Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#3250 Aug 7, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do repost your proof of atheism.
We don't have to post anything. You and your god are supposed to provide the evidence of his existence. Neither has provided a shred of evidence.
It is like a classroom, and the teacher calls your name to ask if a student is present.The student does not answer. She looks around and she can't find him. Does the teacher conclude that he is absent or does she conclude that he has become invisible?
LCN Llin

United States

#3251 Aug 7, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to post anything. You and your god are supposed to provide the evidence of his existence. Neither has provided a shred of evidence.
It is like a classroom, and the teacher calls your name to ask if a student is present.The student does not answer. She looks around and she can't find him. Does the teacher conclude that he is absent or does she conclude that he has become invisible?
Thanks for your opinions.
Have a Nice Day
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#3252 Aug 7, 2013
In truth, America is very secular today. The pockets of religion that still exist disturbs those who have the power now. They have to blame others for their failures alluding to what they believe freedom and equality is. Of course that freedom and equality means massive taxes for the masses. In truth, the only freedom is sexual expression and the good traditions have been decimated with it. That in itself has sealed our decline to a combination first, second and third world nation in our future. The equality is fine. But the dropoff of talents and abilities is huge as we take a percentage from every group to prove how nice we are in a politically correct, diverse country. That in itself is enough to bring a nation to second tier status and we are heading there. Thank gaia we spend trillions on defense for weapon after weapon and trillions on the burgeoning totalitarian state. That may be enough to keep us all together as one big happy family.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3255 Aug 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what would you consider the other important measures of a human?
I'll take this slowly for you, as I have things to do. Let's start with the Seven Army values: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service. Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage. For REAL enlightenment, take the first letter of each and pronounce them together: L-D-R-S-H-I-P.

outdoors

#3256 Aug 7, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL- "You and your god are supposed to provide the evidence of his existence"...who wrote THAT rule?

outdoors

#3258 Aug 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor HuntsForBrains believes that faith (a lie) is a valid way to learn new things....
... sad.
But it certainly explains his ignorance...
Everyone is ignorant of SOME things, bob. Don't know where you came up with the "Faith Hypothesis" but I'm soooooooo anxious to see your explanation....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3263 Aug 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take this slowly for you, as I have things to do. Let's start with the Seven Army values: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service. Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage. For REAL enlightenment, take the first letter of each and pronounce them together: L-D-R-S-H-I-P.
What a shame, you flunked them all...

... you **certainly** do not display "selfless service".

And respect? That simply isn't on your list at all.

Same for honor.

As for integrity? Well... you lie pretty much all the time, so that's out too.

But I'll give you the loyalty one: you are loyal to a fault, to a bronze-age superstition.

I have no data about your courage or lack thereof-- you may or may not have it--

-- but I **have** found that very few True Believers™ have any courage--

-- it's their constant **fear** that keeps them..

.... faithful.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3264 Aug 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone is ignorant of SOME things, bob. Don't know where you came up with the "Faith Hypothesis" but I'm soooooooo anxious to see your explanation....
Faith is a lie-- by definition.

If you had FACTS TO BACK IT?

You would not NEED faith, would you?

Conclusion: faith is a lie.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#3271 Aug 8, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>LOL- "You and your god are supposed to provide the evidence of his existence"...who wrote THAT rule?
Humankind has made that rule. When one makes an assertion, one must provide proof. If a person went for a job, aren't they required to provide proof of identity and of prior work experience. In Science, if a scientist comes out with a theory, is he or she not obliged to submit evidence to back it up? In law, the prosecution and police must submit evidence to prove guilt.
So you are obliged to submit proof of your god.

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#3272 Aug 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is a lie-- by definition.
If you had FACTS TO BACK IT?
You would not NEED faith, would you?
Conclusion: faith is a lie.
What goes around comes around, huh Bob? Christians persecuted people for years and they are reaping what they sowed.
In city rooted in Bible, Islamist marches and graffiti intimidate Egypt’s Christian minority
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#3273 Aug 8, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
In city rooted in Bible, Islamist marches and graffiti intimidate Egypt’s Christian minority
That country is a mess. Largely due to the malicious effect of fundamentalist religion.
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#3278 Aug 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you have no links or examples to offer
be a nice troll and spam elsewhere"
Links or examples of personal responsibility? Is the concept to difficult to figure out on your own? The only link there is to my personal opinion would be the very one you got....my post!

If you can't handle having a discussion with me then continue to scroll on by, it won't bother me at all, but don't assume that you are in any position to accuse someone of just being a troll and thinking you can tell them to spam elsewhere when from what I have read on here it doesn't look like you are in the top five of the "in control" anyway.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#3280 Aug 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentalists do not force non fundamentalist to pay taxes to the Church of Fundamentalism and Anglican Bishops do not sit in the United States Senate.
.....just saying.
I am not clear to your point, but I think it fair to say, that fundamentalism is a bigger problem in the States, than this side of the pond. I do admit you have a better political system. As you'd expect I would like the separation of church and state and the promotion of secularism as much as possible.
Thinking

UK

#3281 Aug 8, 2013
Here's a heretical thought... maybe the US Govt should nationalise christianity in the same way Henry VIIIth did here. Our government run religion is dying on its arse! Hurrah.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not clear to your point, but I think it fair to say, that fundamentalism is a bigger problem in the States, than this side of the pond. I do admit you have a better political system. As you'd expect I would like the separation of church and state and the promotion of secularism as much as possible.
Thinking

UK

#3282 Aug 8, 2013
Do you regard US funding Israel on largely religious grounds as secular? Do tax payers get an opt out?
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentalists do not force non fundamentalist to pay taxes to the Church of Fundamentalism and Anglican Bishops do not sit in the United States Senate.
.....just saying.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#3283 Aug 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
..Our government run religion is dying on its arse! Hurrah.
<quoted text>
I guess the decline in the church of england is to do with modern life people have a lot more choice of what to do on their sundays, plus of course waking up to religion being bollocks.
Amused

Newburyport, MA

#3284 Aug 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post....
materialist response is predictable
Looks like someone learned a new word. He used it in a sentence in two consecutive posts. If he had a brain, he'd be outdoors playing with it.
Thinking

UK

#3285 Aug 8, 2013
Sometimes literally!

I knew a girl at school who lived in her parent's pub. Her bedroom window was nearly level with the church bells next door. Her only choice on a Sunday was to wake up earlier than she liked and put some distance between her and the church.
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the decline in the church of england is to do with modern life people have a lot more choice of what to do on their sundays, plus of course waking up to religion being bollocks.
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#3286 Aug 8, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!
Answered you by mistake, meant for another poster
Personal responsibility obvious.
Have a good day
Appreciate it, have a good one as well.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3288 Aug 8, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone is ignorant of SOME things, bob. Don't know where you came up with the "Faith Hypothesis" but I'm soooooooo anxious to see your explanation....
minimisation - a classic creationist tactic when he cannot prove the god he's here to lie about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 50 min DebraE 12,462
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr NoahLovesU 247,261
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 1 hr Shizle 18
Proof of God for the Atheist 4 hr Uncle Sam 99
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 5 hr Shizle 46
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 6 hr -Stray Dog 47,760
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 10 hr Reason Personified 14,712
More from around the web