Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

JBH

Richmond, Canada

#3536 Aug 26, 2013
++++

Only 4% of US Americans want to invade Syria
Full story: Dear Kitty
Americans strongly oppose U.S. intervention in Syria 's civil war and believe Washington should stay out of the conflict even if reports that Syria's government used deadly chemicals to attack civilians are confirmed, a Reuters/Ipsos poll says.

+++++++=

+++++\\
U.N. inspectors leave Syria hotel, expected to visit site of alleged...
CBS- A U.N. team scheduled to investigate an alleged chemical attack that killed hundreds last week in a Damascus suburb, leaves their Damascus hotel, Aug. 26, 2013.

//++++++

Related to the above reports, UN inspectors accomplish and serve nothing because whatever they come up with, would not be useful, since there won't be allowance of any military action to Syria whatsoever, as 96% US people say so.

Obama has to be under watch that he had better not come about as a dictator against 96% of people's will.

THERE IS THE ESSENTIAL NEED FOR A SOLUTION PROMPTLY.

UN inspectors thus serve no purpose in Syria when the matter is obviously no action permitted into Syria.
And UN inspectors should leave Syria at earliest time.
The resolution in UN ought to be calling the implementation of no more chemical weapons issue that would be ongoing, but dropped entirely, to voice the concern that rebels must stop the troubling unrest in Syria, until it is done with.

This stand is to resolve--while watching and seeing the constant violences for more than 11 years on Iraq, it is to propagate so that Syria cannot be another current Iraq-like situation.

That is the only way.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3537 Aug 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
They are your post, ya Wad!
100% this is creationist.

Location hidden

#3538 Aug 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Refuted everyone you posted...that means ALL of them false facts.
You need to pray a little harder.

The benefit is that that you will be away from civilized society for a little bit longer.
LCNlin

United States

#3539 Aug 26, 2013
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein
LCNlin

United States

#3540 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
100% this is creationist.
Atheist cult is not doing well today.
Dawkins sells his books and all you do is troll
LOL
Amused

Merrimac, MA

#3542 Aug 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember I am an EXPERT, I make smart people feel like they are retarded.
Now, which false fact of yours would you like to see destroyed?
Common lunch meat, here boy...here
"False facts"? Really? As opposed to "True facts" I suppose. If something is false, it is not a fact. If it is a fact, it is not false. When you speak in oxymorons, no one can possibly take your posts seriously.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3543 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein
did Albert explain why science without religion would be lame?(did Einstein even use the word lame like that???)

just taking a saying as true with no proof at all? oh yeah, cult mentality...forgot...

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3544 Aug 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
The sort of faith that HuntingFor describes?
Is the **exact** same faith that lets:
*** people let their kids die because they don't believe in modern medicine
*** people would toss their own children into volcanoes
*** people would send their own children to deliberate suicide missions
*** people would fly airplanes full of people directly into buildings
*** people deny acutal reality itself, to appease this faith
I find it interesting that you choose as examples the minescule exceptions to Christianity prcatised by few christians and even more ludicrous that you lump Christianity and muslims together, but that seems to be the only way you can justify your baseless hatred of religon. I'm amazed you failed to mention snake handling, bob- you're slipping. How sad to be you.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#3545 Aug 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>did Albert explain why science without religion would be lame?(did Einstein even use the word lame like that???)
just taking a saying as true with no proof at all? oh yeah, cult mentality...forgot...
You forget a lot, chipmunk.
assadistough

West Mifflin, PA

#3546 Aug 26, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Wheres te beef?

