. Croix valley

#3634 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Proven False God...",
State
Your
Proof
already stated directly to you many times. you couldn't counter on bit of it. what makes you think you could now?
LCNLin

United States

#3635 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, same proven false god of Abraham each sect of your cult has added or removed prophets or gods as you see fit to control your cult members...
in fact, this same god of Abraham also tells you to kill people who do not believe in him...why is it you cult members don't even know the words of your own made up god? oh yeah, you are cult members!!!!
"scratch an atheist and out pops an defensive agnostic"

Waiting for your proof...
will be a long wait we all observe.

St. Croix valley

#3636 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"scratch an atheist and out pops an defensive agnostic"
Waiting for your proof...
will be a long wait we all observe.
i also proved that statement false, yet you continue to lie about it...

now you continue to lie about me not giving my proof and you being unable to counter any of it...

?why do you have to lie to support your cult?
LCNLin

United States

#3637 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you could start with how an

already proven false god

could create Jesus...
"..Proven False God...,"

Your Statement :-)

State Your Proof

St. Croix valley

#3638 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"..Proven False God...,"
Your Statement :-)
State Your Proof
i already have. lets start with repeating one of the easy ones...how could the god that created the universe get his own creation story wrong?

St. Croix valley

#3639 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin?*crickets*...*crickets*

LCNLin?...Bueller?...Bueller?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#3640 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i already have. lets start with repeating one of the easy ones...how could the god that created the universe get his own creation story wrong?
If that is your belief, fine. But stop with the crap to other people here. There are people who would take you apart on biblical scripture. I would even believe you if the godless parts of America was all milk and honey. But it seems that the god of government is paying people off and it cost several times more to do the same thing to survive then when the cults had a bigger say. And we have to do it by enslaving many overseas for our foray into the seven deadly sins. There are many in the cults now that believe and/or know their God has left America as a protection also. And that means even more problems. the totalitarian state is now moving rapidly. You'll see.

St. Croix valley

#3641 Aug 31, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> If that is your belief, fine. But stop with the crap to other people here. There are people who would take you apart on biblical scripture. I would even believe you if the godless parts of America was all milk and honey. But it seems that the god of government is paying people off and it cost several times more to do the same thing to survive then when the cults had a bigger say. And we have to do it by enslaving many overseas for our foray into the seven deadly sins. There are many in the cults now that believe and/or know their God has left America as a protection also. And that means even more problems. the totalitarian state is now moving rapidly. You'll see.
oh sweetie...this is the adults talking here...you are way, way out of your league.

funny thing about religious cult members...all studies show that freethinkers and non-beleivers know far more about the religious cults than those people that actually say they are members and believers of those cults.

why is that? let's look at the very first lesson of the Abrahamic cult, from the garden of Eden; "Do not seek knowledge. do just as you are told and all will be perfect."..classic cult rhetoric. cults hate knowledge, it is the nemesis of cults. this is why most cults hate having the supposed word of their god printed and promulgated,(like the Abrahamic cult fought against) it only takes rational, logical people to prove it is false.

back to your wishing for the society you failed miserably at to collapse for you, serfer girl...bye bye...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min TerreH 30,861
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Subduction Zone 70,743
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 7 hr IB DaMann 5,980
Where have all the Atheists gone? 9 hr Eagle 12 122
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Dogen 3,876
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr Into The Night 258,477
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) Sun Eagle 12 70,633
More from around the web