Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Religion Dispatched

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Comments
3,321 - 3,340 of 3,766 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2013
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Have we ever seen Bob -- No
Do We believe his atheist religion -- No

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
Have we ever seen Bob -- No
Do We believe his atheist religion -- No
You do realize that your need to classify atheism as a religion in order to make it seem like it's on par with your belief system smacks of sheer desperation and knowledge that you haven't got a leg to stand on in the first place, don't you?

When you need to lie about your 'opponents' in order to argue against them, you were never in contention to begin with.
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that your need to classify atheism as a religion in order to make it seem like it's on par with your belief system smacks of sheer desperation and knowledge that you haven't got a leg to stand on in the first place, don't you?
When you need to lie about your 'opponents' in order to argue against them, you were never in contention to begin with.
Are all atheists this defensive?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that your need to classify atheism as a religion in order to make it seem like it's on par with your belief system smacks of sheer desperation and knowledge that you haven't got a leg to stand on in the first place, don't you?
Don't feed the troll-- LCN is just a desperate troll.

He has been stalking me for quite some time now.

I suspect he is jealous-- or worse.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
"indisputably proven" that atheists trapped, love to use the term cult,defending their atheist religion,
oh no,
not a religion
LOL
Cult is the perfect description for the organized religions of today. in fact, they fit the definition of a cult to a Tee.

atheism is not a religion, i is the acknowledgement that the religious cults worship proven false gods and that there is not one teensy shred of evidence suggesting any god, gods or goddesses exist., nothing more.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Uh huh- ever seen an atom, bob? A molecule? Ever seen heat? Or cold? A narwhal? A giant squid? Clint Eastwood? South America?
yes, i have seen an atom. or a picture of one.
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Cult is the perfect description for the organized religions of today. in fact, they fit the definition of a cult to a Tee.
atheism is not a religion, i is the acknowledgement that the religious cults worship proven false gods and that there is not one teensy shred of evidence suggesting any god, gods or goddesses exist., nothing more.
Cult is the Perfect description for the Organized Atheism of today.
in fact,
Atheists fit the definition of a cult to a Tee.
And defensive on top of it all.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult is the Perfect description for the Organized Atheism of today.
in fact,
Atheists fit the definition of a cult to a Tee.
And defensive on top of it all.
I have clearly, and often described how today's rleigions are the perfect description of a cult. please do the same for atheism...

bet we don't hear one word from you in response to this...vbecause you know you cannot back up your lies...as always.