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3547 Aug 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? Yes-- I **have** seen photographs of an atom.
But even more to the point? I **have** witnessed individual atoms in various test chambers being released.
Buy the same token? I've also witnessed electrons too-- so have you-- anytime you looked at that old-style CRT screen? You witnessed **electrons**.
<quoted text>
Yep. See above. Molecules are even easier to witness than atoms, as it turns out.
DNA? Is so long, it's visible under simple optical microscopes-- for example
So, yeah, I've seen molecules.
<quoted text>
Oh, YES-- DEFINITELY, I have witnessed heat.
Just about a half hour ago? I witnessed all kinds of heat, as I made me a pot of tea.
The hot gasses creating a lovely blue plasma as they combined with oxygen in the air, and the hydrocarbons in the fuel.
Then the heat-waves created in the air, as that accumulated energy rose up from the hot stove-- I witnessed more heat.
Next, I put my tea kettle on, and when the **hot** water reached a specific energy gradient? It turned to gas, and escaped through the hole in the lid-- creating a rakus-- more heat.
And as the water vapor immediately condensed in the relatively **cold** air? It turned white, due to the scattering of liquid water particles in the air, which in turn scattered the light.
More observations of heat.
Next, I slowly poured that near-boiling water (if it were boiling, it would have turned to steam) into a half gallon glass jar, which had bits of plants in the bottom-- the **heat** from the water caused certain chemicals to migrate from the dried plant bits, and contaminated the water into a lovely, rich brown.
But due to the **heat** it is still too hot for what I want.
Once the **heat** has dissipated into my Kitchen's atmosphere? I'll pour me a glass over ...
<quoted text>
... some frozen **water**-- which is ME, witnessing COLD.
That water is so devoid of **heat**, that it has become like a rock.
Nice.
Soon, I'll enjoy both HEAT and COLD at the same time, as my mixture of RELATIVELY HOT WATER and RELATIVELY COLD WATER soothes my parched throat with a glass of Iced Tea.
<quoted text>
I witnessed a skeleton of one. And many photographs.
<quoted text>
Photographs. And recently? Videos too.
<quoted text>
Photographs. Videos. Live TV events.
<quoted text>
Yep. Been there, Done That.
Got it- you haven't actually seen most of these things yet you believe they exist. Just for the record, so do I. Sooo also just for the record, I believe in only one more thing than you do, and for that, you vilify me. Quite the hypocrite, bob.

St. Croix valley

#3548 Aug 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget a lot, chipmunk.
still nothing to add to the discussion?

St. Croix valley

#3549 Aug 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Got it- you haven't actually seen most of these things yet you believe they exist. Just for the record, so do I. Sooo also just for the record, I believe in only one more thing than you do, and for that, you vilify me. Quite the hypocrite, bob.
yet those things actually leave evidence of their existence, even if you cannot see them.

there is not one teensy weensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses. not one.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3550 Aug 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I find it interesting that you choose as examples the minescule exceptions
I wish it were miniscule.

I really do.

Alas, it's not.... your cult thrives on hate and suffering.

You are an excellent example.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3551 Aug 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Got it- you haven't actually seen most of these things yet you believe they exist.
False. I have used all 5 of my senses to experience these things.

It's not **just** about vision.

Your pathetic attempt falls flat.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3552 Aug 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
... I believe in only one more thing than you do, and for that, you vilify me. Quite the hypocrite, bob.
Yet you have **never** experienced this "thing" WITH ANY OF YOUR 5 SENSES.

Ever.

No hypocrisy.

Valid criticism of your delusional behavior.
LCNlin

United States

#3553 Aug 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>did Albert explain why science without religion would be lame?(did Einstein even use the word lame like that???)
rather defensive ... amusing
LCNlin

United States

#3554 Aug 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet those things actually leave evidence of their existence, even if you cannot see them.
there is not one teensy weensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses. not one.
rambling again with only opinions.
LOL

Location hidden

#3555 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
rambling again with only opinions.
LOL
Says the creationist who speaks in tongues.

Location hidden

#3556 Aug 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Got it- you haven't actually seen most of these things yet you believe they exist. Just for the record, so do I. Sooo also just for the record, I believe in only one more thing than you do, and for that, you vilify me. Quite the hypocrite, bob.
You're the idiot with no proof of god, lying away like you have no morals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 59 min MADRONE 94,161
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism 7 hr Guest 6
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) Sun blacklagoon 3 138
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20
The atheists trick May 8 Eagle 12 - 3
News The Anti-Christian Movement May 7 blacklagoon 3 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) May 5 Eagle 12 - 5,971