Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3189 Aug 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a ranting lunatic.
Coming from YOU? That's high praise indeed!

Thank you!
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Why does God bother you so?
.... your god is EVIL beyond the pale.

ONLY TERRORISTS USE TORTURE-- your god?

Terrorist.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Is it your soul crying out for help?
I have no soul. Neither do you.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Or is it that you know I'm right and you don't want to stop living your sick life?
You are full of hate. You are so evil, I suspect your eyes are black from it...
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Has hell got you so hot and bothered?
Hell isn't real, you lunatic.

But the EVIL BIBLE?

PROVES TO 100% YOUR GOD IS NOT REAL.

Thanks for admitting that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3190 Aug 3, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
off topic :
"What are the "birther" and Teabaggers gonna do when their darling new mouth piece, Ted Cruz,
decides to run for president? After all, he was born in Canada. Last time I checked Canada was still part of the Commonwealth and not the 51st State.
He was just in Iowa testing the waters.
can't wait to see what justification for his being eligible they come up?"
justification?!? he looks a lot more like them...

that's all that mentality level needs...

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3191 Aug 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the worthless creationist lying troll who believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs.
That is literally how stupid your beliefs actually are.
atheists feel insulted that you want to make then swallow this cult cr*p,
No one has stated, implied or inferred that Christ did such a thing, so that makes YOU the stoopid one. Also, you now are assuming to speak for all athiests, so now you're even stoopider,,,if that were possible.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#3192 Aug 4, 2013
always knew Pluto is usually further than Neptune from the Sun or Earth. But when the bodies are on opposite sides of the Sun, as they are 50% of the time, Pluto is not "past Uranus" as you said originally.

If only you hadn't used the word "past", this wouldn't have blown up in your face. Once you've finished your little tantrum you'll dry your eyes and learn the rigour of the scientific method.

Back to school with you, twart.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>What percentage of the time is that wrong?
Nearly 50%.
So I don't really think you're an authority on "Pluto's place", twart.
50%. LMFAO
What a dolt!
"Is Pluto sometimes closer to us than Neptune?
Because Pluto has an orbit around the sun which is very elliptical, there are times when it crosses Neptune's orbit and is actually closer to the sun than Neptune. This happened recently during a twenty year period from 1979 to 1999. For now, Pluto is back to being farther away from the sun than Neptune. It will be more than 230 years before Pluto and Neptune trade places again. Pluto slips inside of Neptune's orbit once every 248 Earth years for a period of twenty years."
That's less then 10%.
What a nut job.
Oh and it will be 230 more years that I'm right with my comment.
Ya you sure showed me. Bawhahaha

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3193 Aug 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>No one has stated, implied or inferred that Christ did such a thing, so that makes YOU the stoopid one.
**IF** you believe that the earth was created merely thousands of years ago?

**THEN** it is logical to presume that your Jewsus could have rode on dinosaurs, if he wanted.

It's an amusing picture showing the SHEER STUPIDITY of the creationist worldview.

A worldview you seem to share.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#3194 Aug 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
**IF** you believe that the earth was created merely thousands of years ago?
**THEN** it is logical to presume that your Jewsus could have rode on dinosaurs, if he wanted.
It's an amusing picture showing the SHEER STUPIDITY of the creationist worldview.
A worldview you seem to share.
As usual, bob/sheldon, you're wrong. Again you seem to think you're allowed to tell me what to think and what I'm allowed to know. It was some ancient clergyman in the 1800's whose indepth study of the Bible determined that the Earth was (at the time) around 4 thousand years old. I minored in college, sheldon/bob, I'm familiar with the scientific data that dictates (approximately) the actual age of the Earth- a little older than "a few thousand years". You seem to have a narrow field of expertise and not too smart when it comes to anything else. But please, DO continue to tell me what I'm supposed to know and how I'm supposed to think- it amuses...

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#3195 Aug 4, 2013
<"I minored in Geology in college..."> oops.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#3196 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"If you *could* reason with the religious? There would be no religious."
-- Gregory House.
:D
Another thing I find aggravating in society is how the atheists are always painted as idiots in media and the religious ones are seen as the smart ones......

