Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#3209 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Old Testament stuff. You'll have to talk to a Pentacostal preacher about that one, just take some ear plugs with you, they get pretty loud.
The same Old Testament upon which the New Testament is built upon.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3210 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, bob, bob- we've already had this conversation
If by "conversation" you mean you telling us all lies, then sure!

We've had **that** one over and over-- lies is all you do, pretty much.

But with your $49.95 "diploma" you'll be telling us all about it some more?

Riiiiiight.... you, who think your fictional Jewsus really did take a stroll on a lake... in the summer... during a storm....

... riiiiight.

Have some ... "wine" ... or is it just Grape Juice? Perhaps it's simply water, and you've been hypnotized into thinking it's more?

<LMAO>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3211 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that included the set of 'collector' Elvis plates also, didn't it?
Without a doubt.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3212 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Old Testament stuff. You'll have to talk to a Pentacostal preacher about that one, just take some ear plugs with you, they get pretty loud.
Once again: you reveal how much of a HYPOCRITE you are.

Without the OT? Your NT is utterly without meaning of any worth.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3213 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you cannot recognize sarcasm when it's obvious. Try 3.4 billion. The internet makes geniuses of anyone with a keyboard, doesn't it?
You had to look that up, didn't you?

At FIRST you said a few THOUSAND years. Next you said a few MILLION.

Now, you are changing your tune AGAIN?

LMAO!
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#3214 Aug 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
FALSE.
Your ugly cult uses the same BIBLE to JUSTIFY it's activities.
So long as YOU keep promoting the same, evil book?
YOU ARE EQUALLY LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THEY DO, BECAUSE OF THE BIBLE.
If you don't LIKE that?
CHANGE the bible you use to be LESS evil.
Again, I do not belong to any "cult" nor do I belong to any church. I think you are once again making the wrong assumption that anyone that believes there to be a higher power than one's self, must by your account be religious. You are wrong to suggest that. I also am very aware that the Bible was written by men, leaving out many books that did not fit the message they wanted to send at the time, including all books written by women. I am not liable for anything anyone other than myself does no more than I would hold you responsible for something that someone did that you may or may not know but you hold similar interest or beliefs with. I happen to think the biggest problem with our society today is that so many people are running around thinking that it's always someone else's fault. No one wants to hold themselves responsible for their own actions. Personal responsibility is what I believe in and I am only responsible for what I do. Hell, I wouldn't take responsibility for what my kids do anymore either being that they are adults now and make their own decisions, therefor they are totally and completely responsible for what they do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3216 Aug 5, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I do not belong to any "cult" nor do I belong to any church. I think you are once again making the wrong assumption that anyone that believes there to be a higher power than one's self, must by your account be religious. You are wrong to suggest that. I also am very aware that the Bible was written by men, leaving out many books that did not fit the message they wanted to send at the time, including all books written by women. I am not liable for anything anyone other than myself does no more than I would hold you responsible for something that someone did that you may or may not know but you hold similar interest or beliefs with. I happen to think the biggest problem with our society today is that so many people are running around thinking that it's always someone else's fault. No one wants to hold themselves responsible for their own actions. Personal responsibility is what I believe in and I am only responsible for what I do. Hell, I wouldn't take responsibility for what my kids do anymore either being that they are adults now and make their own decisions, therefor they are totally and completely responsible for what they do.
By definition, an atheist **has** to take responsibility for his or her own actions.

There is no god or antigod to **blame** it on-- in direct contrast to **all** True Believers™.
LCN Llin

United States

#3217 Aug 5, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bob" is a computer program
which responds with five quick
posts automatically.

Each post is a repeat of one a week
before.
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#3218 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bob" is a computer program
which responds with five quick
posts automatically.
Each post is a repeat of one a week
before.
So you must be talking about yourself "Bob" because I sure don't answer to that name. If you are accusing me of being "Bob", by your automated response I can only assume you have no ability to discuss or debate any subjects on your own. Avoidance....how novel Bob!!!
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#3219 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
By definition, an atheist **has** to take responsibility for his or her own actions.
There is no god or antigod to **blame** it on-- in direct contrast to **all** True Believers™.
Let's face it....God is usually not the one people blame for their behavior when they refuse to take personal responsibility for themselves.