actually, lying about people that point out the truth of one's cult is a perfect example of the cult member. a very common occurrence when cult members are being deprogrammed.
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I have clearly, and often described how today's rleigions are the perfect description of a cult. please do the same for atheism...
bet we don't hear one word from you in response to this...vbecause you know you cannot back up your lies...as always.
actually, lying about people that point out the truth of one's cult is a perfect example of the cult member. a very common occurrence when cult members are being deprogrammed.
Same defensive reply when a religion is attacked.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? Yes-- I **have** seen photographs of an atom.
But even more to the point? I **have** witnessed individual atoms in various test chambers being released.
Buy the same token? I've also witnessed electrons too-- so have you-- anytime you looked at that old-style CRT screen? You witnessed **electrons**.
<quoted text>
Yep. See above. Molecules are even easier to witness than atoms, as it turns out.
DNA? Is so long, it's visible under simple optical microscopes-- for example
So, yeah, I've seen molecules.
<quoted text>
Oh, YES-- DEFINITELY, I have witnessed heat.
Just about a half hour ago? I witnessed all kinds of heat, as I made me a pot of tea.
The hot gasses creating a lovely blue plasma as they combined with oxygen in the air, and the hydrocarbons in the fuel.
Then the heat-waves created in the air, as that accumulated energy rose up from the hot stove-- I witnessed more heat.
Next, I put my tea kettle on, and when the **hot** water reached a specific energy gradient? It turned to gas, and escaped through the hole in the lid-- creating a rakus-- more heat.
And as the water vapor immediately condensed in the relatively **cold** air? It turned white, due to the scattering of liquid water particles in the air, which in turn scattered the light.
More observations of heat.
Next, I slowly poured that near-boiling water (if it were boiling, it would have turned to steam) into a half gallon glass jar, which had bits of plants in the bottom-- the **heat** from the water caused certain chemicals to migrate from the dried plant bits, and contaminated the water into a lovely, rich brown.
But due to the **heat** it is still too hot for what I want.
Once the **heat** has dissipated into my Kitchen's atmosphere? I'll pour me a glass over ...
<quoted text>
... some frozen **water**-- which is ME, witnessing COLD.
That water is so devoid of **heat**, that it has become like a rock.
Nice.
Soon, I'll enjoy both HEAT and COLD at the same time, as my mixture of RELATIVELY HOT WATER and RELATIVELY COLD WATER soothes my parched throat with a glass of Iced Tea.
<quoted text>
I witnessed a skeleton of one. And many photographs.
<quoted text>
Photographs. And recently? Videos too.
<quoted text>
Photographs. Videos. Live TV events.
<quoted text>
Yep. Been there, Done That.
Just when you think that the religious can't get any dumber, they prove you wrong again.
I can't believe he would ask such silly questions.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feed the troll-- LCN is just a desperate troll.
He has been stalking me for quite some time now.
I suspect he is jealous-- or worse.
Now Bob... there is no need to inform me of the painfully obvious. Since it IS painfully obvious, and I am a self-professed master at stating/pointing out the painfully obvious, I was just making a point by.... you guessed it... stating the painfully obvious! ;D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when you think that the religious can't get any dumber, they prove you wrong again.
I can't believe he would ask such silly questions.
I can-- he was using the tired old saw of "can you **see** air? No! But **air** exists!"

... meh.

What a moron he is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Now Bob... there is no need to inform me of the painfully obvious. Since it IS painfully obvious, and I am a self-professed master at stating/pointing out the painfully obvious, I was just making a point by.... you guessed it... stating the painfully obvious! ;D
Obviously.

;)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
You invent and believe in a cult (creationism). Then you choose to call atheism a cult as an insult.

That's how stupid you are. You need to be tested in the head son.
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

"indisputably proven" that atheists challenged, love to use the term cult,defending their atheist philosophy, alas to no avail.
LOL

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
no, in fact, one never hears of a religious cult member proving they aren't in a cult by using proven, verifiable facts.

i gave you such facts showing atheism isn't a cult, and i have given you, on multiple occasions, the clear, verifiable facts showing religions to be just cults. you have as yet been able to counter my facts with anything but your silly, repeated lies. why is that?

i have clearly and indisputably proven my case, you have given no facts whatsoever to support yours...

game, set, match.
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Cult is an interesting description for the New Atheism of today.
New Atheists fit the definition of a cult in the view of many.
Defensiveness proceeds the fall.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
Cult is an interesting description for the New Atheism of today.
New Atheists fit the definition of a cult in the view of many.
Defensiveness proceeds the fall.
why is it after repeated requests to provide even one single example of how atheism is a cult, you have failed to do so?

is it because you are nothing but a mindless troll tossing out soundbytes with no meaning? is it because atheism is not a cult in any way? is it all of the above?

most rational people would be forced to answer C, all of the above...

you seem to prove that with your continued posts lacking any facts and repeating the same lies.
LCNlin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

some Atheists have issues with those who question the atheist religion, philosophy, or whatever :-)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

LCNlin wrote:
some Atheists have issues with those who question the atheist religion, philosophy, or whatever :-)
Nobody cares what a defeated troll thinks. Get a new hobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 224,099
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Richardfs 198
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr Buck Crick 368
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 6 hr No-Doubt 270
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr DonPanic 21,384
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 18 hr Patrick 16
•••
•••