St. Croix valley

#3197 Aug 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>As usual, bob/sheldon, you're wrong. Again you seem to think you're allowed to tell me what to think and what I'm allowed to know. It was some ancient clergyman in the 1800's whose indepth study of the Bible determined that the Earth was (at the time) around 4 thousand years old. I minored in college, sheldon/bob, I'm familiar with the scientific data that dictates (approximately) the actual age of the Earth- a little older than "a few thousand years". You seem to have a narrow field of expertise and not too smart when it comes to anything else. But please, DO continue to tell me what I'm supposed to know and how I'm supposed to think- it amuses...
a little older than a few thousand years?!? try a few billion years...

can you get your money back from the community college?
LCN Llin

United States

#3198 Aug 4, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing I find aggravating in society is how the atheists are always painted as idiots in media and the religious ones are seen as the smart ones......
Look no farther than Bob ;-)
LCN Llin

United States

#3199 Aug 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a little older than a few thousand years?!? try a few billion years...
Bob/Sheldon :-)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3200 Aug 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>As usual, bob/sheldon, you're wrong.
Doubtful--- apart from your hate-speech (your opening sentence to me), pretty much the ONLY thing you do?

Is lie. So let's see.
huntcoyotes wrote:
Again you seem to think you're allowed to tell me what to think and what I'm allowed to know.
You don't read very well DO you? I emphasized the "IF".

Just in case you were a bible-hypocrite who doesn't believe your own book...
huntcoyotes wrote:
It was some ancient clergyman in the 1800's whose indepth study of the Bible determined that the Earth was (at the time) around 4 thousand years old.
A pretty accurate assessment of the usefulness of the stupid bible.

In that it's not useful at ALL-- the bible is garbage, pretty much.

But it **does** claim the earth is about 6000 years old.
huntcoyotes wrote:
I minored in college,
Did you measure in hate-speech? LOL!

I seriously doubt YOU went to ... a REAL college.

Likely one of those fake BuyBull "colleges" you read about...

... wherein they use the bible's Genesis in "geology" class.
huntcoyotes wrote:
sheldon/bob, I'm familiar with the scientific data that dictates (approximately) the actual age of the Earth- a little older than "a few thousand years".
So you ADMIT that you think your bible is FICTION?

Good! That is progress!
huntcoyotes wrote:
You seem to have a narrow field of expertise and not too smart when it comes to anything else.
LOL! I certainly got YOUR number, Mr GodBot.
huntcoyotes wrote:
But please, DO continue to tell me what I'm supposed to know and how I'm supposed to think- it amuses...
Of course, GodBot.

Keep spewing your hatespeech.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3201 Aug 4, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... reality is exactly the reverse.

Anyone in this modern day and age who thinks Bronze Age Gods are REAL?

Is a low-grade moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3202 Aug 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a little older than a few thousand years?!? try a few billion years...
Unlikely. He's already paid his $49.95 for the "diploma"...

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#3203 Aug 4, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you maybe prove that one? Especially the "always" part?

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#3204 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Bob, bob, bob- we've already had this conversation and if you wish to continue talking in a drunken loop, I'll catch you on the next turn. Evidence has shown that the last of the dinosaurs died out some 60,000,000 million years ago, give or take a few centuries. With any luck, you'll not take so long to mush on and get somewhere near the topic.

St. Croix valley

#3205 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>
that included the set of 'collector' Elvis plates also, didn't it?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#3206 Aug 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, bob, bob- we've already had this conversation and if you wish to continue talking in a drunken loop, I'll catch you on the next turn. Evidence has shown that the last of the dinosaurs died out some 60,000,000 million years ago, give or take a few centuries. With any luck, you'll not take so long to mush on and get somewhere near the topic.
Your bible doesn't say that. It says that God created animals after man. Actually it contradicts itself on whether man was created first or animals.
So which do you believe in more, the bible or science?

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#3207 Aug 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible doesn't say that. It says that God created animals after man. Actually it contradicts itself on whether man was created first or animals.
So which do you believe in more, the bible or science?
Ah, Old Testament stuff. You'll have to talk to a Pentacostal preacher about that one, just take some ear plugs with you, they get pretty loud.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#3208 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
I see that you cannot recognize sarcasm when it's obvious. Try 3.4 billion. The internet makes geniuses of anyone with a keyboard, doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min Science 81,683
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 12 hr River Tam 33,031
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 23 hr Eagle 12 - 2,191
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web