I was just informing you that I am not responsible for anyone else and that includes any and all people that call themselves Christians, religious, Catholic, atheist, or anything else. So I am NOT responsible for anything done or said by any religious "cults" as you said in your prior post, no more than you would be responsible for anything another atheist did or said. At the very least we should be able to discuss the subject without grouping one another into anything that completely shuts down any true conversation on the subject. I am not "all" religious people, I am not even ONE religious person. I am not involved in any cult or church and so when you suggest that it is "my Bible" or "my cult" then you are avoiding any conversation with me because you want to talk about a completely different group. Making assumptions about each other is what causes most of the conflict between the religious, the non religious, the believers and the non believers. Not to mention every different type of religion. Everyone seems to make assumptions about what the other believes but few are willing to listen to and talk to each other to really find out the truth.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3220 Aug 5, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face it....God is usually not the one people blame for their behavior when they refuse to take personal responsibility for themselves.
Well... of course not! God's not real, but that does not prevent people who pretend god **is** real, from blaming god for their failures.

And they even fabricated special "blame" gods too...

... it's kinda sad, really.
Oh please wrote:
I was just informing you that I am not responsible for anyone else and that includes any and all people that call themselves Christians, religious, Catholic, atheist, or anything else.
I understand-- and I wasn't blaming you.

If the shoe (that I write about) does not fit? Don't wear it.

:)
LCN Llin

United States

#3221 Aug 5, 2013
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just informing you that I am not responsible for anyone else and that includes any and all people that call themselves Christians, religious, Catholic, atheist, or anything else. So I am NOT responsible for anything done or said by any religious "cults" as you said in your prior post, no more than you would be responsible for anything another atheist did or said. At the very least we should be able to discuss the subject without grouping one another into anything that completely shuts down any true conversation on the subject. I am not "all" religious people, I am not even ONE religious person. I am not involved in any cult or church and so when you suggest that it is "my Bible" or "my cult" then you are avoiding any conversation with me because you want to talk about a completely different group. Making assumptions about each other is what causes most of the conflict between the religious, the non religious, the believers and the non believers. Not to mention every different type of religion. Everyone seems to make assumptions about what the other believes but few are willing to listen to and talk to each other to really find out the truth.
"If you have no links or examples to offer
be a nice troll and spam elsewhere"

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3222 Aug 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You had to look that up, didn't you?
At FIRST you said a few THOUSAND years. Next you said a few MILLION.
Now, you are changing your tune AGAIN?
LMAO!
No sheldon I didn't- you pretty much have reading comprehension roblem, don't you? No one is allowed little sarcasm but you? Not even in response to snideness? I'll try to remember that some rules only apply to Christians.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3223 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you cannot recognize sarcasm when it's obvious. Try 3.4 billion. The internet makes geniuses of anyone with a keyboard, doesn't it?
i've seen you post some incredibly stupid shit before...this seemed to fit in.

perhaps you need a different keyboard?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3224 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>No sheldon I didn't- you pretty much have reading comprehension roblem, don't you? No one is allowed little sarcasm but you? Not even in response to snideness? I'll try to remember that some rules only apply to Christians.
It's **your** ugly religion...**you** keep up with it's ludicrous rules.

... wait.. you don't actually FOLLOW the rules of your cult, do you?

That's right-- you keep saying you pick and choose, and ignore the "icky" bits of the bible you don't like.

What a hypocrite you are...
LCN Llin

United States

#3225 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>No sheldon I didn't- you pretty much have reading comprehension roblem, don't you? No one is allowed little sarcasm but you? Not even in response to snideness? I'll try to remember that some rules only apply to Christians.
It makes sheldon feel better if you agree with his opinions.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3226 Aug 5, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you feel when your opinions about atheists are proven wrong, like i have done so many times?

you keep posting them so it must not bother you. good to know the truth doesn't bother you at all...
Thinking

Royston, UK

#3227 Aug 5, 2013
Sources?
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
LCN Llin

United States

#3228 Aug 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how do you feel when your opinions about atheists are proven wrong, like i have done so many times?
you keep posting them so it must not bother you. good to know the truth doesn't bother you at all...
Do repost your proof of atheism.
LCN Llin

United States

#3229 Aug 6, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
Defensive, these agnostic/atheists

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Frindly 83,960
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 hr Frindly 3,303
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... Thu Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web