Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3577 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
"Still no proof of your ugly monster-torturing god.",
So?

Do you **have** any proof of your magic-using, invisible sky fairy who uses **torture** to get and keep followers?

No?

We thought not.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3578 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
You're so blind with hatred that you keep tripping over your hate-rhetoric- how sad to be you and filled with such mindless and pointless seething rage.
The rage is 100% you, bub.

As I said?

You **really** need to **stop** looking in a mirror when you type...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3579 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
I've seen people turned around in their hatred or ignorance of the peace and love that is Christ's message to us.
Your "message of peace":

1) act like you are a slave to this jesus character-- giving up all your own personal identity

2) or else he will TORTURE YOU FOREVER

3) but if you DO become a mind-slave? You get to kiss Jesus feet for all eternity--

4) which is NO DIFFERENT FROM OTHER SORTS OF TORTURE.

Riiiiiiight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3580 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
I've seen people turned around in their hatred or ignorance of the peace and love that is Christ's message to us.
Your "message of peace":

1) all homosexuals, even though they were born gay, get INFINITE TORTURE, just because of how they were born

2) all women are **forced** to carry any and all fetuses to term-- even if the fetus is already dead.

2a)**especially** if doing so will cause the woman harm or even kill her

2b) but double-**especially** if she has an active sex life, and enjoys it

3) your cult says all illegal immigrants should be summarily eliminated -- but you can't DO that, so you just want to deny them basic human rights instead

4) you would deny the poor, the lower class basic health care

5) you really hate the President, simply because he's black

.... meh.

Too disgusting to continue ... but the ABOVE is one of MANY messages from your ugly cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3581 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
You aren't on a deadend street bob, you can turn around.
I have.

And you have helped! I now see that all the wasted time I spent when I was a True Believer™ was just that-- wasted time.

Thank you-- your example of hate and bigotry has really helped clear the air.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3582 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>These athiests DO prefer to dwell on the negatives of history, don't they? I'm surprised they haven't embraced the present administration's rhetoric, i.e., "It's Bush's fault!" Have you heard the new answer to the riddle, "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
Name ONE THING that was both NEW and POSITIVE from your ugly religion.

Can you do it?

And by new, I mean something that the earth had not seen previously-- an idea, an invention, a new discovery.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3583 Aug 28, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
rambling again with unsupported generalizations,
LOL
you never learned any world history? your posts do seem to project a complete ignorance of the real world, so it certainly seems plausible...

St. Croix valley

#3584 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>These athiests DO prefer to dwell on the negatives of history, don't they? I'm surprised they haven't embraced the present administration's rhetoric, i.e., "It's Bush's fault!" Have you heard the new answer to the riddle, "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
not dwell, learn from. take these proven false god cults from rational society and there will be less violence in this world, as religion, by its very nature, is inherently divisive...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#3585 Aug 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you never learned any world history? your posts do seem to project a complete ignorance of the real world, so it certainly seems plausible...
Still nothing to add, scooter? Typical.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#3586 Aug 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not dwell, learn from. take these proven false god cults from rational society and there will be less violence in this world, as religion, by its very nature, is inherently divisive...
Sorry, where are my manners...I forgot to ask, "How's your Mom?"

St. Croix valley

#3587 Aug 28, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Still nothing to add, scooter? Typical.
i have given plenty. verifiable proof of religious cults being the bloodiest thing ever invented by humans...

and you cult members still support them, even after the gods they created have been proven wrong and history has shown the cults to promulgate...yes, i'll wait while you look it up....violence in the name of the god they created...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#3589 Aug 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have given plenty. verifiable proof of religious cults being the bloodiest thing ever invented by humans...
and you cult members still support them, even after the gods they created have been proven wrong and history has shown the cults to promulgate...yes, i'll wait while you look it up....violence in the name of the god they created...
Sure, you keep saying you have, but still you refuse to make an argument for your position...you have nothing, buttercup.

St. Croix valley

#3590 Aug 28, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, you keep saying you have, but still you refuse to make an argument for your position...you have nothing, buttercup.
no, in fact, i have given a clear argument with proven, verifiable facts. you just cannot comprehend them as you are incredibly stupid.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3592 Aug 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "message of peace":
1) all homosexuals, even though they were born gay, get INFINITE TORTURE, just because of how they were born
2) all women are **forced** to carry any and all fetuses to term-- even if the fetus is already dead.
2a)**especially** if doing so will cause the woman harm or even kill her
2b) but double-**especially** if she has an active sex life, and enjoys it
3) your cult says all illegal immigrants should be summarily eliminated -- but you can't DO that, so you just want to deny them basic human rights instead
4) you would deny the poor, the lower class basic health care
5) you really hate the President, simply because he's black
.... meh.
Too disgusting to continue ... but the ABOVE is one of MANY messages from your ugly cult.
What happened, bob, run out of drool and had to stop? Don't get dehydrated while running around the mancave as you yell at your computer with my few words on it...lessee,#1- Don't know where you got that one, many sects don't preach that...oh, right, you only pay attention to the ones that feed your blind hatred, got it...#2- Don't know where you got that one either, same as #1...OH, BILLBOARDS!!!!! Yep, those are official banners of Christ, got it...#3- That's an out and out lie, bob. I've heard that many catholic priests tell their parishoners to take in immigrants and help them get settled in, legal or "undocumented Democrats"...#4- Don't know where you got THAT one either, bob- the poor already have a federal mandate in place to allow them free medical treatment, it's been that way for years.#5 is simply an out-and-out lie, bob- be careful you don't bust a vein with all this pressure you must be feeling to create all these lies, it's such a shame you feel this way. I surely do pity you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3593 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>What happened, bob, run out of drool and had to stop?
You seem obsessed with this particular and pathetic attempt to "insult".

Sad, really.

But it is indicative of an uncreative mind full of hate for me.

But exactly as I've come to expect from a "follower of jesus".

You are a credit to your cult of hate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3594 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
#1- Don't know where you got that one, many sects don't preach that...oh, right, you only pay attention to the ones that feed your blind hatred, got it.
I got it from the news, and from your fellow "followers of jesus".

And from **your** attitude.

Your continued use of insulting phrases pretty much proves I was right about it, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3595 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
#2- Don't know where you got that one either, same as
The news, and from listening to your Republican Heroes' comments, also in the news.

Since you "followers of jesus" keep **voting** for these bigots, I just naturally presumed you **agree** with what they spew.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3596 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
I've heard that many catholic priests tell their parishoners to take in immigrants and help them get settled in, legal or "undocumented Democrats"...
That is a flat lie.

Everyone just "knows" that the only think catholic priests want to take in, is little kids...

... so that -- you know -- they can "show them the holy ghost".

... <gag>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3598 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
.#4- Don't know where you got THAT one either, bob-
Listening to your HEROES the Republicans, try yet **again** to repeal Obamacare.

Since you Genuine Christholes™**put** those thugs **into** office?

It is safe to think that you **agree** with everything they do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3599 Aug 28, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
#5 is simply an out-and-out lie, bob
Nope.

I've seen the words by you Genuine Christholes™-- you hate the president and everything he's tried to do since being legally elected.

Your actions speak the loudest of all, after all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min renee 34,088
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 57 min ChristineM 14,843
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 255,494
News Is Atheism Just a Religion In Disguise? (Feb '08) 1 hr Reason Personified 35
Reasoning with Insanity 2 hr Eagle 12 40
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr Eagle 12 4,463
News Why I quit atheism 5 hr Eagle 12 259
More from around the web